Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ladyzara

Anyone waiting on Sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MCLAW

Well done everyone ðŸ‘

These competitions baffle me, I scored much better for the previous competition. I score really well in the assessments. Score is way to high for both counties which are slow enough counties to begin with. Wish they'd go back to old way of eliminating candidates..

Good luck with interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CivilCybil

GarIT wrote: »
    No. All competitions are independant and can not influence others

Rejecting a job in your first preference will bar you from your second preference but not the other way around.

Thanks for that. Good to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 HillyMammoth

1093 for Galway

Should probably call it a night so.

Placed 2nd in Galway for TCO last summer so I don't know what I was at with the online test this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭Plugguy

No. All competitions are independant and can not influence others

Rejecting a job in your first preference will bar you from your second preference but not the other way around.

Are you sure? From the email I received - Candidates will be contacted regarding Stage 2- Interview as vacancies arise in accordance with their order of merit. Please note that candidates will only be invited to sit Stage 2- Interview once, irrespective of the location choices applied for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Thanks Gar & Cybil

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

I know people in previous competition who did not accept their first offer and asked to be left on panel for second choice. Wife got number 1 for her two locations wonder will interview start soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 doglover5565

I got 65 in Tipperary so fingers crossed they'll call me at least for interview...good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Ladyzara wrote: »
    Anyone waiting on Sligo?

I didn’t get any results for Sligo yet! Just Mayo..

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bobsyouraunty

job seeker wrote: »
    I didn’t get any results for Sligo yet! Just Mayo..

Keeping the best till last it seems

Patiently awaiting Sligo here too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Do you get updates about your position in the OOM changing based on people before you going for interviews etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Hmmm i got just over 2500 on the order of merit for dublin and scored over 5000 on the test. Does that mean im 2500 back in the line for when an opening interview comes up? Is that a good result ok, or bad? :confused: I am a bit confused

• Registered Users Posts: 30 positivepenny

fergald wrote: »
    I know people in previous competition who did not accept their first offer and asked to be left on panel for second choice. Wife got number 1 for her two locations wonder will interview start soon.

Wow brilliant, well done to her... what county?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

I see it being mentioned that people who scored 4000 or more will be interviewed.

That will hardly be the case this time as there is no stage 2 plus people don't have to travel to Dublin for interview.

If a county will only recruit 50 people in this campaign how realistic is that over 200 people will be called to interview? I can't see it happening.

It is a very strange process that they have used this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭Plugguy

Yes. You are only interviewed once. Your interview results are valid for both locations.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

Sorry yes you are right GarIT.
    Are you sure it isn't the other way around. That would be against the rules I have been issued.

It doesn't matter which you are offered first but which place you put the number 1 and 2 beside on the application. Rejecting an offer in location 1 rejects any offers in location 2, but rejecting an offer for location 2 will still allow you to be offered a job in location 1. Usually we even put that on the application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 munsterred

Anyone still waiting on Limerick???

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pasterickers

Hi All and congrats to everyone on their results :)

I'm wondering does anyone know if there will be Numerical and Grammar tests this time around? I remember from 2017 that after the first stage there were Numerical and Grammar exams, this time round it's straight to an interview in stage 2?

Apologies if this has been asked already!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

munsterred wrote: »

Yep still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CivilCybil

Hi All and congrats to everyone on their results :)

I'm wondering does anyone know if there will be Numerical and Grammar tests this time around? I remember from 2017 that after the first stage there were Numerical and Grammar exams, this time round it's straight to an interview in stage 2?

Apologies if this has been asked already!

Doesn't appear so. Straight to interview based on what's been said so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Jellab

I'm in the same boat. Got to 39th order of merit for temporary panel. Scored well. This one I only reached 534 order of merit. It looked like the same scenarios as the last assessment. Not sure what way I answered this time ����

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Are interviews tough. Completely out of practice but will give it my best shot. Will they be done over Skype. Strange question, if the interviews are Skype based what would the dress protocol be for male. Suit, jacket and tie( with pyjamas bottom).?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pasterickers

CivilCybil wrote: »
    Doesn't appear so. Straight to interview based on what's been said so far

Thanks very much for your reply. Has this been officially said somewhere do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 allysangel

Oom 148 galway and 112 in mayo scored 6292 was a little bit dissapointed until I seen I was in the top third and a CO friend assured me they were decent results. Sure we’ll wait and see .

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mayo londoner

Came high for Clare, have applied for Limerick too but presuming I'll be high enough there too. Did I see somewhere before that Garda Vetting applications are really holding up the show with regards to these posts?

So for example, say interview is at end of May with results mid June, would Garda Vetting then start (read on one thread that this takes 12-16 weeks, is this true?), hand in month's notice in current workplace once you'd get approved by the Garda Vetting Unit then, so that would bring it to mid September. So roughly 5-6 months?

I know it depends on where you rank on the OOM but is that a somewhat realistic timeline with regards to doing interview and starting a position?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Limerick results out i got placed just over no 100 good luck all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Placed in the 420s in Limerick would have thought far lower given unplaced 270s in Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

munsterred wrote: »
    Just got mine good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭daffodill50

Mark37 wrote: »
    That's a joke over 651 for Donegal - be no jobs for me anyways. Does anyone know how many they interview?

Hi Mark, how'd you know there were that many?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

Came high for Clare, have applied for Limerick too but presuming I'll be high enough there too. Did I see somewhere before that Garda Vetting applications are really holding up the show with regards to these posts?

So for example, say interview is at end of May with results mid June, would Garda Vetting then start (read on one thread that this takes 12-16 weeks, is this true?), hand in month's notice in current workplace once you'd get approved by the Garda Vetting Unit then, so that would bring it to mid September. So roughly 5-6 months?

I know it depends on where you rank on the OOM but is that a somewhat realistic timeline with regards to doing interview and starting a position?

Garda Vetting only takes 12-16 weeks (alot more in some cases) for Garda Civilian positions. Clerical officer positions that do not require special clearance just need standard vetting, which takes a couple of days usually.

Advertisement