Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rose1010101

Guffy wrote: »
    If it was AGS you would have been given 2 vetting forms to complete. If thats not the case, mine came back in a week or so for the main vetting form.

Yeah I was told I was being considered for AGS when they sent the vetting documents

• Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

Guffy wrote: »
    If it was AGS you would have been given 2 vetting forms to complete. If thats not the case, mine came back in a week or so for the main vetting form.

Thank you for the info. Was only sent 1 link and filled out the 1 form to be sent off, so I imagine it’s not AGS.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

Anyone starting customs training Monday 14th?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭thehookster

mmerton365 wrote: »
    Anyone starting customs training Monday 14th?

Hi, how long after your interview result did it take for revenue to contact you?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

Hi, how long after your interview result did it take for revenue to contact you?

It was about 2/3 weeks off the top of my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Abacus234

Anyone know what the typical CO tasks are in revenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭thehookster

mmerton365 wrote: »
    It was about 2/3 weeks off the top of my head.

Thanks a million. A friend got result for interview yesterday for customs athlone and was wondering of rough timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

Abacus234 wrote: »

It depends on which area you are assigned to. I was assigned to PAYE when I entered the CS 5 years ago. Initially 3 months training and then assigned to the district. In PAYE the day is split between answering the phones and processing claims. Personally I loved it, every day was different. It’s a great place to work and all the training is given so there should be no surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ire20!

Hi, does anybody know how to get a police clearance certificate from the USA? I need to send one as part of my clearance as I lived there within the last 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,915 ✭✭✭shmeee

Abacus234 wrote: »

Impossible to say really unless you know what section you are going into. Very broad.

Training will be provided in a class room based setting (depends on numbers starting etc so may be 1-1 and information / PowerPoints to read yourself)

With Covid, the majority are working from home since March so not sure what way it works now with Social Distancing and delivering training etc. Some training has halted since due to it for new staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Jassgal

Hi does anyone know what oom there at for Dublin? My friend is around 1500s but hasn't heard anything yet regarding an interview

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

Jassgal wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know what oom there at for Dublin? My friend is around 1500s but hasn't heard anything yet regarding an interview

I was in the 800's and had my interview november 11th, not sure where they're at now

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

I was in the 800's and had my interview november 11th, not sure where they're at now

I'm 1180s and haven't had mine yet so I assume they're somewhere in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The Notorious B.I.G.

Sorry if this has been asked before but do you have to take the first role you are offered? My gf is on the panel in Co. Cork and given the size of the county she's just a bit worried about being offered something that's too far of a commute and losing her place then because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

I've completed my Garda vetting but also had to submit a second Additional Security Clearance Form as I'm told I'm to be assigned to the DoJ, does this mean it'll take much longer as I could be up for AGS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭blindsider

Sorry if this has been asked before but do you have to take the first role you are offered? My gf is on the panel in Co. Cork and given the size of the county she's just a bit worried about being offered something that's too far of a commute and losing her place then because of it.

There's a 'reasonable distance' clause somewhere. Shouldn't be asked to go anywhere too far away...40Km?

They sent emails earlier this year re positions in Bantry - a friend in E Cork received this and was told that there would be no penalty.

I would guess that the majority (but not all) Cork positions would be in the city - 70%..?

Having said that, if your gf is in Charleville or Ballydesmond, then options would be limited.....

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Most of the civil service in Cork is based in the city. Some of the bigger towns might have a small court office or small DEASP office. There would only be a handful of staff in these types of offices. Clonakilty is the only place outside the city that I can think of that would have a decent size office (Department of Agriculture).

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jd292190

Just a quick update for Dublin, they have started contacting people in batch 16. They are still within the first 20 people in this batch and the rest will likely be contacted early in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

Jd292190 wrote: »
    Just a quick update for Dublin, they have started contacting people in batch 16. They are still within the first 20 people in this batch and the rest will likely be contacted early in the new year.

Amazing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

It’s so frustrating to see how far PAS are getting on the Dublin panel and most other counties are moving at a snails pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DarkJ

It’s so frustrating to see how far PAS are getting on the Dublin panel and most other counties are moving at a snails pace.

Yup! Im in the 30's for one county and 130's for the other. No word on either :(

I think about half the civil service is in Dublin and the other half is scattered around the other 25 counties. The reality is there are not a whole lot of jobs going in most counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SC2020TT

I've been told I will be assigned to department of justice, does anyone know does the vetting take longer than usual?
    Also does anyone have any experience with starting while pregnant?

SC2020TT wrote: »
    I've been told I will be assigned to department of justice, does
    anyone know does the vetting take longer than usual?

Just tell the HR section of your department when you're starting, they'll work something out with you. It won't matter that you're pregnant. The government can't take the private sector to task over issues relating to pregnancy if they're discriminating against pregnant women themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭blindsider

SC2020TT wrote: »
    I've been told I will be assigned to department of justice, does anyone know does the vetting take longer than usual?

Up to 16 weeks apparently.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Grannie93

Sorry if I missed this or misunderstood something in the PAS communications. Can anyone shed light on the batch number? My oom is in the 1100s but I don't have a batch number and see it being mentioned a lot here.
    Thanks in advance! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jd292190

Grannie93 wrote: »
    Sorry if I missed this or misunderstood something in the PAS communications. Can anyone shed light on the batch number? My oom is in the 1100s but I don't have a batch number and see it being mentioned a lot here.
    Thanks in advance! 😊

You get a batch number and a new order of merit within your given batch once you have successfully completed your interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DundalkFan86

Hey what number are they on in Dublin thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GeorgeVictor

blindsider wrote: »
    Up to 16 weeks apparently.......

Pas told me it wouldn’t increase extra time;

“The department conduct Security Clearance independent to our own Garda vetting but this will not add any extra time to clearance for you.”

It’s very confusing to be honest 3 weeks later and I haven’t heard a word from HR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 SC2020TT

Pas told me it wouldn’t increase extra time;

“The department conduct Security Clearance independent to our own Garda vetting but this will not add any extra time to clearance for you.”

It’s very confusing to be honest 3 weeks later and I haven’t heard a word from HR.

3 weeks no way I've only replied this week presumed nothing would happen before Christmas

Advertisement