Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Just got an interview date for Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dory Knows

Waffleturd wrote: »
    Won't affect you at all. People drop out of these campaigns all the time. Circumstances change and that can't and won't bar you from applying to open campaigns in the future. I got to job offer stage once in civil service and turned it down because the location and role didn't suit me. Two years later and I'm in a different civil service role that I love.

Thank you.

ari101 wrote: »
    Also keep in mind these things can take a while, so staying in now (if you can) may give you back up options later in the year (not sure what the speed of the panel is in cork from stage 2 to job).

Thank you. Yes I considered the turn around time, but decided it's not the right move for me for probably a few years due to family commitments.

shmeee wrote: »
    I would email and fight your case.

Did you not get a text message also? They always send a text along as email. Well I always got texts to tell me to log into my public jobs profile to view a message.

I didn't get a text either, just an email. Maybe it's a consent box to tick. Must check that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭shmeee

Dory Knows wrote: »
    I didn't get a text either, just an email. Maybe it's a consent box to tick. Must check that.

I can't remember, it was so long ago I signed up.

But I searched public jobs in my sms inbox there and over the last 3/4 year's I've got about 20 SMS messages telling me to view my public jobs message board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Aqu87

Hi I was interviewed in November and placed 50 OOM batch 16 for Dublin but havnt heard anything yet. Is this unusual. I've check voicemail, emails and message board and no contact since interview results on 16/11
    Ive emailed pas this evening after discovering this thread.. Any advice. I'm terrified I've missed something or is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

Aqu87 wrote: »
    Hi I was interviewed in November and placed 50 OOM batch 16 for Dublin but havnt heard anything yet. Is this unusual. I've check voicemail, emails and message board and no contact since interview results on 16/11
    Ive emailed pas this evening after discovering this thread.. Any advice. I'm terrified I've missed something or is this normal?

I would email and ask what OOM they're at, theyve been on batch 16 for a long time now its unusual if they havent got to 50. But its always worth asking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 dragx

Hi all.

Just a few questions...

Does the dept. of social protection have flexi time? Is there a dress code? I have a nostril piercing (ring) and wondering if it will be an issue.

Also, is pay weekly or monthly in the CS?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

dragx wrote: »
    Hi all.

Just a few questions...

Does the dept. of social protection have flexi time? Is there a dress code? I have a nostril piercing (ring) and wondering if it will be an issue.

Yea they have flexi time and I would not think it’s problem having piercing , may I asked what county did u get department of social protection

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dublinfan2020

I would email and ask what OOM they're at, theyve been on batch 16 for a long time now its unusual if they havent got to 50. But its always worth asking

Last I heard they were late 90s in Batch 16 and that was about 2 weeks ago. I'd email them to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 kitesurfguy

Hi there, just wondering does anyone know how long with vetting and clearance takes in general before being placed?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

dragx wrote: »
    Hi all.

Just a few questions...

Hi, your nose piercing will be no issue at all, there is flexi-time and the dress code is casual and pay is weekly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 dragx

cvb03 wrote: »
    Hi, your nose piercing will be no issue at all, there is flexi-time and the dress code is casual and pay is weekly.

Thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tracy Mc

Oom in Wicklow is 33 and has been since last November. Not moving at all at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

Thanks that's interesting!
    A friend was OOM 54 for Wicklow but took a position for Dublin, started Jan 4th.
    They regretted accepting the Dublin position and felt had they waited they'd have got placed in Wicklow.
    Good to know that's not the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Hanaolosdad

Do ye think the panel will be extended?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nosey11

Does anyone know what type of work a clerical officer would be carrying out at the Dept of Agriculture?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

nosey11 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what type of work a clerical officer would be carrying out at the Dept of Agriculture?

A friend is in the Dept of Ag.
    They're in Dublin Port, be aware of that as it's awkward to get to if you've no car.
    The Dept of Ag has many offices around Dublin so you could be anywhere.

My friend's work is clerical admin stuff.
    Answering the phone, replying to emails that kind of thing.
    You're not out dealing with trucks / drivers.

They really like the office though it's quite busy, definitely not an easy ride as the media make civil service jobs out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nosey11

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

How long for interview results after doing rosslare port interview?

• Advertisement

My references where handed in a week ago by my current employer, does it usually take this long for them to get in touch with a start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hydration

nosey11 wrote: »

Depends on really what they/you were employed as and what division they/you are assigned too. Is it Clerical Officer (CO) or Clerical Officer Portal Inspector (COPI)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Atchoo22

Hi I'm hoping i can get an answer. I did the interview for the Dublin Revenue customs officer last Friday. It went well ( i think). The location just wont suit me. I now know that I initially should have ignored this expression of interest. I'm hoping i dont pass the interview now. My question is if I pass the interview, can i decline the offer and they put me back on the panel? Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hydration

Atchoo22 wrote: »
    Hi I'm hoping i can get an answer. I did the interview for the Dublin Revenue customs officer last Friday. It went well ( i think). The location just wont suit me. I now know that I initially should have ignored this expression of interest. I'm hoping i dont pass the interview now. My question is if I pass the interview, can i decline the offer and they put me back on the panel? Many thanks

Probably best to email the Revenue CO email address that PAS are using. I can send it to you by private mail if you dont have it. Did they say by any chance when they would get back to you to tell you your result?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭celticWario

My references were contacted a few week ago but haven't heard anything since, is this normal? and if I got this far and am unsuccessful will I be contacted and told or are you essentially ghosted unless you get a position start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

My references were contacted a few week ago but haven't heard anything since, is this normal? and if I got this far and am unsuccessful will I be contacted and told or are you essentially ghosted unless you get a position start date?

It like they are delaying your start due to the level 5 restrictions. If they give you a start date and contract they have to put you on the payroll from that date, which would be a waste of money if they can't train you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hunkydorey

I was called for a panel interview for the Training & Education board, has anyone interviewed with them? I have never done a panel interview so any insight would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aqu87

So reply was they they contacted me for clearance on 13/1 batch 16 OOM 50 yet I have no email or message board or phone call.

I have expressed Im am still interested so hears hoping they get back to me soon.

Another question is if I apply for an ETB service officer role would that affect panel position.

I'm in the same boat, I got offered AGS and references where contacted a week ago and still havent heard anything, starting to get impatient now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 G2234567

How long did it take to get all your clearance to come back. I believe after Garda vetting there is another longer check?
    My vetting came back in 2 days wondering how long for further checks to complete and asked for references?

Thanks

Advertisement