Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Cork is currently at 64oom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Nonya wrote: »
    Hey, I was hoping someone here would be able to clarify/offer some friendly advice. I've been applying for CO and EO civil service jobs for the last few years and finally got placed high enough on the CO panel to hopefully get called for interview. Yesterday I received a message on publicjobs message board for expression of interest. This is my dream job, of course I replied. Today I received an email from the recruiter stating that "At the moment we have sufficient numbers interested at present and you will not be invited to interview for this post on this occasion. We will be in touch when more vacancies arise". I was wondering is this common practice? After years of waiting I was so happy to finally get an interview and today I am devastated. I don't even know how to respond. The message board said that by expressing interest I would be removed from all other panels, is this still the case? And is it common practice to get a candidate's hope up, then shatter their dreams in one small email? Why not email the first 10 on the list and if they're not interested move onto the next batch? I'm very confused, let down, and to be honest upset. Any advice on how to reply to this email without damaging my chances of interviewing in the future or any other advice would be very much appreciated. Also, has this happened to anyone else and how did you deal with it?

My wife got the exact same email. I think they're just checking that you are still interested. A week later after receiving that email, they actually invited her to interview after that. She's starting as a CO next week.

Nothing to worry about imo. You're likely in the next batch of candidates to be interviewed and I'd be surprised if somebody wasnt in touch in the next couple of weeks if my wifes experience is anything to go by. We reckoned they suddenly had a high volume of places crop up and they were checking for interested parties to fill those places ahead of time

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Trampus

Hi, just to let you all know, the HSE is currently running a nationwide drive for clerical officers if anyone is interested. Details in the HSE website. Sorry, can't seem to post the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Abacus234

Anyone know where they are at in Dublin? I know they were recently on batch 15 oom 61. I'm in the late 60's and hoping to hear soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Trampus wrote: »
    Hi, just to let you all know, the HSE is currently running a nationwide drive for clerical officers if anyone is interested. Details in the HSE website. Sorry, can't seem to post the link.

As above:

NSS09536 - Clerical Officer, Grade III
    https://www.hse.ie/eng/staff/jobs/job-search/management-admin-ict/nss09536.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

Abacus234 wrote: »
    Anyone know where they are at in Dublin? I know they were recently on batch 15 oom 61. I'm in the late 60's and hoping to hear soon.

That’s me, batch 15 OOM 61. Just sent in all my docs and references, waiting to hear what department I’m getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

apologies I see link already posted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭finla

As far as I can make out, this is for Dublin, Cork, Galway and Limerick only...says nationwide but it has those counties listed in the info booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 navan21

Meath is at OOM 42.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

finla wrote: »
    As far as I can make out, this is for Dublin, Cork, Galway and Limerick only...says nationwide but it has those counties listed in the info booklet.

I had a read of it too, it does indeed seem to be specific to those locations.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

Sorry I meant to say Dublin in my post above. Last I heard was they had interviewed upto 1170 has anyone passed this number been called for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

Sorry I meant to say Dublin in my post above. Last I heard was they had interviewed upto 1170 has anyone passed this number been called for interview?

I'm early 1180s in Dublin and haven't been called to interview yet. I'm glad it's getting close though.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

navan21 wrote: »
    Meath is at OOM 42.

Unfortunately, it’s been at 42 for 3 weeks now. I’m 54 and impatiently waiting to hear from them

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hunkydorey

Hi, I applied for Civil Service Clerical Officer 2020 for Limerick and Clare, has anyone heard anything from either of these areas? Thanks

Clare OOM 2 and Limerick OOM 19 and has been like that since August , it hasn't moved whatsoever

Thank you 😁 Do you know when that panel is open until?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

Hunkydorey wrote: »
    Thank you 😁 Do you know when that panel is open until?
    End of May but it may be reviewed

End of May but it may be reviewed

That's great thank you, hopefully there is movement in the new year

Hunkydorey wrote: »
    That's great thank you, hopefully there is movement in the new year
    I really hope so. Can't believe how slow Limerick has been. I know everything has slowed down since COVID but other counties are slowly moving . Well let's hope we both hear something in the New Year .

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭claregal1

I really hope so. Can't believe how slow Limerick has been. I know everything has slowed down since COVID but other counties are slowly moving . Well let's hope we both hear something in the New Year .

Hi - have you any idea how many have been placed for Limerick ? Lat time I emailed PAS , think it was at 19 , has it moved since September ?

Nope, it hasn't moved one bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭claregal1

Nope, it hasn't moved one bit

Ahhhh okay, thanks for the update

claregal1 wrote: »
    Ahhhh okay, thanks for the update
    No worries , hopefully movement in the New Year

Hopefully, fingers crossed for both of us

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alburke1

Batch 15 oom 44 job offered yestetday

alburke1 wrote: »
    Batch 15 oom 44 job offered yestetday

Congrats. What department did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alburke1

Congrats. What department did you get?

DETA not me the wife but cheers

alburke1 wrote: »
    DETA not me the wife but cheers

Sorry, what’s DETA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭tritriagain

started on monday in DAFM and its going fine so far. im not getting much info regarding payroll / annual leave though. does anyone know who to contact regarding these or what software is used. ive seen people point mentioned but dont know what it is used for.
    Also is there any way i could get advise regarding pension contributions. Im 47 and have a private pension i have stopped paying into it. could i transfer this to my public pension and would it be worthwhile . is there anyone i can contact regarding pension questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

started on monday in DAFM and its going fine so far. im not getting much info regarding payroll / annual leave though. does anyone know who to contact regarding these or what software is used. ive seen people point mentioned but dont know what it is used for.
    Also is there any way i could get advise regarding pension contributions. Im 47 and have a private pension i have stopped paying into it. could i transfer this to my public pension and would it be worthwhile . is there anyone i can contact regarding pension questions.

I'm in same position. I am still paying into my private pension, so I get higher tax credit and pay less tax. You cant transfer private pension to public service. You will pay into the single public service pension scheme, about €22 a fortnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Vologda69 wrote: »
    I'm in same position. I am still paying into my private pension, so I get higher tax credit and pay less tax. You cant transfer private pension to public service. You will pay into the single public service pension scheme, about €22 a fortnight.

I thought you could top up by buying extra credits. Don't know where I read that though, probably wrong
    Also do you know anything about annual leave software etc

Advertisement