Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 EamonS84

Has anyone heard anything about Limerick or Tipperary? Revenue that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SUMMERBAY

Anybody have any update for Cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

SUMMERBAY wrote: »
    Anybody have any update for Cork?

Up to 60 oom. Getting through about 8 a week

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

Don't know about Revenue but Limerick 19 and hasn't moved since August

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Westmeath hiring people from batch 5 now. That's approximately people who placed in the early to mid 40's (?) from after the tests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Don't know about Revenue but Limerick 19 and hasn't moved since August
    Limerick very slow & wonder will it pick up any bit before this panel closes im in late 90’s for limerick & late 70’s for tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭tritriagain

i have just been informed that the dress code for my new position is informal as it is not a public office. i am starting next week and was just wondering would chinos, shirt, jumper and comfy shoes be acceptable under the informal description

• Registered Users Posts: 42 EamonS84

tiny14 wrote: »
    Limerick very slow & wonder will it pick up any bit before this panel closes im in late 90’s for limerick & late 70’s for tipp

I would have thought that with brexit just weeks away that an office based customs unit would be either added to or created. It seems that I'm very wrong so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tibbles555

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone has received the expression of interest email for Clerical Officer Customs Officer Portarlington / Athlone? I was OOM 84 for Laois and 121 for Kildare (Catagory A / top third / my score was 6161) and I received an email Monday . Anyone know if I will get called for an interview and if so how long would I expect to wait? thanks in advance I have no idea how this all works!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

celticbest wrote: »
    I got a call yesterday & was told they'll contact me the 1st week of January with my start date.

What is your OOM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭blindsider

i have just been informed that the dress code for my new position is informal as it is not a public office. i am starting next week and was just wondering would chinos, shirt, jumper and comfy shoes be acceptable under the informal description

That will be absolutely fine, I'm sure.

BOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jd292190

I’m currently a TCO in an office with informal dress and most people wear jeans/ jumpers/ runners so that sounds grand! Some wear smarter clothes but that’s by choice, it’s more laid back than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Jd292190 wrote: »
    I’m currently a TCO in an office with informal dress and most people wear jeans/ jumpers/ runners so that sounds grand! Some wear smarter clothes but that’s by choice, it’s more laid back than expected.

Thanks for that. Just wondering what sort of training is provided or are you left to find your own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Any idea what OOM they are up to in Dublin.I'm in Batch 16 early 90s? is it likely to be after Christmas ?

any idea what OOM has been reached in Dublin? I'm in Batch 16 early 90s? is it likely to be after Christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Thanks for that. Just wondering what sort of training is provided or are you left to find your own way.

Some of the Civil Service has excellent formal training, but there are a lot of places where you really do need to use your own initiative - my advice is ask lots of questions and take any 'informal' training you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

abbeybella wrote: »
    any idea what OOM has been reached in Dublin? I'm in Batch 16 early 90s? is it likely to be after Christmas?

I'm batch 16 OOM 28, 2 days ago I got an email to tell me there was still 50 people ahead of me.. it seems like they're getting through around 20/25 people a week so I reckon we will both be after xmas. Was hoping for before!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭doc22

Some of the Civil Service has excellent formal training, but there are a lot of places where you really do need to use your own initiative - my advice is ask lots of questions and take any 'informal' training you can get.

in most places you just learn from the person beside you. I don't know how this will work during covid:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

doc22 wrote: »
    in most places you just learn from the person beside you. I don't know how this will work during covid:pac:

The person diagonally opposite approx 2m away!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

tiny14 wrote: »

Yes, I was wondering this myself. The way Limerick is going will the panel finish up before next call ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

I'm batch 16 OOM 28, 2 days ago I got an email to tell me there was still 50 people ahead of me.. it seems like they're getting through around 20/25 people a week so I reckon we will both be after xmas. Was hoping for before!

I’m OOM 61 Batch 15 and received an email yesterday saying I’m being considered for a position and to send on all necessary documents

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Beeabell

tibbles555 wrote: »
    Hi All, Just wondering if anyone has received the expression of interest email for Clerical Officer Customs Officer Portarlington / Athlone? I was OOM 84 for Laois and 121 for Kildare (Catagory A / top third / my score was 6161) and I received an email Monday . Anyone know if I will get called for an interview and if so how long would I expect to wait? thanks in advance I have no idea how this all works!

Hi a friend of mine is 35 for laois and got the call for Portarlington. Interview next week. Fingers crossed you hear shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

Hi guys. Just wondering something about references. When they ask you to give them reference details do they need a written reference prepared or do they ring the person themselves?
    I'm also a bit weary of my references tbh as I've been out of work for a while, and the only employment references I have are crap part time jobs I've done over the past few years while at college and I'm afraid they that probably don't remember me lol. Would I be able to put down one employer and one lecturer from college as a character reference or is it strictly employment based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

One of each should be fine. They will likely look for one reference from someone in the last 12 months ( so a lecturer should be grand for that if you're just out of college ) - If you had a job where you did any kind of clerical work, they may ask for a reference from that job. As long as you contact your referees before the civil service does, you should be fine.

And they will ring them up as a preference btw. A written reference could come from anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

Rikand wrote: »
    One of each should be fine. They will likely look for one reference from someone in the last 12 months ( so a lecturer should be grand for that if you're just out of college ) - If you had a job where you did any kind of clerical work, they may ask for a reference from that job. As long as you contact your referees before the civil service does, you should be fine.

And they will ring them up as a preference btw. A written reference could come from anywhere

Thank you. That's good to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,915 ✭✭✭shmeee

EamonS84 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about Limerick or Tipperary? Revenue that is.

I think Tipp is even lower than Limerick. I know someone around the 10s who only got offered a job a few weeks back.

The wait is slow also to start due to social distancing in the offices for training purposes.

Majority of Revenue staff are working from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tibbles555

Beeabell wrote: »
    Hi a friend of mine is 35 for laois and got the call for Portarlington. Interview next week. Fingers crossed you hear shortly
    Thanks for that I sent in the expression of interest Monday haven’t heard anything yet hopefully it won’t be too long, I think it said “for positions starting in December “ which makes me hope it will move quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jd292190

My training was quite basic, a lot of links to e-learning modules and long winded “how to” guides. Other than that we were left to figure it out ourselves and told to ask questions if unsure. I’m TCO in DSP btw doing a very specific role so I don’t know know what it’s like elsewhere! Best of luck with it 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

EamonS84 wrote: »
    I would have thought that with brexit just weeks away that an office based customs unit would be either added to or created. It seems that I'm very wrong so far.

It's the 5th or 6th floor in Sarsfield House. Was set up last year. All the staff were pulled from Shannon and Nenagh customs bases and revenue in River House, there ( & possibly Ennis too) .

• Advertisement

Any idea how many candidates are in each batch?.trying to gauge roughly when I might hear from them. It would be greatcto have something before Christmas��

Advertisement