Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Anyone done an interview for Dublin yet

Anyone done an interview for Dublin yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rubenski

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone knows if there has been movement on the Kerry panel yet? If so, roughly what OOM are they on?

Many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Deniseb24

Hi just wondering if anyone that accepted the offer for the docks (3 weeks admin, 1 week outdoor), has heard anything at all? A friend of mine got a call last Wednesday asking if she was still interested and was told the email would be sent out by the end of last week and she has gotten nothing yet. Wondering if anyone has received an email yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭porridge365

Deniseb24 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone that accepted the offer for the docks (3 weeks admin, 1 week outdoor), has heard anything at all? A friend of mine got a call last Wednesday asking if she was still interested and was told the email would be sent out by the end of last week and she has gotten nothing yet. Wondering if anyone has received an email yet?
    Hi, I received the same phone call last Tuesday and an indication that an email would be sent out soon.She said not to worry if I did not receive the email until next week (i.e.this week) and received an email on Thursday afternoon. The email contained some forms regarding identification/garda vetting and references. I have the impression that there are quite a number of vacancies and that they are working through them so your friend has no need to worry as yet. I hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Any updates on dublin interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

L390 wrote: »
    Any updates on dublin interviews

Asked on Monday and was the they'd got up to 259. Which is only eight people in two weeks, when they'd done 220 people in the three weeks previous.

Which is only eight people in two weeks, when they'd done 220 people in the three weeks previous.
    So its slowing down now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Kildare has only moved 1 OOM in 2 months so i've given up on this campaign i think :eek:

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Kildare has only moved 1 OOM in 2 months so i've given up on this campaign i think :eek:

Oh my god !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Apparently they are taking people off the 2018
    Panel i dont no how true it is!! But me personally im not holding much hope for myself in either limerick or tippeary as there is very little movement at moment but who nos it might get better🀞🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pizzzza

Does anyone know where the galway panel is at currently? I emailed them about 4 weeks ago and they had only gotten as far as oom 4. Emailed again yesterday but haven't gotten a response so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

tiny14 wrote: »
    Apparently they are taking people off the 2018
    Panel i dont no how true it is!! But me personally im not holding much hope for myself in either limerick or tippeary as there is very little movement at moment but who nos it might get better🀞🀞

I know somebody from 2018 panel who started three weeks ago. Not sure was it due to some delay or not. I think it’s very unfair. They should at least extend this panel if that’s the case

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

ge_ch wrote: »
    I know somebody from 2018 panel who started three weeks ago. Not sure was it due to some delay or not. I think it’s very unfair. They should at least extend this panel if that’s the case

I agree with you if they still taking people an this panel open for a year but the virus really has a huge impact on things but me personally for myself im under 100 for tipp and over 100 for limerick im not holding much hope but i hope it changes for us all🀞🀞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

If they are still recruiting off 2018 that's terrible carry on.

If they are still recruiting off 2018 that's terrible carry on.

Love it lol ....again has anyone in dublin been interviewed yet

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Tinytemper

Does anyone know the process if you get called for an interview? For example, if I was oom 50 in Mayo, then get called for interview, do I get a different number based on that? Can I be put lower than someone who hasn't been interviewed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kerrybell

Hi I emailed lasted week, they have called 10 for Kerry and 3 for Cork.

Tinytemper wrote: »
    Does anyone know the process if you get called for an interview? For example, if I was oom 50 in Mayo, then get called for interview, do I get a different number based on that? Can I be put lower than someone who hasn't been interviewed yet?

I think your placed in a batch and given a new order of merit on the interview results

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Tinytemper

I think your placed in a batch and given a new order of merit on the interview results

I'm sure this can vary, how big can the batches be? In Mayo it would be batches of 30 maybe, in Dublin 100, in Leitrim 5 or am I off the mark in guessing here.

Also, does anyone know what a good score in the interview is? I've read somewhere before that you get marked on the sections they ask you about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Tinytemper wrote: »
    I'm sure this can vary, how big can the batches be? In Mayo it would be batches of 30 maybe, in Dublin 100, in Leitrim 5 or am I off the mark in guessing here.

Also, does anyone know what a good score in the interview is? I've read somewhere before that you get marked on the sections they ask you about.

I think the sections are marked out of 50 from memory of the 2018 campaign, so anything above 40 in any of the sections would be very good I would say

Rikand wrote: »
    I think the sections are marked out of 50 from memory of the 2018 campaign, so anything above 40 in any of the sections would be very good I would say

Min score is 20 max is 50 I was just told by friend

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

ge_ch wrote: »

I started a month ago and I was one of the last taken from the 2018 panel. Remember this is after a few weeks from receiving the offer to vetting, reference check and giving notice in my previous job.

In my section we had a new person start and they have been from the new 2020 panel.

I started a month ago and I was one of the last taken from the 2018 panel. Remember this is after a few weeks from receiving the offer to vetting, reference check and giving notice in my previous job.

In my section we had a new person start and they have been from the new 2020 panel.

I was hoping to be starting afresh in January lol ...can I ask where you got posted and do you like it

This is probably an extremely stupid question but if you’ve been given a placement in a department that only has the one location, are you able to ask for a different department if the location isn’t great, like if you live too far away with a child taken into account? Or is it just the location in a department you can refuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

This is probably an extremely stupid question but if you’ve been given a placement in a department that only has the one location, are you able to ask for a different department if the location isn’t great, like if you live too far away with a child taken into account? Or is it just the location in a department you can refuse.

If you live more than 45km away, you can refuse it on account of the distance and they will keep you on the list to wait for somewhere closer to home.

Otherwise, no, I think you have to take what you get and like it.

I was offered AGS in mullingar first time out, but it was 50km away from my house, so i got to refuse it and take the next job that came up closer to home and thankfully got Athlone instead.

I know I refused a position before because it was too close to.home they offered me another position but it was way too far...both were social protection...I had to drop out of it as they couldn't offer me anything else ...ask them you might be able to...as it's all changed this time around

Rikand wrote: »
    If you live more than 45km away, you can refuse it on account of the distance and they will keep you on the list to wait for somewhere closer to home.

Otherwise, no, I think you have to take what you get and like it.

I was offered AGS in mullingar first time out, but it was 50km away from my house, so i got to refuse it and take the next job that came up closer to home and thankfully got Athlone instead.

How long were you waiting for a replacement afterwards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I know I refused a position before because it was too close to.home they offered me another position but it was way too far...both were social protection...I had to drop out of it as they couldn't offer me anything else ...ask them you might be able to...as it's all changed this time around

Too close to home ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Carmol123

Anyone any tips on completing EO questionaire

Advertisement