Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

abbeybella wrote: »
    Any idea how many candidates are in each batch?.trying to gauge roughly when I might hear from them. It would be greatcto have something before Christmas��

In Dublin it appears to be any number from 50 to 100
    In other counties it seems to be less then 20 and in most cases around 10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Starting in the morning. getting nervous now. will be a big change from retail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

You'll wonder why you didn't move years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

Best of Luck!!
    You'll be great, don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

Good luck! What department did you get?
    Also what batch/ OOM are you?

• Advertisement

Good luck! What department did you get?
    Also what batch/ OOM are you?

Forestry division in wexford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Congratulations. In a year when many counties saw very little movement due to covid, it's good to known some made it. Heres hoping next year will bring good news for many others as things get back to some level of normality. Best of luck, I'm sure you'll get on fine

Congratulations. In a year when many counties saw very little movement due to covid, it's good to known some made it. Heres hoping next year will bring good news for many others as things get back to some level of normality. Best of luck, I'm sure you'll get on fine

Thank you. Excited about it really. If I had a preference for any position this was it. So hopefully now I'll settle in quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

Congrats :) will you be working from home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Hi all! I just started as a clerical officer, just wondering if we get Christmas bonuses? I couldn't see anything online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭doc22

rawn wrote: »
    Hi all! I just started as a clerical officer, just wondering if we get Christmas bonuses? I couldn't see anything online

:pac: No, you might get an extra days leave depending on office

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rebecca4410

Hi I’m OOM 60 batch 15 for Dublin and I’m submitting my declaration forms, when do I find out what position I will be starting in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

What is your OOM?

Dublin Batch 14 OOM 28.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

You won't even get a Christmas party nevermind a bonus. Public money doesn't cover anything like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,915 ✭✭✭shmeee

If your lucky you might get a few hours added to your clock by your supervisor.

Can't be spending the taxpayers money on bonuses for the staff......

doc22 wrote: »
    :pac: No, you might get an extra days leave depending on office

Shhhhhhh...

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭doc22

Shhhhhhh...

Well Xmas eve you basically clock in for a few hours and clock out in most places, but you still have to show up.

doc22 wrote: »
    Well Xmas eve you basically clock in for a few hours and clock out in most places, but you still have to show up.

Yes absolutely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Guffy

How does using your AL work at Christmas? I generally save a week AL for Christmas and take the week off, any chance I'd still be able to do this next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Anyone one know when the next campaign might start ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Daz_ wrote: »
    Anyone one know when the next campaign might start ?

Normally the CO panel would be two years, however CO 2020 was set at one year.

The next campaign is expected to be in March-May 2021.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

shmeee wrote: »
    If your lucky you might get a few hours added to your clock by your supervisor.

Can't be spending the taxpayers money on bonuses for the staff......

Thanks, I figured as much but well, one can hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Trampus

Hi, does anyone have a copy of the candidate booklet? I thought I had it downloaded but no! I'm sure it's in the body of this discussion somewhere but I haven't the energy to trawl through all these pages lol

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Trampus wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone have a copy of the candidate booklet? I thought I had it downloaded but no! I'm sure it's in the body of this discussion somewhere but I haven't the energy to trawl through all these pages lol

If your on a computer, you can search the thread from the top of the thread.

I have attached the Information Booklet tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Trampus

Thank you so so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nonya

Hey, I was hoping someone here would be able to clarify/offer some friendly advice. I've been applying for CO and EO civil service jobs for the last few years and finally got placed high enough on the CO panel to hopefully get called for interview. Yesterday I received a message on publicjobs message board for expression of interest. This is my dream job, of course I replied. Today I received an email from the recruiter stating that "At the moment we have sufficient numbers interested at present and you will not be invited to interview for this post on this occasion. We will be in touch when more vacancies arise". I was wondering is this common practice? After years of waiting I was so happy to finally get an interview and today I am devastated. I don't even know how to respond. The message board said that by expressing interest I would be removed from all other panels, is this still the case? And is it common practice to get a candidate's hope up, then shatter their dreams in one small email? Why not email the first 10 on the list and if they're not interested move onto the next batch? I'm very confused, let down, and to be honest upset. Any advice on how to reply to this email without damaging my chances of interviewing in the future or any other advice would be very much appreciated. Also, has this happened to anyone else and how did you deal with it?

Usually when you express an interest you remain on the standard panel. Usually the job you're expressing an interest in is an odd one with shift work or something like that. By expressing an interest they will take the highest OOM that expresses said interest so it's manifestly unfair to remove the 'also rans' from the standard panel. I'd query it with PAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lightswitchmad

Anyone have an update on OOM for Co. Sligo? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tibbles555

tibbles555 wrote: »
    Thanks for that I sent in the expression of interest Monday haven’t heard anything yet hopefully it won’t be too long, I think it said “for positions starting in December “ which makes me hope it will move quickly

Just received this email :
    Thank you for expressing an interest in the Clerical Officer/Customs Officer role for Co. Laois.

At the moment we have sufficient numbers interested at present and you will not be invited to interview for this post on this occasion. In the event that further vacancies arise, we will be in touch.

Your application has been re-activated in the general Clerical Officer competition and we will contact you should we reach your place on the order of merit of your chosen location(s).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

Hey does anyone have any idea where PAS is with regards to interview numbers?

Advertisement