Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

amc112 wrote: »
    Is this after test stage? Or after interview?

Anybody know up to what OOM has been called for tests for Tipp? :)

It just said thats whats called to stage 2 interviews so not sure how many placed!! Im in early 80’s for tipp so im hoping i might get called for interview & pass it

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

Hi, just wondering if anyone had gotten an email yesterday to express interest in clerical officer for HSE in Kilkenny... and also if anyone thinks it would be a good idea to come off the main panel for the HSE instead??

Said the hours were shifts 8am to 8pm and weekends included, anyone have any idea where that Could be with those hours?

I would check to see if this is a temporary position before thinking about leaving this panel. It sounds like Contact Tracing as they do shifts from 8am to 8pm which is a long day go in a Friday at 4pm till 8pm then Sat, Sun & Mon 8am to 8pm. Shift then changes after so many weeks Tues, Wed, Thur finishing up Fri at 12 noon with 3 days off in between. I know people doing this and its a full 37 hour week Temporary contract for 11 months. Maybe this Expression of Interest may be totally different for Kilkenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Me either!! Looks like its happening though!

Is it just dublin, or are they calling people to hse positions from other counties ?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭xxsammyxx085

I would check to see if this is a temporary position before thinking about leaving this panel. It sounds like Contact Tracing as they do shifts from 8am to 8pm which is a long day go in a Friday at 4pm till 8pm then Sat, Sun & Mon 8am to 8pm. Shift then changes after so many weeks Tues, Wed, Thur finishing up Fri at 12 noon with 3 days off in between. I know people doing this and its a full 37 hour week Temporary contract for 11 months. Maybe this Expression of Interest may be totally different for Kilkenny.

No it says its a permanent position that was the first thing I checked!!! thanks though!

Is it just dublin, or are they calling people to hse positions from other counties ?

No im not Dublin, I've been called off the Carlow/Kilkenny panel !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

No it says its a permanent position that was the first thing I checked!!! thanks though!

OK well at least its a full time panel but 12 hour days are long enough. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

OK well at least its a full time panel but 12 hour days are long enough. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

I have been in three separate bookmakers offices for the past 7 years, although I would have liked a 9-5 im actually used to it now!

Im in the early teens OOM carlow and haven't even been called for interview!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I have been in three separate bookmakers offices for the past 7 years, although I would have liked a 9-5 im actually used to it now!

Im in the early teens OOM carlow and haven't even been called for interview!

Maybe it is a good way in then.

Good to ask for more info upfront: HSE is separate to civil service for future internal competitions/ transfers. The grades are comparable, but not sure if the pay scale for Grade III HSE clerical is exactly the same as CO Civil Service? Might be worth checking if there are any differences to terms?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

I've got my interview on Tuesday. I'm excited but nervous about the prep work I've done. I have examples for each competency but I tend to get a bit nervous during interviews. I have never done a Zoom interview though to be fair! My friend who is an EO said barely anyone fails the interviews. Does anyone know what the real pass/fail rate tends to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

I've got my interview on Tuesday. I'm excited but nervous about the prep work I've done. I have examples for each competency but I tend to get a bit nervous during interviews. I have never done a Zoom interview though to be fair! My friend who is an EO said barely anyone fails the interviews. Does anyone know what the real pass/fail rate tends to be?

I get really nervous in interviews too and tend to flub my words or go off on tangents. I've done a good few Zoom interviews though and honestly I would take them over in person interviews any day, I hope they never go back.

I've no answer for you on the fail rate but honestly I think you'd have to go in and tell them you've never used a computer in order to fail. It's really basic stuff. Check your PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Jamp 123

shmeee wrote: »
    But if you do not get a job with Customs after expression of interest, you will return back to the CO panel.
    I get really nervous in interviews too and tend to flub my words or go off on tangents. I've done a good few Zoom interviews though and honestly I would take them over in person interviews any day, I hope they never go back.

I've no answer for you on the fail rate but honestly I think you'd have to go in and tell them you've never used a computer in order to fail. It's really basic stuff. Check your PM.

Best of luck with your interview. I have just sent back a supplementary application form and have my fingers crossed but never had a zoom conversation or competency interview and really nervous...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Hi does anyone know how long it takes after interview to get the results and does ur oom stay the same after interview

• Registered Users Posts: 21 G2234567

Hi I got my results same day although others have waited longer. I was given a new OOM and a batch number based on your interview score. What was your original Oom? I'm waiting on the panel for Dublin

G2234567 wrote: »
    Hi I got my results same day although others have waited longer. I was given a new OOM and a batch number based on your interview score. What was your original Oom? I'm waiting on the panel for Dublin

I did my interview for cork in 100, really nervous , they asked me nothing bout my co experience and kept cutting me short , hope I did enough to pass

• Registered Users Posts: 21 G2234567

I'm sure you did good, they move through the interview fairly fast so dont worry about that, it's just they are keeping to a clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Does anyone know what OOM they are up to in Dublin? I'd love to know what rate they get through candidates per week to gauge . Have been applying for other jobs and getting a bit anxious with the wait😊

• Registered Users Posts: 5 T1GARS.13

abbeybella wrote: »
    Does anyone know what OOM they are up to in Dublin? I'd love to know what rate they get through candidates per week to gauge . Have been applying for other jobs and getting a bit anxious with the wait��

From Monday 25th gone, Dublin was at batch 16 oom 60s, when I got called, on average 15 per week for dublin if this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nosey11

Anyone do an interview today? How do you feel it went, was happy enough with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

nosey11 wrote: »
    Anyone do an interview today? How do you feel it went, was happy enough with mine.

I did mine today. Felt good about it. It was my first public sector interview so I wasn't used to the format. I was nervous but I feel I answered all of their questions and found the interviewers friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ReganBrady

This way is the best and faster application process for everyone, also wonder what happens to the panel earlier was that still there or not now. Also was curious to know how the process of online application will work further and what’s and how will be decided regarding the interview or next steps, later knew that will have to through familiarisation test and that’s kind of TCO like process, thanks for the detailed information it will help in the further openings in the time ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Jamp 123

Delighted the interviews went well today.
    Anyone know where they are in Wexford or this new panel for customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mameeh

Hi, I have an interview for Customs CO in Dublin on 23rd Feb. Has anyone done an interview for this already? I'd really appreciate any tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dublinfan2020

How long does it normally take to hear back after an interview...?? Have many people not passed the interview stage...??

Does anyone know once you pass interview are u almost guaranteed a job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

bangors85 wrote: »
    Does anyone know once you pass interview are u almost guaranteed a job?

They have to reach your number on the panel but I don't think they interview unless they have a position for you to begin with, I could be corrected on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Raedownes

I emailed them the other day. They have reached OOM 1304 in Co. Dublin and are only interviewing as posts become available. They also said that the panel is until May 2021. They will email if they decide to extend it...might be awhile before we hear anything about even getting an interview!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dublinfan2020

Hi does anyone know how long it takes after interview to get the results and does ur oom stay the same after interview

Just wondering if you've heard anything back yet..
    Trying to see how long it takes to hear back. 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Penny_pocket

How long does it normally take to hear back after an interview...?? Have many people not passed the interview stage...??

It depends how long it takes them to interview the whole batch. Everyone in the batch needs to be interviewed before they can generate a new oom based on your interview score. When I was interviewed I was waiting a week for results. The people in my batch who were interviewed after me had less time to wait for a result.
    Not sure on the failure rate. Competencies are marked out of 50 with a score of 20 required to pass.

Heard panel extended till 2022,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

Heard panel extended till 2022,

Where did you hear that?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Advertisement