Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

Suzie5869 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the movement in Limerick is going? TIA

Emailed PAS last week and they were up to OOM 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Tippman24

Limerick Panel will be slow moving until the Collector Generals and Inspect of Taxes Office open up. At the moment staff are working from home mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 G2234567

Hi, does anyone know where Dublin is post interview what batch and number. Have they moved to batch 17?. And are people still being interviewed? Thanks

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Jd292190 wrote: »
    If you are a current TCO and the department you are working for ask to retain you can you appeal this on the grounds that the CO panel is a separate entity and you wish to be assigned based on the natural process of the CO panel? (Hope that makes sense)

Did they not ask you first if you'd like to stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 T1GARS.13

G2234567 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know where Dublin is post interview what batch and number. Have they moved to batch 17?. And are people still being interviewed? Thanks
    Hi, there currently on batch 16, 00m 60s for dublin , I have just been mailed for consideration for a position, just have to fill out the garda vetting process

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

If you are a current TCO and the department you are working for ask to retain you can you appeal this on the grounds that the CO panel is a separate entity and you wish to be assigned based on the natural process of the CO panel? (Hope that makes sense)

Do you not wish to be retained while you wait for the permanent CO panel takes its course ? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 Sadie_cakes

Are you saying that instead of moving to a different location and starting new as a permanent co, they want you to take up your permanent role in the same place you have been working as a tco? I remember you saying you’d been assigned to same dept as you’re in now. The dept assignment may well have been the natural process of the permanent panel but if they’ve asked to retain you that does seem to suggest that had they not, you would may got a move to a different location in the county albeit still in that dept but in a different office.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Hi all
    Just wondering where do the tipperary offices be & what do they do? My friend asking and not on this forum & i dont no myself thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Just wondering what kind of questions do they ask and do they keep interview short and just look for example of each question ?j

• Registered Users Posts: 21 G2234567

Interview is quite fast.
    Start they ask you about CV.
    Question about your skills and why you applied.
    Then competency question example confrontation in work place.
    Finish you have a chance to add anything you like.
    It wasn't to hard and they were very pleasant.
    Are you interviewing for Dublin? What number where you?
    Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

T1GARS.13 wrote: »
    Hi, there currently on batch 16, 00m 60s for dublin , I have just been mailed for consideration for a position, just have to fill out the garda vetting process

Any idea what department you are being assigned to? Great to see panel is moving a bit. Good Luck 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

tiny14 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Just wondering where do the tipperary offices be & what do they do? My friend asking and not on this forum & i dont no myself thanks very much

A few of the options in Tipp are as follows:

Revenue in Nenagh or Thurles

Agriculture, Garda Vetting, immigration, in Tipp Town

Social Welfare in the bigger towns like Clonmel, Thurles and Nenagh.
    Garda Sations in most towns.

I'm sure I am missing plenty off that list too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭shmeee

Samsgirl wrote: »

Garda Vetting and Fixed Penalty Points units are in Thurles, both have hired recently along with the DSP office in Thurles.

Garda College in Templemore is also an option but not much happening there at present with Covid. Likewise the big offices are all as good as empty in Nenagh too.

List is endless.

Did you friend apply? Or just querying it. Very random question to ask if already on a panel and not exactly knowing where or what the job is. Don't mean to be rude!

Samsgirl wrote: »

Thanks so much for that info shes in south tipp so some of those areas would be near enough to her as shes living near tipperary town & hoping to get some where near her so thanks again

shmeee wrote: »
    Garda Vetting and Fixed Penalty Points units are in Thurles, both have hired recently along with the DSP office in Thurles.

Garda College in Templemore is also an option but not much happening there at present with Covid. Likewise the big offices are all as good as empty in Nenagh too.

List is endless.

Did you friend apply? Or just querying it. Very random question to ask if already on a panel and not exactly knowing where or what the job is. Don't mean to be rude!

Yes shes waiting for her place but was only worried incase she get some where that would be long distance so was only enquiring what offices be near so thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Thanks a mill, no interviewing fir cork , really nervous, just want to pass. Hand lots of experience so hopefully that will stand to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭shmeee

tiny14 wrote: »
    Yes shes waiting for her place but was only worried incase she get some where that would be long distance so was only enquiring what offices be near so thanks

You can turn down a position if it's outside the a set distance, not sure what it is. Maybe 40/50km?

Others may know more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

bangors85 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill, no interviewing fir cork , really nervous, just want to pass. Hand lots of experience so hopefully that will stand to me

Where are they now with Cork? Last time I heard they had reached oom 62

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

Does anyone know how long after vetting is completed it is until you are placed or contacted for references?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Jamp 123

Anyone get an email today regarding customs?
    Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2020 - Expression of Interest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 nosey11

Hi, has anyone been called for Kildare? And what are the offers/positions in that county?

shmeee wrote: »
    You can turn down a position if it's outside the a set distance, not sure what it is. Maybe 40/50km?

Others may know more.

Thanks for that il let her no that & she can double check herself the set distance so good luck & thanks again

Hi, just asking, is this unusual?

Should you express an interest in the above position and/or attend for interview, you will no longer be considered for other vacancies that may arise throughout the course of the Clerical Officer 2020 competition and will only be considered for a CO Customs Officer role. However, should you be successful and your place on the panel not reached, your interview result will be carried over and your place reinstated on the Stage 1 Clerical Officer 2020 panel

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭MLC_biker

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Where are they now with Cork? Last time I heard they had reached oom 62

As of Monday Cork is at OOM 81

• Registered Users Posts: 10 thekingofpop

Does anyone know what number Meath is at the moment also please and do your think they may not close this panel in May but may extend it because of Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Does anyone know what number Meath is at the moment also please and do your think they may not close this panel in May but may extend it because of Covid

I checked a couple of weeks ago and Meath was on 48. It’s moving very slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 T1GARS.13

abbeybella wrote: »
    Any idea what department you are being assigned to? Great to see panel is moving a bit. Good Luck 😊

Thanks, gsoc,

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Atchoo22

ari101 wrote: »
    Just ignore it and you keep your place on the main panel, I know someone who already did same.

Hi I'm the same I filled out the application form as requested, for clerical officer customs officer, but customs in the port definitely won't suit me (shifts and distance), can I withdraw now? Will I be removed from the panel, or considered for another role? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭thehookster

Jamp 123 wrote: »
    Anyone get an email today regarding customs?
    Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2020 - Expression of Interest

Did it say where it will be based?

• Advertisement

Yes Rosslare Dublin Port, I applied for Wexford, does that me Rosslare would apply.
    If you complete this form, does that mean you are removed from the CO panel? and just on the Customs panel?

Advertisement