Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Aine1981

hey there. Your line manager and more so HR unit should help on payroll and people point questions to start with. They will have to get you set up on the system etc.
    I moved from the private sector in July and had a private pension for 15 years with my old job. I asked the pension advisor for advice and they gave me three possible options. Do nothing and leave it in the company fund. Transfer to a personal retirement bond. Transfer it to the civil service. I chose the bond as that option suited me better after loads of paperwork. I would say ask the provider or an independent financial advisor and they will guide you..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alburke1

Sorry, what’s DETA?

Dept enterprise trade & employment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

There is a way to buy extra pension credits but they won't advise you on it as its financial advice. Maybe ask on the banking and pensions forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nl2803

To date we have called up to OOM 71 for Co. Sligo and OOM 31 for Co. Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

started on monday in DAFM and its going fine so far. im not getting much info regarding payroll / annual leave though. does anyone know who to contact regarding these or what software is used. ive seen people point mentioned but dont know what it is used for.
    Also is there any way i could get advise regarding pension contributions. Im 47 and have a private pension i have stopped paying into it. could i transfer this to my public pension and would it be worthwhile . is there anyone i can contact regarding pension questions.

As previously stated your Line Manager should point you in the right direction and advise you of leave entitlements up to April when the new leave year for DAFM starts. You will be invited to an Induction course, probably in the New Year sometime and a lot of the above is covered there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

Cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

nl2803 wrote: »
    Mayo hasn't budged in quite a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DarkJ

nl2803 wrote: »

Thanks. Just over half way to get to my OOM (130-140) for Sligo. Looks like I might not make it before the panel ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

How long after Garda Vetting is complete is an offer usually made?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Calathea

I was interviewed for Galway mid-October, and was placed No 2 Batch 8. I have heard nothing since. Does anyone know where things currently stand with the Galway Panel? Thanks ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Guffy

Calathea wrote: »
    I was interviewed for Galway mid-October, and was placed No 2 Batch 8. I have heard nothing since. Does anyone know where things currently stand with the Galway Panel? Thanks ��

I've just finished special Garda clearance for batch 6 if that helps.

Guffy wrote: »
    I've just finished special Garda clearance for batch 6 if that helps.

You've been placed with AGS? A lot going on with Garda Staff at the moment - it's a good time to be joining IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

What’s the likelihood of being able to work from home?

You've been placed with AGS? A lot going on with Garda Staff at the moment - it's a good time to be joining IMHO.

Ya vetting was meant to take 16 weeks but came back in 8. Have to give a reference of my current employer now before Christmas with no concrete start date which is frustrating, but sure happy to get the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rose1010101

Just wondering if anyone could let me know how much notice they got for their start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 navan21

Tiafleur wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it’s been at 42 for 3 weeks now. I’m 54 and impatiently waiting to hear from them

Oh god. I havent a hope so...In the 400's here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Eco22

Just wondering if anyone could let me know how much notice they got for their start date?

Adverts | Friends
    I just got request for reference yesterday, which was submitted this morning. Got a call this afternoon with a start date of 11th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Eco22

loser2k12 wrote: »
    How long after Garda Vetting is complete is an offer usually made?
    Mine was within 2 days. Maybe depends on department. My garda vetting was for AGS and took almost 20 weeks though

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

Anyone know where Dublin is at?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Starting tomorrow nerves are kicking in ....social protection....any tips

• Advertisement

L390 wrote: »

Write things down :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

L390 wrote: »

Get yourself a nice notebook. Preferably with an index. And write summaries of how to do basic things in it. I don't know how things are working now, but pre-Covid training was good and intensive. You will be given printed out notes. Keep them. I brought in a Lever Arch file and got poly pockets in work. You will have more and more notes added as you train.

If you are doing on the job training, write everything down. Then type it up and put it in your folder. Sometimes you will be given notes. Add your own comments to them and if necessary type them up again.

Keep on asking questions, if you are unsure. If you are struggling a bit, find a friendly face and ask them for help. For the most part, people are willing to help. And teaching styles and learning styles don't always match. If you can, find someone whose teaching style matches your learning style.

Best of luck with it. I hope everything works out really well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Bicyclette wrote: »
    Get yourself a nice notebook. Preferably with an index. And write summaries of how to do basic things in it. I don't know how things are working now, but pre-Covid training was good and intensive. You will be given printed out notes. Keep them. I brought in a Lever Arch file and got poly pockets in work. You will have more and more notes added as you train.

If you are doing on the job training, write everything down. Then type it up and put it in your folder. Sometimes you will be given notes. Add your own comments to them and if necessary type them up again.

Keep on asking questions, if you are unsure. If you are struggling a bit, find a friendly face and ask them for help. For the most part, people are willing to help. And teaching styles and learning styles don't always match. If you can, find someone whose teaching style matches your learning style.

Best of luck with it. I hope everything works out really well for you.

Wow !!!! Thank you for all that..much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

Anyone know where Dublin is at?

Hi
    I am batch 15 oom 9 and just been offered a position but no start date yet waiting on a call from HR
    If this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

navan21 wrote: »
    Oh god. I havent a hope so...In the 400's here.

It was moving quite well up until last month when it just seemed to stall. I’m hoping it picks up in the mew year

• Registered Users Posts: 35 navan21

Tiafleur wrote: »
    It was moving quite well up until last month when it just seemed to stall. I’m hoping it picks up in the mew year

I really really hope so.

Just sent off my Garda vetting from today - does it really take around 16 weeks to get clearance?

Just sent off my Garda vetting from today - does it really take around 16 weeks to get clearance?

For AGS it can, but for pretty much every other department it's a matter of days.

For AGS it can, but for pretty much every other department it's a matter of days.

Thanks. Not sure which department I’ve been assigned to yet so will have to wait and see.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Not sure which department I’ve been assigned to yet so will have to wait and see.

If it was AGS you would have been given 2 vetting forms to complete. If thats not the case, mine came back in a week or so for the main vetting form.

Advertisement