Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭blindsider

LibreOffice might be the problem.

What format are the documents, MS Word?

If nothing else, you could sign up to a free Microsoft acct for 1 month

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/microsoft-365/try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,915 ✭✭✭shmeee

blindsider wrote: »
    LibreOffice might be the problem.

What format are the documents, MS Word?

If nothing else, you could sign up to a free Microsoft acct for 1 month

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/microsoft-365/try

You can use Microsoft Word for free online if you've a outlook, live or Hotmail email account.

Just log in and go to the top left and upload the documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I'm starting in dept. Of agriculture forestry division in Johnstown castle, Wexford at the start of next month. Does anyone know if I will be working from home or office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭finla

I'm starting in dept. Of agriculture forestry division in Johnstown castle, Wexford at the start of next month. Does anyone know if I will be working from home or office.

Hi, do you mind if I ask what oom were you.. thanks.

finla wrote: »
    Hi, do you mind if I ask what oom were you.. thanks.

Placed 39 in wexford after first stage and did interview and placed 1st in batch 6. Whatever that means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

You could be doing either. There are some people still working in the offices.
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DundalkFan86

They were on 1072 last week for ppl being called in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

Hi, just got asked to submit my vetting forms yesterday and I'm OOM 33 in Batch 15 hoping to get an offer fairly soon

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jd292190

There’s 40-45ish people left to be assigned in batch 15 judging from an answer I got for an email that I sent recently. (I’m Batch 16 and was curious to see if they’d reached that batch yet!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Eco22

I got email to telling me I'm considered for panel for AGS Kerry July. I was oom 2 in Kerry. Sent all docs for vetting was was told it would take 16 weeks. I'm still waiting and contacted them yesterday but they said they are still waiting on vetting to be complete. Anyone know if I pass vetting am I automatically placed in the position? I was hoping it would be sorted before Christmas 🀞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Eco22 wrote: »
    I got email to telling me I'm considered for panel for AGS Kerry July. I was oom 2 in Kerry. Sent all docs for vetting was was told it would take 16 weeks. I'm still waiting and contacted them yesterday but they said they are still waiting on vetting to be complete. Anyone know if I pass vetting am I automatically placed in the position? I was hoping it would be sorted before Christmas ��

Yep once vetted you'll be placed. It takes ages. AGS is a great place to work though and there are loads of opportunities internally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Danny2020

loser2k12 wrote: »
    Hi, just got asked to submit my vetting forms yesterday and I'm OOM 33 in Batch 15 hoping to get an offer fairly soon

Good news, let us know when you move on to the next step. I’m oom 53 in Batch 15.. haven’t hear since last Friday where they were working at oom 19 , I think they’re moving fast

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

Jd292190 wrote: »
    There’s 40-45ish people left to be assigned in batch 15 judging from an answer I got for an email that I sent recently. (I’m Batch 16 and was curious to see if they’d gotten to that batch yet!)

I am batch 16 too OOM 28, hopefully wont be waiting to much longer! Maybe just before or just after xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Eco22

Yep once vetted you'll be placed. It takes ages. AGS is a great place to work though and there are loads of opportunities internally.

Thanks. I'm 16 years in a job I no longer want to be in so really want to get this! Fingers crossed it won't be too long more

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jd292190

I am batch 16 too OOM 28, hopefully wont be waiting to much longer! Maybe just before or just after xmas!

That’s what I’m hoping - I’m not too far behind you in OOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 T1GARS.13

I'm in batch 16 oom 60,

Wondering what the chances of being called?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sineadglam

What departments are people being offered? I'm currently TCO in DSP who love a new Dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Markandwage

I'm Dublin Batch 14, OOM 16.

Just Got the Message that I have been placed in the department of Health. Start Date and Location not confirmed.

They seem to be filling these roles quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

I’m OOM 61, batch 15. Hopefully won’t be too long. How many numbers are there in a batch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

I'm Dublin Batch 14, OOM 16.

Just Got the Message that I have been placed in the department of Health. Start Date and Location not confirmed.

They seem to be filling these roles quickly.

Congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

I’m OOM 61, batch 15. Hopefully won’t be too long. How many numbers are there in a batch?

That's the magical question, nobody seems to know the answer too.

What does AGS stand for, is it an garda siochana?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

What does AGS stand for, is it an garda siochana?

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

celticbest wrote: »
    That's the magical question, nobody seems to know the answer too.

I’m guessing around 80-100.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Katieee323

Is it correct saying they contact your current employer for a reference before you are offered a position or do they offer position first ?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

Katieee323 wrote: »
    Is it correct saying they contact your current employer for a reference before you are offered a position or do they offer position first ?

I believe they contact your references before an offer is made. Someone above said their current employer was surprised when contacted as they hadn't yet disclosed they were looking for a new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GeorgeVictor

Katieee323 wrote: »

Yes, they do. But in my case, she notified me one day before getting in touch with my former employer.

I was contacted to give perrmission to contact my employer and was told it was the last step before I was offered the position. I explained this could be awkward but was told it was necessary. Once my employer gave the reference I got offered the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Best of luck to all who get the call. I decided not to take my offer

• Advertisement

Messi19 wrote: »
    Best of luck to all who get the call. I decided not to take my offer

What position where you offered if you dont mind me asking? Just wondering in what deps they are looking for staff

Advertisement