Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

Jamp 123 wrote: »
    Yes Rosslare Dublin Port, I applied for Wexford, does that me Rosslare would apply.
    If you complete this form, does that mean you are removed from the CO panel? and just on the Customs panel?

Yes if you express your interest you will be removed from the current panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mameeh

Does anyone know what the position might involve?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭daffodill50

Can anyone tell me - Department of Justice & Equality - what offices/areas fall under this departments scope?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Can anyone tell me - Department of Justice & Equality - what offices/areas fall under this departments scope?

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/WP15000238

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JenOD90

How long after you have passed clearance does it take for your assignment to be posted to your message board? I have been given a proposed start date but haven't been told department or any further information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 Sadie_cakes

JenOD90 wrote: »
    How long after you have passed clearance does it take for your assignment to be posted to your message board? I have been given a proposed start date but haven't been told department or any further information.

My vetting came back last Monday, they had already contacted my reference a few days beforehand and I had an email and text to check my message board on Tuesday morning. That just said the dept I was being assigned to and a details of a contact in hr. Still don’t have a start date though..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Booth23

Hi. Would anyone know what oom they are on for louth? Emailed them but haven’t heard back yet.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

My vetting came back last Monday, they had already contacted my reference a few days beforehand and I had an email and text to check my message board on Tuesday morning. That just said the dept I was being assigned to and a details of a contact in hr. Still don’t have a start date though..

I'm the exact same as you, don't worry. I figure it's all working in the background and they will be in touch soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

My vetting came back 2 weeks ago tomorrow, and I already know I'm being assigned to AGS but nobody has contacted me with any further details, no start date no emails no messages, I'm trying to be patient but also getting paranoid that I'm missing something. Dont know wheter to email and enquire about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭shmeee

Yes if you express your interest you will be removed from the current panel.

But if you do not get a job with Customs after expression of interest, you will return back to the CO panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

My vetting came back 2 weeks ago tomorrow, and I already know I'm being assigned to AGS but nobody has contacted me with any further details, no start date no emails no messages, I'm trying to be patient but also getting paranoid that I'm missing something. Dont know wheter to email and enquire about it.

Email PAS and ask. They won't bite.

My references and vetting have all being completed. I have the start date but no message on board yet. Hard to give notice to current employer without knowing full details of job offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 Sadie_cakes

I had a call this evening from hr in the dept I’m going to. They don’t have a start date for me yet because with most people working from home they don’t have anyone to train me in. They said they will let me know as soon as arrangements are made to get someone to come into the office to train me in, hopefully in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭celticWario

Received an email telling me there will be some openings and if I'm still interested in a clerical officer position on Tuesday, then one of my references contacted me yesterday to tell me they called, how long would they usually take before contacting again? Also I'm not sure if my other reference would be available, if they can't contact them will they ask me for another one?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

For anyone interested limerick at 25 and tipperary at 64

• Registered Users Posts: 21 G2234567

Hi, anyone know about Dublin? I'm batch 19 do I have any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rebecca4410

Does anyone have any tips for first starting? My first day is on Monday and I’m quite nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Does anyone have any tips for first starting? My first day is on Monday and I’m quite nervous

I know it's easier said than done but don't be nervous. My first pups of days were quite boring. Reading and filling forms etc. I have to say everyone was really nice . You'll gradually find you're feet. They don't expect miracles. Try show whatever skills you have without showing off if you know what I mean. Take your time at tasks, it's not a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rebecca4410

I know it's easier said than done but don't be nervous. My first pups of days were quite boring. Reading and filling forms etc. I have to say everyone was really nice . You'll gradually find you're feet. They don't expect miracles. Try show whatever skills you have without showing off if you know what I mean. Take your time at tasks, it's not a race.

Thanks so much for the advice. I’m working remotely from the start so I think that’s why I’m nervous, it would’ve been great to meet in person on the first day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Write things down. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭xxsammyxx085

Hi, just wondering if anyone had gotten an email yesterday to express interest in clerical officer for HSE in Kilkenny... and also if anyone thinks it would be a good idea to come off the main panel for the HSE instead??

Said the hours were shifts 8am to 8pm and weekends included, anyone have any idea where that Could be with those hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 amc112

tiny14 wrote: »
    For anyone interested limerick at 25 and tipperary at 64

Is this after test stage? Or after interview?

Anybody know up to what OOM has been called for tests for Tipp? :)

Hi, just wondering if anyone had gotten an email yesterday to express interest in clerical officer for HSE in Kilkenny... and also if anyone thinks it would be a good idea to come off the main panel for the HSE instead??

Said the hours were shifts 8am to 8pm and weekends included, anyone have any idea where that Could be with those hours?

Sounds like that's contact tracing hours.

Oh god I hate outbound calls 😂😂

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I didn’t think the HSE took people off Public Appointments Service panels.

Me either!! Looks like its happening though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I think they generally run their own campaigns, but in these Covid times if their panels are exhausted, it might take too long.
    I imagine they have reached an arrangement to pull from this panel with PAS and whomever has oversight.
    I understand their in house recruitment division is under significant pressure, and was recently hiring for staff to do recruitment, they are probably focused on trying to hire for medical roles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭shmeee

Hard to know.

I know some office's doing shifts similar to that due to covid and social distancing. Working 3 long days per week.

But if it's a route in and you are able for the 12 hour shifts, then go for it.

shmeee wrote: »
    Hard to know.

I know some office's doing shifts similar to that due to covid and social distancing. Working 3 long days per week.

But if it's a route in and you are able for the 12 hour shifts, then go for it.

I already work 12 hour shifts, but I think they are saying my hours would be between those times not that they would be the full 12 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,030 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

That's the standard HSE terms and conditions for clerical staff. Some areas will have a need for shifts and even long shifts. But in most places, you will be doing a 37 hour week over five days, with the exact hours/days being anytime between 8 and 8. Ususally Mon-Fri, but sometimes Mon-Sun.

Advertisement