Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Markandwage

celticbest wrote: »
    I'm exactly the same, my vetting moved to in progress last night at 7:42 pm

Garda Vetting completed this morning, and verification sent to PAS.

I thought Garda vetting took 4-6 weeks but this has been completed in 8 days. Very impressed with how quickly they are moving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I thought Garda vetting took 4-6 weeks but this has been completed in 8 days. Very impressed with how quickly they are moving!

Standard vetting takes days, the enhanced vetting for Garda Staff should take 4 - 6 weeks but is more like 4 - 6 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Penny_pocket

lass1 wrote: »
    Hi Penny Pocket.

I only got the email yesterday asking for details I didn’t expect it to move so fast
    But ah well . at least they know now ��

Wow that was quick, maybe a good sign though that they moved that quickly it could mean they have a position ready to assign to you straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Just a query for anyone that started a new position recently. Do you get to take lunch/tea breaks with your colleagues? just wondering how it is with social distancing in the workplace? thanks��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Mine went from 'In process' to 'Application scheduled for completion' to 'Application received' all at 21:43 on the 10.11.20, it is now back to 'In Progress' since 9:05 this morning, is this normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

celticbest wrote: »
    Mine went from 'In process' to 'Application scheduled for completion' to 'Application received' all at 21:43 on the 10.11.20, it is now back to 'In Progress' since 9:05 this morning, is this normal?

Yes. It seems funny but I had the same thing happen to me before. Its not gone back to 'In progress' a such, its just moved to the next phase of processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

If anyone is waiting on the Limerick/Clare Panels - to date Limerick OOM 19 and Clare OOM 2 - these numbers have been like this since August!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

loser2k12 wrote: »
    Is everyone in Dublin being offered DEASP recently? A friend of mine was offered DEASP and starts 23rd November and I had my interview last week and I'm in Batch 15.

I'm DEASP start 7th December I'm.dublin too ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Danny2020

I had my interview last Thursday and on Friday I received the result saying that I’ve been placed 53 on the order of merit for Co. Dublin and I’m in Batch 15.
    Does anyone have any idea if this will take long?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GeorgeVictor

Danny2020 wrote: »
    I had my interview last Thursday and on Friday I received the result saying that I’ve been placed 53 on the order of merit for Co. Dublin and I’m in Batch 15.
    Does anyone have any idea if this will take long?

I am asking myself the same question. I had my interview last Friday and I got the result later that day. But now I don’t know if people from batch 15 already start sending documents or heard anything about a position/ starting date.

• Advertisement

Did most people that did the zoom interview get result same day or a day later? bit worried now as I had it earlier this week and heard nothing back

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Penny_pocket

abbeybella wrote: »
    Did most people that did the zoom interview get result same day or a day later? bit worried now as I had it earlier this week and heard nothing back

I had mine Tues an still waiting. I’m nearly sure the person at the end said I’ll know by the end of next week. Maybe they interview the whole batch and then give results and we were only in the first few for this batch.. I’m hoping that’s what it is anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Triss_merigold

So I got an email today that I’ve been reached on clerical officer panel (customs), subject to the verification process but no documents or vetting link attached. They gave me time until Monday to accept or reject the offer and want me to start training on 30th November! I have 3 weeks notice period, I'm not vetted so I don't know what to do. it's such a short notice. What's happened if I won't pass their verification process? I don't want to stay jobless before Christmas in the middle of pandemic :F :D

Thanks, thats put my mind at rest😊it sounds right that it would usually be about a week later. I was just wondering because some mentioned same day or next day.Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,915 ✭✭✭shmeee

Just a query for anyone that started a new position recently. Do you get to take lunch/tea breaks with your colleagues? just wondering how it is with social distancing in the workplace? thanks��

What department you going into?

Haven't heard yet, Revenue or Social Welfare mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Haven't heard yet, Revenue or Social Welfare mentioned.

They will tell you its one or the other ....best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dublin501

L390 wrote: »
    I'm DEASP start 7th December I'm.dublin too ..

I just had zoom interview and the questions they were asking and examples they said all geared towards social welfare...I'm dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dublin501

Dublin501 wrote: »
    I just had zoom interview and the questions they were asking and examples they said all geared towards social welfare...I'm dublin

They said it can take 2 weeks to let you know if you passed the interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Cork is at 52 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 GeorgeVictor

Dublin501 wrote: »
    They said it can take 2 weeks to let you know if you passed the interview

PAS love send things Friday afternoon after 5pm. I got my results in the same week, on Friday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

yupder wrote: »
    I filled mine out on the computer and it was fine.

We printed it off and scanned it back in the end because of the signatures. But I'm sure it makes no difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭blindsider

Has anyone been offered a role in Cork? Anyone started? Which department?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaal1

Hey, does anyone know when this panel expires?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hm2020

Does anyone know what way the batch’s have been circulating so far? I am on batch 15 and not so sure where the positions stand at the moment ,anyone know ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Kaal1 wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone know when this panel expires?

Probably May next year i.e. One year after panel was formed

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Danny2020

hm2020 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what way the batch’s have been circulating so far? I am on batch 15 and not so sure where the positions stand at the moment ,anyone know ?

They have already commenced clearance of Batch 15 candidates and are up to OOM 19 at present.
    That was the answer I got today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

What OOM are the up to in Dublin at the moment, does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭blindsider

#1878 - it's always worth reading back a few pages.....................................

• Advertisement

So I got an email today that I’ve been reached on clerical officer panel (customs), subject to the verification process but no documents or vetting link attached. They gave me time until Monday to accept or reject the offer and want me to start training on 30th November! I have 3 weeks notice period, I'm not vetted so I don't know what to do. it's such a short notice. What's happened if I won't pass their verification process? I don't want to stay jobless before Christmas in the middle of pandemic :F :D

It took less than 2 weeks from the time I got the initial email you're talking about, until I passed the vetting. If you have no criminal record and you think your references are fine, you should have nothing to worry about.

Advertisement