Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

Does anyone know what OOM on batch 15 they're up to now? Or when they might be on batch 16?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

You can join the waitlist but you have to do at least 2 years in your current location to be eligible for a move.

Hi

A friend got a position in Dept of Ag marine and food but the location is dublin port.
    Unfortunately they were happily googling away the address on Kildare Street but the location is Dublin blinking Port.

Do you know if you can be moved internally just to another location or are they stuck there now for two years please.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

ellejay wrote: »
    Hi

A friend got a position in Dept of Ag marine and food but the location is dublin port.
    Unfortunately they were happily googling away the address on Kildare Street but the location is Dublin blinking Port.

Do you know if you can be moved internally just to another location or are they stuck there now for two years please.

There is a mobility list operated by People Point to move within Dublin now as well. I think the People Point mobility list takes precedence over any other kind of transfer these days. I'd say the usual 2 year rule applies. There may be some flexibility on a case by case basis if there are extenuating circumstances but I think a reason of just not liking your location wouldn't be enough.

There is a mobility list operated by People Point to move within Dublin now as well. I think the People Point mobility list takes precedence over any other kind of transfer these days. I'd say the usual 2 year rule applies. There may be some flexibility on a case by case basis if there are extenuating circumstances but I think a reason of just not liking your location wouldn't be enough.

Thanks for that.
    They live and wicklow and don't drive so banking on public transport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hi

If they live more than 45km from the place of work, they can refuse it on that grounds and wait for something closer to home to pop up.

Or you could in the 2018 campaign at least

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what OOM on batch 15 they're up to now? Or when they might be on batch 16

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭doc22

Hi

Internal moves I'd say could be facilitated after probation(1year) but would the port release you is another matter after training you and having to find a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 St. Pat

Has anybody been called for Westmeath lately? I received an email regarding expressions of interest for customs in Athlone however I don't have a driving licence which is a requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭paintitwhite

With this being a 1 year panel, is there likely to be another competition next March?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

doc22 wrote: »
    Internal moves I'd say could be facilitated after probation(1year) but would the port release you is another matter after training you and having to find a replacement.

I would agree with you, most custom roles i think have a three year contract, i doubt they would release anyone for mobility / internal moves until their time is served.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

Hi, I have just checked my Garda vetting and it’s not moved since the 12th is this normal?
    TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

lass1 wrote: »
    Hi, I have just checked my Garda vetting and it’s not moved since the 12th is this normal?
    TIA

If you've been recruited for An Garda Siochana then it will take weeks (possibly months), otherwise generally it's quite quick. Lots of things can delay it though, if you've ever had a run in with AGS then they have to write to the Guard through channels and that can take some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

Anyone been called for interview in Dublin in the past while?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Anyone update on limerick/ tipp?

doc22 wrote: »

It wasn't specifically a customs/port role, it was from the CO panel.
    I know there were offers of expression of interest for customs / port roles but they didn't apply for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Beeabell

Dublin501 wrote: »
    Good news for you so, hopefully you should hear soon..i got a message to confirm I was still interested for Dublin and they give you less than 24 hours to reply. Then a couple of days later they send you an application form and tell you to send pic of Id and give you about 48 hours to hand them in so keep a close eye on the message board ��

Heya may i ask what way you sent your picture, Did you scan it or just upload a picture. Many Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

I've been offered a position but it's actually come around too quickly for me as I'm saving for a mortgage as leaving my current role would mean i'm dropping nearly 20k a year.

Does anyone know if you turn down an offer will it have any effect on further campaigns?

I've been offered a position but it's actually come around too quickly for me as I'm saving for a mortgage as leaving my current role would mean i'm dropping nearly 20k a year.

Does anyone know if you turn down an offer will it have any effect on further campaigns?

As far as I know it doesnt effect future campaigns but if you turn down this position and want to reapply in future you will have to go through the whole process again. Do you mind if I ask what was your OOM and where you batch 15 or 16? Just trying to find out where they are in the hiring process.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Turning down won’t impact future campaigns. Future campaigns may be limited given the public finances at the moment. The last moritorium lasted a number of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

As far as I know it doesnt effect future campaigns but if you turn down this position and want to reapply in future you will have to go through the whole process again. Do you mind if I ask what was your OOM and where you batch 15 or 16? Just trying to find out where they are in the hiring process.

I was in batch 12, I was offered AGS so my vetting took longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Beeabell wrote: »
    Heya may i ask what way you sent your picture, Did you scan it or just upload a picture. Many Thanks[/QUOTE
    I just took a photo on my phone can be your passport etc and emailed it to them. Good luck😊

Just recieved an email to say they're still working from batch 15 and have 50 candidates to contact before they reach my OOM (batch 16 oom 28)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

Just recieved an email to say they're still working from batch 15 and have 50 candidates to contact before they reach my OOM (batch 16 oom 28)

Interesting. I’m OOM 61 batch 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

I know it's probably been asked several times (apologies) but what's the quickest way to get proof of your social welfare payment? I've just been asked to get this.

I'm OOM 33 in Batch 15 btw, to give people an idea of what stage they're at in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

loser2k12 wrote: »
    I know it's probably been asked several times (apologies) but what's the quickest way to get proof of your social welfare payment? I've just been asked to get this.

I'm OOM 33 in Batch 15 btw, to give people an idea of what stage they're at in Dublin.

If you go into the MyWelfare website you can get a cert to print out

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GeorgeVictor

loser2k12 wrote: »

If you have an account on MyWelfare.ie, there is a section call my payment history, after you get into that page, go to the bottom of the page, where you will find request a payment statement. You should be able to have it immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Eco22

Anyone have issues tracking garda vetting, I keep getting a security error when I enter details?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Katieee323

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a start date after you’ve been offered a position ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Aine1981

I was given a start date very quickly after I discussed my notice period with the HR unit in the Department. Took less than a week and the following week I had the contract to review before I handed in my notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Katieee323 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it takes to get a start date after you’ve been offered a position ?

I got a call yesterday & was told they'll contact me the 1st week of January with my start date.

Advertisement