Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

bonomccabe wrote: »
    Well done to everyone who applied and got results. I know from past experience it's so hard to get in and to get hired even more elusive.

All we do is try our best. I got a score of 121 in Cavan, so thinking as we aren't a huge county or anything, I might not get an interview with that placing.
    Have other people got interviews in that placing before? Thanks guys!

In the 2016 competition I got a score in the high 70's in Cavan.
    That jumped to 18 after the supervised exam in Dublin.
    Remained the same after interview.
    Scraped in by the skin of my teeth after two years waiting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Some hope for a Longford post, practically zero for Leitrim...
    Last competition, I believe no one geot a job.

Not exactly true, a friend of mine got in in 2019 on the last panel, haven't a clue where he placed though, so some slight hope trisha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Green188845

Oom ~2500 for Dublin, feeling quite down. I never understand these aptitude results as I've done quite a few of them over the years with very different results. Did one for HSE CO a couple of years ago for Dublin and got ~50 oom with very similar answers to this campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dublingal123

First time applying, got oom in the 860s for Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jamescahill

1080s for Dublin , I’m delighted I passed but realistically is that me out of luck on a position for a very long time ? well done everyone also ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 bonomccabe

Oom 2540 for Dublin, feeling quite down. I never understand these aptitude results as I've done quite a few of them over the years with very different results. Did one for HSE CO a couple of years ago for Dublin and got ~50 oom with very similar answers to this campaign.

I do sometimes wonder if they just act as a grand veneer, and the positions or most of them are all inside job and never really there in the first place. How transparent are their processes really?

I know a few people in the civil service and I do really wonder how they ever 'passed' these tests and interviews with flying colors so well (people who give the impression they can barely string a sentence together), when Daddy was the local TD or Councillor. Sometimes you do have to wonder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

I’m over 5000th in Dublin. Feeling absolutely devastated as I have been struggling to find employment even after doing a Masters and my mental health has deteriorated rapidly these last few months. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

4323, placed 1258 for Galway, my secondary county choice. I presume they'll provide the other county shortly? I probably should have chosen a less popular county like Clare or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    I’m over 5000th in Dublin. Feeling absolutely devastated as I have been struggling to find employment even after doing a Masters and my mental health has deteriorated rapidly these last few months. :(

Is that your score or order of merit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

Anyone else for Kerry here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,914 ✭✭✭shmeee

Posters here asking if they will get called...... it's a waiting a game.

I know so many who were way down the OOM and at some stage in the next 24 months they got a call and got placed in a job since. As jackreacher said above also about his other half.

So don't get dejected and down if you see your OOM and others here are way lower. Take it as it comes. This is such a slow process so don't get too bogged down.

Is that your score or order of merit ?

Order of merit. Sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Swiftlyme

Hi guys, congratulations to ye all.

I got number 14 for galway after the stage 2 examination and was advised to reapply and I got number 700 and something lol so disappointed about it!

Any words of wisdom, further info lol so what is the point of it all?
    Hahah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

Does anyone know if you get the score for both your counties?

bonomccabe wrote: »
    I do sometimes wonder if they just act as a grand veneer, and the positions or most of them are all inside job and never really there in the first place. How transparent are their processes really?

I know a few people in the civil service and I do really wonder how they ever 'passed' these tests and interviews with flying colors so well (people who give the impression they can barely string a sentence together), when Daddy was the local TD or Councillor. Sometimes you do have to wonder!

BS.

If they were inside jobs, many wouldn't be waiting around as long as they should with people they know....

It's a panel and run by the Public Appointments Service and can't pull any strings anywhere to help.

Go away out of that will you!

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    In the 2016 competition I got a score in the high 70's in Cavan.
    That jumped to 18 after the supervised exam in Dublin.
    Remained the same after interview.
    Scraped in by the skin of my teeth after two years waiting...

How many were actually on the final panel that year or in 2018 when the decision was made? Such a long wait, I imagine some people die, drop out, lose the plot or just give up in that space of time:pac:!

Well done on getting in- very long, arduous process!

shmeee wrote: »
    BS.

If they were inside jobs, many wouldn't be waiting around as long as they should with people they know....

It's a panel and run by the Public Appointments Service and can't pull any strings anywhere to help.

Go away out of that will you!

I'm sure there's a few too many special cases and the rest put out to auction!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 flowergirlxx

Got OOM 232 for Kilkenny, does that mean there’s 231 people in front of me?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Daffodil in Spring

Got Dublin result. Must be a lot of people with results in the 6000s as a good few hundred before me in OOM.

Anyone an idea roughly how many positions come up in Dublin in the 2 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Got Dublin result. Must be a lot of people with results in the 6000s as a good few hundred before me in OOM.

It's very difficult to predict with the current pandemic and impending economic doom and gloom. Last couple on intakes have been pretty big.

• Advertisement

Yes.

I scored around 3500 on the test and my OOM is around 5400. For Dublin.

Realistically, am I done? Is this a complete write-off? Are my chances basically zero?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Booella69

Yes it does. You will be called in batches from this OOM standings for an interview. Then after interviews you get a new OOM depending on how well you do in the interview and this will be your place on the list to be offered a job. Some counties move fast other hardly at all over approx a 2 year timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭xxsammyxx085

Booella69 wrote: »
    Yes it does. You will be called in batches from this OOM standings for an interview. Then after interviews you get a new OOM depending on how well you do in the interview and this will be your place on the list to be offered a job. Some counties move fast other hardly at all over approx a 2 year timeframe.

It says on the message people wont be called for interview unless a place becomes available

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭pj12332

147 in Kildare. So are we not sitting exams unless we are near the top what's the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

4534 score...

1060 on oom for Cork.

Tbh I applied on a whim and wasn't holding out for much,so I'm surprised with that.

Anyone know what the average figure would be for Cork applicants?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭piplip87

232 in Cavan and in the 3000's for Dublin. Not holding any hope hope of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

KM792 wrote: »
    4534 score...

1060 on oom for Cork.

Tbh I applied on a whim and wasn't holding out for much,so I'm surprised with that.

Anyone know what the average figure would be for Cork applicants?

Average score was 5003

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Booella69

It says on the message people wont be called for interview unless a place becomes available

Ah ok..I stand corrected so. I was just going by my experience in the 2018 panel. I hadn't read that message.. still waiting on my result for counties not called yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Louise7

Anyone else for Kerry here?

Yes Kerry is my second choice

Advertisement