Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

EO2019 wrote: »
    I’ve heard there’s quite a bit of movement in various departments from EO up so hopefully that will pave the way for some clerical recruitment soon in Wexford. Are you high up on the panel?

Yes I am in a department at the minute as TCO and there has been movement with one of the COs going to an EO position in the next few weeks.
    I wish i was high up..I'm in the 90's!! So many I know were so much worse off than myself and we are all in departments so it really is the luck of the draw in these competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Daffodil in Spring

I asked PAS about Dublin last week. Reply was that no interviews have happened in Dublin yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭xxsammyxx085

Also emailed last week... one called in kilkenny and none for Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big_Baner

One in Kilkenny and six in Waterford thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

Any one knows what’s happening with cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Trampus

I contacted PAS about Louth as I'm number 9 in OOM but they told everything is demand led and they won't be interviewing until positions become available.

In a separate matter, I've some previous public sector experience and had a little bit of sick leave while I was there (my dad was sick). How closely do they look at this with regards to putting you on the panel/giving you a job??

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

I know it's all relative but i'm wondering if anyone with previous experience of the competition would have an idea of how many people they would typically take forward for interview? I'm around 1000 in the order of merit for Dublin so not feeling very hopeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

It's hard to know with interview because they would previously have had the supervised assessments to do first. This is a first run for a lot of people

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

Got an email back today saying they've called up to number 29 for interview in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Carmol123

Any one called for interview for longford yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

EireinOZ wrote: »
    Any one knows what’s happening with cork

I know someone in the early 20’s, they haven’t heard a peep yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Alv_M

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I know someone in the early 20’s, they haven’t heard a peep yet.

They've called the first 4 so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭AlohaLights

They've interviewed 7 in Mayo as of today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Got a message today being called for interview for Dublin. If I interview for Dublin I'm taken off the list for my other county which I'm much higher OOM. So hard to know what to do 😓

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Got a message today being called for interview for Dublin. If I interview for Dublin I'm taken off the list for my other county which I'm much higher OOM. So hard to know what to do ��

That's a tough call. Weigh up the pros and cons carefully. I took a temporary position a few years ago that involved travel and I ended up losing money between all the extra tax (husband also working), fuel, etc. I did it for the experience but I was glad when my contract finished.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ALBxxxxxx

Got a message today being called for interview for Dublin. If I interview for Dublin I'm taken off the list for my other county which I'm much higher OOM. So hard to know what to do 😓

Do you mind telling your approx oom for Dublin? Best of luck with what you choose to do.

furrybones wrote: »
    That's a tough call. Weigh up the pros and cons carefully. I took a temporary position a few years ago that involved travel and I ended up losing money between all the extra tax (husband also working), fuel, etc. I did it for the experience but I was glad when my contract finished.

I'm starting TCO contact Monday ( everything always happens at once ) and I'm very much like you ; wanting the experience . My gut is telling me to wait for my preferred county as I'm quite high up OOM and it will give me time to settle . But then I feel I'm turning away an opportunity for possible permanent role now ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭blindsider

Unless it's a county with almost no likelihood of being called, I would hang tight. It should be worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

Has anyone who has been interviewed been offered a position yet?

blindsider wrote: »
    Unless it's a county with almost no likelihood of being called, I would hang tight. It should be worth it!

Thanks for that . That's exactly what I did . Just received a message back to say I'm next OOM for my county. I start a 10 week TCO on Monday so does anyone know what happens if I pass interview stage for CO and get placed ? Can you defer till contract is over? Any advice appreciated

• Advertisement

ALBxxxxxx wrote: »
    Do you mind telling your approx oom for Dublin? Best of luck with what you choose to do.

30. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Calathea

Does anyone know where the Galway panel stands at the moment? I'm oom 28 ��

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

Thanks for that . That's exactly what I did . Just received a message back to say I'm next OOM for my county. I start a 10 week TCO on Monday so does anyone know what happens if I pass interview stage for CO and get placed ? Can you defer till contract is over? Any advice appreciated

I don't know about deferring but just wanted to say congrats on the temporary contract.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

I dont think you have to worry too much about it.

After interviews it will take time to get results and you will likely be given good notice of your start date. If you only have a week or two remaining, they may be willing to push out your start date. If not, you can leave the TCO contract on one weeks notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DarkJ

Got a message today being called for interview for Dublin. If I interview for Dublin I'm taken off the list for my other county which I'm much higher OOM. So hard to know what to do ��

Well done. It's such a hard decision unless you have really strong reasons for not accepting Dublin. Your other choice may never come up. I got top 40 in one county and 100+ in the other. Of course my preferred county is the 100+ one.

I dont think you have to worry too much about it.

After interviews it will take time to get results and you will likely be given good notice of your start date. If you only have a week or two remaining, they may be willing to push out your start date. If not, you can leave the TCO contract on one weeks notice.
    Thanks for that . Appreciated

DarkJ wrote: »
    Well done. It's such a hard decision unless you have really strong reasons for not accepting Dublin. Your other choice may never come up. I got top 40 in one county and 100+ in the other. Of course my preferred county is the 100+ one.

Traffic was my reason Tbh. I know job security and pension is amazing but just didn't want to spend my life in traffic . My other county would be against the traffic as I'm on the border. Good news came- I'm next in line OOM so I made the right choice . Best of luck ðŸ€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Traffic was my reason Tbh. I know job security and pension is amazing but just didn't want to spend my life in traffic . My other county would be against the traffic as I'm on the border. Good news came- I'm next in line OOM so I made the right choice . Best of luck ðŸ€

You dont have to spend your life in traffic. Just 2 years tops and then you can put in for a transfer back down to the homeland. I know tons of people taking public transport to dublin from the west midlands as COs. They are counting down the days till they can transfer via mobility back nearer to home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Rikand wrote: »
    You dont have to spend your life in traffic. Just 2 years tops and then you can put in for a transfer back down to the homeland. I know tons of people taking public transport to dublin from the west midlands as COs. They are counting down the days till they can transfer via mobility back nearer to home

The waiting list for COs to leave Dublin stands at over 10 years. You can't get on the waiting list until you are in for two years. Waiting list for transferring into Dublin are almost non-existant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,915 ✭✭✭shmeee

GarIT wrote: »
    The waiting list for COs to leave Dublin stands at over 10 years. You can't get on the waiting list until you are in for two years. Waiting list for transferring into Dublin are almost non-existant.

You can request mobility the day you start work, and get your name on the list but not eligible for 2 years. May aswel get ahead of the crowd sure!

Advertisement