Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

Suzie5869 wrote: »
    No problem. I was 23. Called for interview with in 3 weeks from expressing interest.

Ok so you've only been recently called so, would that be right? I'm next in line to be called .
    Did you find your interview ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Tippman24

For any of you waiting for calling in Limerick, both the Collector Generals Office and Tax District Office are both working with a much reduced staffing at the moment. I am told that there are approx 50 in the CGs on a daily basis mainly working on brexit. Until the lock down lifts the Limerick panel will proceed at the pace of a slow funeral.

Tippman24 wrote: »
    For any of you waiting for calling in Limerick, both the Collector Generals Office and Tax District Office are both working with a much reduced staffing at the moment. I am told that there are approx 50 in the CGs on a daily basis mainly working on brexit. Until the lock down lifts the Limerick panel will proceed at the pace of a slow funeral.

Yes it has been crawling alright and the lockdown has slowed everything down its not just CGS its everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Suzie5869

Ok so you've only been recently called so, would that be right? I'm next in line to be called .
    Did you find your interview ok ?

If you know the competencies the interview is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Suzie5869

Tippman24 wrote: »

I get that, but there is more in Limerick than just Revenue.

• Advertisement

If you know the competencies the interview is fine.

Yes , thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Aine1981

Hey, I think there is a Social Protection base in Limerick too and I would expect they will have demand for staff in the current environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Aine1981 wrote: »
    Hey, I think there is a Social Protection base in Limerick too and I would expect they will have demand for staff in the current environment.

Now I've visions of a bunker somewhere trying to keep the bingo club open.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Tippman24

I get that, but there is more in Limerick than just Revenue.
    The CGs have a staff of approx 500. So vacencies have arisen but not filled for over a approx a year at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

Anyone have an update on OOM for Co. Sligo? Thanks.

71. Has been there for about 7/8 weeks. I was sent an expression of interest to interview and never heard anymore since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Jd292190

I was batch 16 OOM 28 I reckon you will be offered in the next couple of months, theyve got through 12 people since jan 4th

Hi hope you don’t mind me asking, how long after PAS contacted you did it take for the department to contact you? Just trying to gauge how long I should expect to wait, also were you told a location or just a department? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭I am me123

Jd292190 wrote: »
    Hi hope you don’t mind me asking, how long after PAS contacted you did it take for the department to contact you? Just trying to gauge how long I should expect to wait, also were you told a location or just a department? Thanks!

Last year, I got my results 3 weeks after my interview. However it took a further 8 months for a department to contact me with a job offer. Told a department for assignment & the county it was in.

I am me123 wrote: »
    Last year, I got my results 3 weeks after my interview. However it took a further 8 months for a department to contact me with a job offer. Told a department for assignment & the county it was in.

Thanks, I did my interview in November and got the results the 2 days after, I’ve already been contacted since and submitted vetting and references I’m just looking to know roughly how long that person had to wait after that stage for the department to contact them as they are only a few places ahead of me in the batch we are in and have already got an offer. I’m just being impatient tbh :-D

Thanks, I did my interview in November and got the results the 2 days after, I’ve already been contacted since and submitted vetting and references I’m just looking to know roughly how long that person had to wait after that stage for the department to contact them as they are only a few places ahead of me in the batch we are in and have already got an offer. I’m just being impatient tbh :-D

Hope I helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

So my interview was November 11th, I found out I passed my interview, and recieved my OOM exactly a week after my interview, then heard nothing until january 6th. But obviously with xmas in between it took a little longer for me to be contacted. Also I was just told I was under consideration for a job with an garda siochana (AGS) I will be told the location after my guarda vetting comes back, which I have been informed can take anywhere from 12-16 weeks.

Best of luck hope you hear soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,033 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ahh, weren't you are TCO? This is the permanent panel thread, and it works quite differently.

Ahh, weren't you are TCO? This is the permanent panel thread, and it works quite differently.

My apologies .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Catd1980

Hi, does anyone know if there has been any movement on the Laois panel?

So my interview was November 11th, I found out I passed my interview, and recieved my OOM exactly a week after my interview, then heard nothing until january 6th. But obviously with xmas in between it took a little longer for me to be contacted. Also I was just told I was under consideration for a job with an garda siochana (AGS) I will be told the location after my guarda vetting comes back, which I have been informed can take anywhere from 12-16 weeks.

Best of luck hope you hear soon!

Thanks so much for replying, seems to be different with me they have just said I’m under consideration for a position with no further info, I’ll just have to wait it out! Best of luck in your new position, hope you’re not too long waiting on vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

Is €24,586 the correct starting starting salary for a CO?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Is €24,586 the correct starting starting salary for a CO?

Yes, €471.20 before USC, PAYE, PRSI and pension.

I would put it on my CV mark it as a temporary contract of 8 weeks. Employers don't like to see gaps in your CV .

Thank you

Is it common that probationary contracts be terminated after the conclusion of probation period?
    In this case would you advise it worthwhile to even apply for any future TCO/co campaigns?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

Thank you

Is it common that probationary contracts be terminated after the conclusion of probation period?
    In this case would you advise it worthwhile to even apply for any future TCO/co campaigns?

It is common for TCO contracts to not be renewed.

