Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Katieee323

celticbest wrote: »
    Got my email yesterday, it had the following forms attached - all gone back now,
    • Garda Vetting - declaration.
    • Declaration Document
    • Scanned Documents
    • Reference

Also asked whether I was in receipt of a social welfare payment, which I wasn't, seems a bit strange.

Thanks for this. Did you receive a confirmation email when they received your documents

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GeorgeVictor

Does anyone from batch 15 in Dublin already have the email requesting follow up documentation and or department and start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Markandwage

Does anyone from batch 15 in Dublin already have the email requesting follow up documentation and or department and start date?

Hi,

I was OOM 16 in batch 14 and submitted my paperwork a week ago.

I haven't heard anything regarding what type of role I could be placed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Just a query for anyone due for a zoom interview did you get an email with a practice before interview? still haven't received it and have an interview this week, haven't heard anything back as I emailes them to wnquire? is the interview tough ? thanks��

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GeorgeVictor

abbeybella wrote: »
    Just a query for anyone due for a zoom interview did you get an email with a practice before interview? still haven't received it and have an interview this week, haven't heard anything back as I emailes them to wnquire? is the interview tough ? thanks��

Usually one day before your interview is your zoom trial. They will send by email / board (publicjobs)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Katieee323

Hi,

I was OOM 16 in batch 14 and submitted my paperwork a week ago.

I haven't heard anything regarding what type of role I could be placed in.

Hi mark did you receive a confirmation email after you submitted documents?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JacenSolo

Has anyone interviewed recently for Dublin? Seems like they're getting close to my OOM so I'm wondering how quickly they're getting through the list.

You dont have to say but what is your OOM? Any idea what they are up to on the OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 User1956

abbeybella wrote: »

In my case I received the notification on my portal for the zoom trial two days before the test but I’m sure it varies to the different time slots available (my trial was on a Friday and my interview was on the following Tuesday). I’m sure they will give you a time slot shortly, it only takes two minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 heffo1

Anyone have any idea of what OOM the panel is for Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

JacenSolo wrote: »
    You dont have to say but what is your OOM? Any idea what they are up to on the OOM?

I'm in the 1100's and heard someone here say they are around 1000 and have an interview soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Garzard

Good news, I've been reached on the Customs Officer panel, and have confirmed my interest in following it up. I'm now required to submit a declaration of health, a vetting form and at least two references by Thursday. I'm a bit mixed up on the latter part though - it says written references; do they mean simply confirmation of current / previous employment or more detailed character references, or just names? I can get them all, but my only concern is that written references from my previous employers might not be completed on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Tio07

Garzard wrote: »
    Good news, I've been reached on the Customs Officer panel, and have confirmed my interest in following it up. I'm now required to submit a declaration of health, a vetting form and at least two references by Thursday. I'm a bit mixed up on the latter part though - it says written references; do they mean simply confirmation of current / previous employment or more detailed character references, or just names? I can get them all, but my only concern is that written references from my previous employers might not be completed on time.

If you supply the names and contact details of your references, Public jobs contact them. No need to supply actual written character references.

Tio07 wrote: »
    If you supply the names and contact details of your references, Public jobs contact them. No need to supply actual written character references.

Thanks, you're absolutely certain of this? Because the email I received is from Revenue themselves, not Public Jobs. I could alternatively confirm with themselves, but just wanted to see what other people here had provided.

Thanks, you're absolutely certain of this? Because the email I received is from Revenue themselves, not Public Jobs. I could alternatively confirm with themselves, but just wanted to see what other people here had provided.

I'm down for customs too and I sent written references in but they weren't character references. It was just a letter from my employers confirming the dates I worked there and the role I worked in. I'd imagine you do need to supply written references but what I sent was fine, so that should be easy enough for you to get rather than asking them to write a character reference for you.

yupder wrote: »
    I'm down for customs too and I sent written references in but they weren't character references. It was just a letter from my employers confirming the dates I worked there and the role I worked in. I'd imagine you do need to supply written references but what I sent was fine, so that should be easy enough for you to get rather than asking them to write a character reference for you.

