Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Rikand wrote: »
    My wife started in there recently and she was told she'll be in the office indefinitely. I think new starters at least at CO level are guaranteed to be in the office most of the time. The rest more or less work from home unless theres a reason they need to be in there.

I'd echo this. In our place people work alternate days but new starts are in pretty much every day while they're trained in and remote access sorted at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I started on the 30th of Nov. Working in office and will be. 3 other CO's in office and only one working from home and she's there a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

I started on the 30th of Nov. Working in office and will be. 3 other CO's in office and only one working from home and she's there a long time.

Are the first few weeks more or less training/ shadowing?

Are the first few weeks more or less training/ shadowing?

Small bit of training and straight into it. I love it . Always busy without the stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rebecca4410

Rikand wrote: »
    Which county/location are you starting ? Athlone is a grand spot. Some of the payroll sections can be a little bit frustrating but otherwise fine. You won't be doing any of the frustrating stuff for a few months anyways :)

Dont worry about anything. Dont be stressing. There's absolutely no need for it. Everyone in the civil service is super nice. You'll be grand :D

It’s actually in blanchardstown it’s a education shared businesses services centre! I haven’t heard of it before if anyone has any info on it that would be great! Thanks so much :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Sinead2021

Hi everybody, i have been invited for an interview for January. My order of merit is in the 1100's.
    Could anyone tell me how you know what batch you are in? Im new to all this.
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sinead2021 wrote: »
    Hi everybody, i have been invited for an interview for January. My order of merit is in the 1100's.
    Could anyone tell me how you know what batch you are in? Im new to all this.
    Thanks in advance

Should you be successful at interview, you will then be assigned a batch number and panel placing. i.e.. Dont worry about it until after the interview and good luck :D

What is the process of applying to move/ transfer to another department having worked in current one for 12 months?
    You need 2 years done to be eligible for mobility.

There is some benefit (not sure what it is exactly - something to do with place in the queue) to applying for mobility as soon as you're in the door but you won't be considered until you're two years in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Guffy

Was offered a position 2 weeks ago over the phone with a start date agreed for the 1st Feb. Haven't received a contract as of yet but need to hand my notice in at work. I should be getting on to the recruiter for the contract first right? I don't want to be unemployed if there's a hiccup

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Guffy wrote: »
    Was offered a position 2 weeks ago over the phone with a start date agreed for the 1st Feb. Haven't received a contract as of yet but need to hand my notice in at work. I should be getting on to the recruiter for the contract first right? I don't want to be unemployed if there's a hiccup

My suggestion would be to wait until 1st week in Jan - that would be 4 weeks before your proposed start day.
    If you don't hear anything by 08.01.21, then email or ring PAS asking for an update.
    Please do not hand in your notice until you've handed back your signed contract just in case there is a delay for any reason.
    Good luck with your new job 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭I am me123

Probably the wrong thread but anyone know when the permanent clerical officer campaign 2021 is due to start?
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

I am me123 wrote: »
    Probably the wrong thread but anyone know when the permanent clerical officer campaign 2021 is due to start?
    Thank you.

This is the right thread.

The Clerical Officer campaign 2020 was for one year and is due sometime between April and May.

It is likely the 2021 Clerical Officer campaign will run for two year so if you are interested it would be strongly advisable to apply.

This is the right thread.

The Clerical Officer campaign 2020 was for one year and is due sometime between April and May.

It is likely the 2021 Clerical Officer campaign will run for two year so if you are interested it would be strongly advisable to apply.

Thanks I intend to apply for the permanent CO campaign when it becomes available, all going well. As far as I know the Temporary Clerical Officer 2021 campaign is over but keeping an eye out for the 2021 permanent campaign to apply for instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Your right. We got our results and places in the panel on the 6th may this year, so maybe the current panel will run until around same time next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jobseeker1987

Hi Everyone been following this thread for a while first time posting on boards thanks to everyone for the wealth of information. I was hoping to apply for next years campaign but recently got a conviction for drink driving and lost my job. it was next morning I got done but I'm not making excuses deserve everything I got. My question is have I any chance of getting a clerical officer job with my conviction. Thanks in advance.

So approximately when should the 2021 permanent CO campaign open for applications?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I am me123 wrote: »
    So approximately when should the 2021 permanent CO campaign open for applications?

Approximately

Sometime between January and May

Keep an eye on this forum over the next few months and a thread will be up within a minute of the campaign going live :)

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Hi Everyone been following this thread for a while first time posting on boards thanks to everyone for the wealth of information. I was hoping to apply for next years campaign but recently got a conviction for drink driving and lost my job. it was next morning I got done but I'm not making excuses deserve everything I got. My question is have I any chance of getting a clerical officer job with my conviction. Thanks in advance.

Well you have no chance of a job in the Road Safety Authority but a drink driving offence itself is unlike to call into question your trustworthiness.

As far as I know, there is a framework for assessing convictions disclosed during vetting so if thats your only offence you should be ok to apply.

Working as a co just over a month now and enjoying it. My it skills are well above average but was wondering what could I add to my arsenal to progress and first of all make sure I'm permanent after a year and with the ultimate goal of getting promoted to eo.

My advice is add to your portfolio whenever you can, just be smart about it and don't take on too much. As for EO all you need is a bit of people management experience really.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Working as a co just over a month now and enjoying it. My it skills are well above average but was wondering what could I add to my arsenal to progress and first of all make sure I'm permanent after a year and with the ultimate goal of getting promoted to eo.

I wouldn't worry about passing probation anyway. You'd have to do something drastically wrong not to pass it.

I wouldn't worry about passing probation anyway. You'd have to do something drastically wrong not to pass it.

I'd echo this and you'd be told well in advance if there was a problem.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I'd echo this and you'd be told well in advance if there was a problem.

Ya, if there is any problem they'd probably bring it up in the PMDS review. It'll be well flagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Summer111

Just wondering does anyone know how the level 5 restrictions will effect new CO’s with regard to training etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I actually completely forgot that I applied for this until I seen this thread pop up on the front page. Placed OK in Louth but never heard anything so I assume they aren't cyring out for staff. Oh well.

Eco22 wrote: »

Adverts | Friends
    I just got request for reference yesterday, which was submitted this morning. Got a call this afternoon with a start date of 11th January.

That’s fantastic, congratulations, best of luck!!
    Do you know if you’ll be based in the office or will you have a chance to work from home some days with the Covid restrictions in place.

pconn062 wrote: »
    I actually completely forgot that I applied for this until I seen this thread pop up on the front page. Placed OK in Louth but never heard anything so I assume they aren't cyring out for staff. Oh well.

The panel lasts until March or April so there’s a few months left yet, if you were placed ok maybe you could give them a ring and check if the panel is moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

I'm really hoping to be placed before this panel ends. They reached my place for interview in Dublin in mid December and I replied to express my interest but I haven't heard anything since. I assume because of the Christmas break, I should hear about an interview time this coming week maybe.

I'm really hoping to be placed before this panel ends. They reached my place for interview in Dublin in mid December and I replied to express my interest but I haven't heard anything since. I assume because of the Christmas break, I should hear about an interview time this coming week maybe.

Hopefully you’ll hear in the next week or so, keep an eye on their messages and send an email to them if you don’t hear anything. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

Starting a CO position in the Dept of Children & Youth Affairs, and have just been informed I’ll be working from home for the foreseeable. Not sure how this will work with regards to training/ induction etc but will see how it goes. Looking forward to it.

Advertisement