Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RemzRoller

Any word on where they are for OOM in Co. Dublin?

How did you hear about this? Did you select Dublin in the original clerical officer competition?

I believe it was only people who selected Dublin got the email. That is the case for myself and seems to be the case with others on this post as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rcrell1

What determines the dept you may be offered if successful after interview - for example does the panel of interviewers decide one is more suitable to Revenue etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

rcrell1 wrote: »
    What determines the dept you may be offered if successful after interview - for example does the panel of interviewers decide one is more suitable to Revenue etc etc

Next on panel gets next vacancy regardless of skillset or background afaik

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just got the message to apply for the Revenue/Customs clerical office position but sadly i cant because ive only a provisional license :( Thought it was a message for the next step for EO competition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 rcrell1

Just got the message to apply for the Revenue/Customs clerical office position but sadly i cant because ive only a provisional license :( Thought it was a message for the next step for EO competition

sorry to hear that - was this for Dublin

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

rcrell1 wrote: »
    sorry to hear that - was this for Dublin

Yup it was Dublin

Any news of OOM in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

Hi,

I emailed PAS this morning asking for which oom they have reached in Dublin, still waiting on an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Inmate2020

Inmate2020 wrote: »
    How long from “ you are assigned position x “ to an email from HR department . How long does it normally take untill you actually start ? Thanks in advance

Anyone who has been placed ? Any idea how long ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Daffodil in Spring

Judging from several messages on here, PAS have sent out repeated requests for CO Customs espression of interests to different OOM ranges, over about 2 weeks.
    I presume that means that they didn't get enough replies at each stage to give them enough people to inteview. And they are waiting for enough numbers to show interest from the different OOM groups before telling anyone they are successful at getting an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

RemzRoller wrote: »
    Any word on where they are for OOM in Co. Dublin?

I believe it's 432 in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Has anyone done an interview with an ETB? I applied outside this campagin. I have one upcoming. Thinking it will be hard to get in externally because probably competing with internal mobility candidates..

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

I believe it's 432 in Dublin

Do you know how many batches there are

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

L390 wrote: »
    Do you know how many batches there are

10 at least

What's the significance of the batches?

RemzRoller wrote: »
    What's the significance of the batches?

The batches could have 100 in one or 500 in another so they could be on batch 1 no 400 and there could be 500 in that batch

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭carolluke1

The spirit of this thread is one of people getting very despondent wondering how some ranking system which was determined on the back of a cigarette packet says they are somehow worthless. I'm also looking to start a new career now that I have none thanks to covid and yes I did go off half cocked with the original comment but I know there are plenty COs in the civil service that use these campaigns to move sideways.

Do I think thats fair on everyone who does not have a guarantee of employment with some trimmings no because they are already in the system and there are proper internal procedures to do that.

Is it COs fault the system is an ass, and you most know that it is having been through several campaigns, or that the cost of living in Dublin is ridiculous, no but from my point of view its like being blocked from watching a match by the spectators who are already inside.

LOAD OF BOLLOX!

Got 109 oom for Westmeath and 47 for Roscommon scored 6397, what's my chances? Is there any movement in Westmeath with retirement etc?

OOM number 30 was interviewed this morning for Westmeath, I would imagine you have a great chance of interview in the not to distant future. I am one of the soon to be retirees in Westmeath, and from what I hear, I not not the only one.;)

No lad Ive been a TCO for a number of years now and Im just disillusioned with the scratch card process especially when I see incompetent full timers that would have gone through the same processes.

Do you get on well with your team members? Do you think others think well of you? Have you gone through the PMDS process? Have you had feedback?

Looking at your posts over the last 30 minutes, I wouldn't want you on my team, I wouldn't want you at my tea break table, you bore me!

• Advertisement

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    But you would still need a panel to pull from, especially as all the useless CO's are culled at the 9 month point of their 1 year probation!

Anyone have a figure of how many actually are let go and don't get Permanent?

never heard of anyone not passing their probation period!

Rikand wrote: »
    Heard it was at 15 about 3 months ago too ?

OOM 30 Westmeath was interviewed 9th September!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big_Baner

2 in Kilkenny and 14 in Waterford. A little bit of movement after none for about six or seven weeks. I've noticed here in Kilkenny that more of the staff are back at the offices so hopefully the pace will finally pick up, at least somewhat.

carolluke1 wrote: »

Jesus I hope the other poster is wrong ....

Continued best of luck to everyone . Got my start date today so I’m happy out

Oh.brilliant can I ask where???

L390 wrote: »
    Oh.brilliant can I ask where???

I popped you a PM there

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭chrisd2019

carolluke1 wrote: »

I know of at least two occasions in the past 18 months, it is rare, but does happen.

Delighted for you! Can I ask for where and what batch and OOM you were? Think we both interviewed roughly same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Has anyone got recent update on limerick or tipp? Thanks in advance and congrats to people who have passed interviews & ones that got placed

Advertisement