It is almost unheard of for someone to fail the probation period. You would need to be a special kind of **** up.

Hi I am me123
    Sorry you didn't get extended but a lot of the time TCO contracts don't get extended you only hear of the odd one getting extended depending on department.
    The CO panel as far as I'm aware comes out every two years but last year's CO was only a year for whatever reason I don't know? Also apply for TCO as you can always refuse or take it and if your CO comes up in the meantime , you take that over TCO. Good luck

Thanks Sweetiesloth

Just to mention that my contract was called a 'probationary contract' and was told it was to be terminated.
    Is it common for these types of contracts to be not renewed?
    Just to mention also that my job offer stated it was an open contract for a minimum of 8 weeks. I had just finished 8 weeks service just before Christmas
    I was informed my above contract was being terminated upon my return to work this week. Does this sound like I was dismissed or that my contract had reached its natural conclusion, seeing as I was offered minimum 8 weeks, and had just completed this length of service?

Sorry for the long post.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Thanks Sweetiesloth

Just to mention that my contract was called a 'probationary contract' and was told it was to be terminated.
    Is it common for these types of contracts to be not renewed?
    Just to mention also that my job offer stated it was an open contract for a minimum of 8 weeks. I had just finished 8 weeks service just before Christmas
    I was informed my above contract was being terminated upon my return to work this week. Does this sound like I was dismissed or that my contract had reached its natural conclusion, seeing as I was offered minimum 8 weeks, and had just completed this length of service?

Sorry for the long post.
    Thanks

You're reading into this way too much. You were told you'd be employed for 8 weeks and you did those 8 weeks. If you were being kept on for any length of time after those 8 weeks you would have been contacted by your HR department and issued with another contract with a specified number of weeks on it. Most TCOs are not kept on longer than their initial contracts. There are other factors at play as well such as budget for staff costs, workload, recruitment of permanent staff, people returning from some form of leave etc. that determine what number of extensions, if any, are required. You are free to apply for any other temporary or permanent campaigns.

You're reading into this way too much. You were told you'd be employed for 8 weeks and you did those 8 weeks. If you were being kept on for any length of time after those 8 weeks you would have been contacted by your HR department and issued with another contract with a specified number of weeks on it. Most TCOs are not kept on longer than their initial contracts. There are other factors at play as well such as budget for staff costs, workload, recruitment of permanent staff, people returning from some form of leave etc. that determine what number of extensions, if any, are required. You are free to apply for any other temporary or permanent campaigns.

Sorry Nigel Fairservice. Thank you for help. I appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Hi all, does anyone know what’s happening with full time co panel, I did my exam last March , got 83 for cork and haven’t been called yet?? Do u think they will call me ? Or will panel expire, apparently only called 56 for cork?? Or will they start new panel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

bangors85 wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone know what’s happening with full time co panel, I did my exam last March , got 83 for cork and haven’t been called yet?? Do u think they will call me ? Or will panel expire, apparently only called 56 for cork?? Or will they start new panel ?

Alot of areas moving very slow im afraid i applied for limerick / tipp and limerick only at 25 since march and tipp bit further up im in early 100’s for limerick and early 70’s for tipp but if im honest i cabt see them reaching my number in limerick anyway to get called for interview & cork prob the same moving slow due to covid & alot of staff working from home too & panel open til may so fingers crossed

Thank you

Am I right in saying you got a TCO contract for 8 weeks? If yes, you have finished your 8 week contract. Very rare a contract will be extended only the odd time depending on the department. When you take a TCO contract you go in thinking that its only for the 8 weeks only or whatever time your contract is for. You have a probationary period but quite honestly, I have never known anyone to fail this. Your time is done and you have finished 2020 TCO panel.

Of course it is worthwhile applying for TCO panel and CO panel whenever the next one is out. You apply for everything as you have to keep your options opened.

I take it you are on this year's TCO Panel and did you apply for CO panel just gone? Any panel you see and you feel you want to apply for just apply for it and see where you come. You have nothing to loose.

• Advertisement

Am I right in saying you got a TCO contract for 8 weeks? If yes, you have finished your 8 week contract. Very rare a contract will be extended only the odd time depending on the department. When you take a TCO contract you go in thinking that its only for the 8 weeks only or whatever time your contract is for. You have a probationary period but quite honestly, I have never known anyone to fail this. Your time is done and you have finished 2020 TCO panel.

Of course it is worthwhile applying for TCO panel and CO panel whenever the next one is out. You apply for everything as you have to keep your options opened.

I take it you are on this year's TCO Panel and did you apply for CO panel just gone? Any panel you see and you feel you want to apply for just apply for it and see where you come. You have nothing to loose.

Thanks.
    My offer stated the contract was an open contract for a mimimum of 8 weeks. I note the word mimimum as meaning I could have got more than 8 weeks.
    I didnt apply for the 2021 TCO competition.
    I intend to apply for the 2021 clerical officer campaign when the application process opens.
    I didn't think to enquire about a reference from my manager when I left, but am not even sure if they'd give me a reference or a good reference. Would it be appropriate to email them and ask?
    I've heard it is illegal for an employer to give a bad reference, either they give a good reference or none at all. Is this accurate?

Advertisement