The email I got seems to imply that if you're not an existing Civil Servant, standard references are sufficient. Just to be certain I've emailed the individual from Revenue back to clarify what exactly they're looking for, because I have all the names of my referees and contact details to hand, with their permission, and ready to go, just not written ones from themselves per se.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

The email I got seems to imply that if you're not an existing Civil Servant, standard references are sufficient. Just to be certain I've emailed the individual from Revenue back to clarify what exactly they're looking for, because I have all the names of my referees and contact details to hand, with their permission, and ready to go, just not written ones from themselves per se.

Both my references were contacted with forms to fill in, despite the referral letters I'd sent in giving most of that information already so I'd say contact details is enough but best to confirm with Revenue.

Do you have an expected start date? I'm due to start training on the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dublin501

JacenSolo wrote: »

Hi..my OOM for Dublin is early 1000 and I have an interview this week...but unsure what number they are scheduling interviews at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dublin501

I see a lot of different responses to previous questions on this....but after the interview....if I pass....how soon after cam you expect to have a start date...or how soon after interview can you expect to have a position please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pizzzza

Dublin501 wrote: »
    I see a lot of different responses to previous questions on this....but after the interview....if I pass....how soon after cam you expect to have a start date...or how soon after interview can you expect to have a position please?

It seems to be varied from what I've heard, for me it was a week from interview to them looking for references and garda clearance. Then a week for garda clearance. I was offered social protection the next day, that'll be two weeks ago this Friday. Haven't heard from them yet about a start date. Hoping it won't be too much longer until I hear back.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

Is everyone in Dublin being offered DEASP recently? A friend of mine was offered DEASP and starts 23rd November and I had my interview last week and I'm in Batch 15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Dublin501 wrote: »

That will vary from region to region, I interviewed over a month ago, passed it but haven't heard a budgie since :(

Katieee323 wrote: »
    Hi mark did you receive a confirmation email after you submitted documents?

Hi Katie,

After I submitted the first few documents I got a reply asking for details of any social welfare payments received in 2020.

After submitting my social welfare payments 1 week ago I did not get a reply in acknowledgement.

My Garda Vetting was submitted last week and now has the status "in-progress" on the Garda vetting website.

Its all a waiting game now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Hi Katie,

After I submitted the first few documents I got a reply asking for details of any social welfare payments received in 2020.

After submitting my social welfare payments 1 week ago I did not get a reply in acknowledgement.

My Garda Vetting was submitted last week and now has the status "in-progress" on the Garda vetting website.

Its all a waiting game now...

I'm exactly the same, my vetting moved to in progress last night at 7:42 pm

celticbest wrote: »
    I'm exactly the same, my vetting moved to in progress last night at 7:42 pm

They came looking for my DEASP letter again today because they couldn't open the file last time I think. But it seems everything is in order and moving forward now....

We could be workmates before we know it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I presume the garda vetting needs to be printed out, completed and scanned back in ?

Or am I safe enough to just fill it in on the computer ?

Both my references were contacted with forms to fill in, despite the referral letters I'd sent in giving most of that information already so I'd say contact details is enough but best to confirm with Revenue.

Do you have an expected start date? I'm due to start training on the 16th.

Expecting to start in mid-December. Revenue HR confirmed it was written, headed paper type references from my current and previous employers. Just sent them in today. For some reason I'm always paranoid of these checks despite an excellent employment record, particularly with this one as I'm hugely excited about it. :o

Rikand wrote: »
    I presume the garda vetting needs to be printed out, completed and scanned back in ?

Or am I safe enough to just fill it in on the computer ?

I filled mine out on the computer and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

My boss just emailed me they got a request for a reference check for me,,,
    They are not happy. I’d better be offered something now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Penny_pocket

lass1 wrote: »
    My boss just emailed me they got a request for a reference check for me,,,
    They are not happy. I’d better be offered something now.

Had you not already let your boss know you’d given their details to PAS as a reference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

Hi Penny Pocket.

I only got the email yesterday asking for details I didn’t expect it to move so fast
    But ah well . at least they know now ��

Advertisement