Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SC2020TT

Just tell the HR section of your department when you're starting, they'll work something out with you. It won't matter that you're pregnant. The government can't take the private sector to task over issues relating to pregnancy if they're discriminating against pregnant women themselves.
    Hopefully I applied for this well before I was pregnant now I'm 26 weeks the process is taking so long baby will be here at this rate worried I will lose this opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GeorgeVictor

SC2020TT wrote: »
    3 weeks no way I've only replied this week presumed nothing would happen before Christmas

Yeah, I knew I wouldn’t start in December, but I was hoping to know my start date before Christmas, but it seems unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sineadglam

Hey what number are they on in Dublin thanks!

Batch 16 oom in 20's according to a post yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Aine1981

I would think you have to be treated the same as a person who is not pregnant otherwise it could be discrimination. I would think this must happen a lot given that some panels stay open up to 2 years for some roles.. Peoples circumstances change and PAS and Depts. would know this. Best of luck with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

Really hoping to be interviewed before Christmas (Dublin OOM 1180s) but not sure how likely that is. Has anyone been interviewed in the past week or so? Wondering if things have stopped until after Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

George victor

I am the same was told I have a position 2 weeks ago and still waiting on a call from HR

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DundalkFan86

sineadglam wrote: »
    Hey wat number would that Still in the 1000s

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

Just emailed to find out where Dublin stands on the hiring process should hear within a couple of days, I am batch 16 oom 28 and havent heard anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Abacus234

I've been offered the Revenue Solicitors office in Dublin castle. Anyone know what kind of work I could be doing as a CO?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jd292190

sineadglam wrote: »

They are within the first 20 candidates so hasn’t actually hit the 20s yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 sineadglam

Hey wat number would that Still in the 1000s

Someone else posted around 1000 for invite to interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

OK I'm in bit of a dilemma. ... loving it so far but as I'm slightly deaf ...when it comes to people talking with masks on I can't understand them through the thick screens as sometimes I depend on lip reading .. if your Beside me I'm grand .. but as I'm due to be part of the front office soon I'm terrified that this will be an issue now .(.which unfortunately it's going to be) when it comes to my end of probation period ... ....I told my line manager the first day I started about it but not about the mask part .... not realising stupidly people are wearing masks into the office it's going to be a major issue for the position I was hired for. ... hoping by the time I'm fully trained masks won't be compulsory then the problem will be solved ....please advise me I'm so worked up I've not slept in 4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭claregal1

L390 wrote: »
    OK I'm in bit of a dilemma. ... loving it so far but as I'm slightly deaf ...when it comes to people talking with masks on I can't understand them through the thick screens as sometimes I depend on lip reading .. if your Beside me I'm grand .. but as I'm due to be part of the front office soon I'm terrified that this will be an issue now .(.which unfortunately it's going to be) when it comes to my end of probation period ... ....I told my line manager the first day I started about it but not about the mask part .... not realising stupidly people are wearing masks into the office it's going to be a major issue for the position I was hired for. ... hoping by the time I'm fully trained masks won't be compulsory then the problem will be solved ....please advise me I'm so worked up I've not slept in 4 days

Hey - I work on a desk as well and I'm hard of hearing . I just ask people to remove their masks if I can't hear them once the screen is in front of you it shouldn't be an issue. All the staff in my building we have to wear masks on the floor and between offices etc , are aware that I struggle to hear and lipread, they remove their masks when speaking to me . You need to bring this up with your line manager again and this will not be an issue . They have to accommodate you and provide you with any extra tools you need in order to do your job to the best of your ability. Don't be losing sleep over such a small issue that can be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭daffodill50

If you are offered a job how far out can you defer your start date, and bar the distance are there any other reasons why you could pass up an offer but remain on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

If you are offered a job how far out can you defer your start date, and bar the distance are there any other reasons why you could pass up an offer but remain on the panel?

Good q. I’m wondering if you can change or request a certain department?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Good q. I’m wondering if you can change or request a certain department?

Generally if you pass up a position you're off the panel, they don't do requests. Exceptions I'm aware of:

Being placed with Social Protection and the office being too close to home - got allocated to a different office but still in Social Protection.

Being placed with AGS and the office being difficult to get to in Dublin has resulted in them placing the person at a different AGS location.

Enhanced vetting taking so long (c.>6 months) PAS placed the candidate in a different department from the original (AGS).

Edit: Occasionally there will be jobs you're asked to express an interest for rather than automatically being placed - they usually involve shift work - if you don't get it as someone with a higher OOM also expresses an interest then you should remain on the main panel.

Currently on batch 16 oom 16 for Dublin.
    Rest will be contacted in new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

Got an expression of interest to interview for Dublin today. I'm OOM early 1180s. Wondering how long people have found it takes to be interviewed after confirming your interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭daffodill50

Got an expression of interest to interview for Dublin today. I'm OOM early 1180s. Wondering how long people have found it takes to be interviewed after confirming your interest?

It was 4 days from confirming to getting interview

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

What department was it for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 SC2020TT

Sight808 wrote: »
    What department was it for?

You won't know what department you are interviewing for until they offer you a job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Guffy

Got assigned yesterday, Was given an opportunity to decline and remain on the list due to the nature of the work involved.

Recruiter advised that they tend to allow people 6 weeks from the offer date. Allowed an extra 2 weeks due to it being xmas and I'm due a bonus from work. Mad excited to get started, dreading giving my notice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jd292190

Guffy wrote: »
    Got assigned yesterday, Was given an opportunity to decline and remain on the list due to the nature of the work involved.

Recruiter advised that they tend to allow people 6 weeks from the offer date. Allowed an extra 2 weeks due to it being xmas and I'm due a bonus from work. Mad excited to get started, dreading giving my notice :D

Congratulations, great to have the opportunity to decline if you think the nature of work might not be for you! Would you mind sharing roughly what oom you are if you are Dublin? Just trying to judge if the offers are still coming out before Christmas. PAS said in an email I’ll be reached early in the new year but I’m hoping for a Christmas miracle lol

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dublingreen

Anyone start in Customs in Dublin recently know what the typical shifts are or how long garda clearance takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Anyone hear anything for limerick or tipperary thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

Anyone start in Customs in Dublin recently know what the typical shifts are or how long garda clearance takes?

It's standard clearance as far as I'm aware.

tiny14 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything for limerick or tipperary thanks

Also interested to know what the shifts may be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,915 ✭✭✭shmeee

Also interested to know what the shifts may be

In what department?

Ps. Tipp is moving faster than Limerick I know alright but no OOM figures to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JenOD90

Got called for interview in Waterford in early Jan. Slowly moving!

• Advertisement

shmeee wrote: »
    In what department?

Ps. Tipp is moving faster than Limerick I know alright but no OOM figures to hand.

Customs

Advertisement