Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

From someone who works in an Intreo centre they are not as bad as people make out. I have worked in scheme based buildings as well and would take the Intreo office any day. The scheme based work is very repetitive whereas the Intreo is ever changing and makes the day go faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Just got time for interview . If it doesn't suit is there any way of changing it. Also any examples of questions you may be askef

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mayo londoner

TrishaK wrote: »
    From someone who works in an Intreo centre they are not as bad as people make out. I have worked in scheme based buildings as well and would take the Intreo office any day. The scheme based work is very repetitive whereas the Intreo is ever changing and makes the day go faster.

Are the staff in the Intreo centres all WFH at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jassgal

Good to hear a positive review from someone who actually worked in one, do you get to work flexi time in an intro centre or is it set hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭shmeee

People getting placed into the DEASP also in Tipperary, not sure exact numbers placed or where at on OOM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

Sorry if this question has already been asked (I did a search but a lot of irrelevant stuff came up) but what is the situation with people working from home at the moment in the Civil Service?

Is it something that is likely to continue after the pandemic?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

They announced today in the budget that there will be 500 new Garda staff recruited. Will that affect this panel?? Placed in the 60s in my county. Need some positivity!

Jassgal wrote: »
    Good to hear a positive review from someone who actually worked in one, do you get to work flexi time in an intro centre or is it set hours?

Yes we have flexi time, the office is open for set hours and there has to be cover at all times but you still get the opportunity to work up flexible.

I have been in the office all along but we have 1 staff member who has to work at home for health reasons.

Are the staff in the Intreo centres all WFH at the moment?

The short answer to that is no. All bar 1 person in my office have been working in the office right through this whole covid craziness

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

They announced today in the budget that there will be 500 new Garda staff recruited. Will that affect this panel?? Placed in the 60s in my county. Need some positivity!

Raging as that's where I wanted to be placed

• Advertisement

The short answer to that is no. All bar 1 person in my office have been working in the office right through this whole covid craziness

And some who were on shift work (3x12 hours) and WFH with DEASP have returned to standard office hours since yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭doc22

shmeee wrote: »
    And some who were on shift work (3x12 hours) and WFH with DEASP have returned to standard office hours since yesterday.

Intreo or scheme areas too

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

With regard to DEASP WFH Not all are- majority are still working in the office with social distancing and sanitising everywhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Alexdrewluca

Last week I got notification that I got placed in the Cbar CO and as a result I was then informed to send off the evetting forms to the gardai etc.
    it seems this Garda clearance has now been completed and send back to PAS ...but the PAS didn’t notify which Cbar dept / office I would be in. Would it be cheeky to ask them or should I just sit out and wait. Anyone know how long it takes from now on etc thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

When do placements off this panel end ? or do we have any idea yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JenOD90

Hi, congrats to all those that have been placed! Any idea where Waterford is at? I imagine little movement....

doc22 wrote: »
    Intreo or scheme areas too

What I mentioned was in relation to an Intreo Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rcrell1

I dont know as Im in a similar position !!!!!!

Last week I got notification that I got placed in the Cbar CO and as a result I was then informed to send off the evetting forms to the gardai etc.
    it seems this Garda clearance has now been completed and send back to PAS ...but the PAS didn’t notify which Cbar dept / office I would be in. Would it be cheeky to ask them or should I just sit out and wait. Anyone know how long it takes from now on etc thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

Rikand wrote: »

May 2021 I think it is

May 2021 I think it is

Thank you <3

• Advertisement

If you're offered a job do you know the location and if it doesn't suit and you refuse are you out of the process altogether.on a side note can't believe you get such short notice for interview and testing zoom. Had some serious rejigging to do but all good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

If you're offered a job do you know the location and if it doesn't suit and you refuse are you out of the process altogether.on a side note can't believe you get such short notice for interview and testing zoom. Had some serious rejigging to do but all good now.

As far as I'm aware you are out of the running

• Registered Users Posts: 44 katiem111

ladz wrote: »
    Just had interview it was awful!! Not really the questions so dont be worried if you've one coming up, it was aaaallll me!! 🙈.

Best of luck to all, they were lovely a really nice panel just 2 of them. They tried to ease my nerves bless them!

I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you thought. I had interview on the Monday got the results 2 days later so fingers crossed you won't have long to stew. Good luck!

Rikand wrote: »

I was told by PAS today it ends next May but not set in stone. Assume that means it could be extended but candidates will be informed prior to closure

If you are outside 45km travel zone, you can defer and remain on the panel at the same OOM. I'm in that boat, still trying to decide what to do. Otherwise, if you refuse, you are out for that county.

katiem111 wrote: »
    If you are outside 45km travel zone, you can defer and remain on the panel at the same OOM. I'm in that boat, still trying to decide what to do. Otherwise, if you refuse, you are out for that county.

So you will be told location?

So you will be told location?

Yes, you will be told. And the only way you can refuse and remain on the panel is if you are outside the 45km distance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Guffy

Offered AGS, will that be a min of 16 weeks before i start then with garda clearance.

Whats involved with that, that it takes so much longer than normal?

What's AGS like? Was really hoping for a diff dept, but tbh just happy to get the foot in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

Guffy wrote: »
    Offered AGS, will that be a min of 16 weeks before i start then with garda clearance.

Whats involved with that, that it takes so much longer than normal?

What's AGS like? Was really hoping for a diff dept, but tbh just happy to get the foot in.

Hi Guffy, what is AGS please?

Can you comment on the time difference from your day of interview to being offered a placement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭blindsider

AGS = An Garda Siochana

Advertisement