Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football & Coronavirus [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST - updated 06-05-20]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

ozzy jr wrote: »
    There's a pandemic, PPE and the materials for the tests are in short supply.

If the Premier League can get their hands on 50,000 test kits, do you think they'd be better off donating them to the people who are caring for those that are dying?

That's not my point though, why cant the uk government get these kits.

Sure open all the hotels,the resorts,concerts and festivals,everything. They are all businesses too why pick and choose?

We are talking about behind closed doors here. We have seen plenty of multinationals in this country that see themselves essential right now but I dont see the outrage. Plus I'm talking about months down the line when other non essential business would be open before football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If the Premier League can get their hands on 50,000 test kits, do you think they'd be better off donating them to the people who are caring for those that are dying?

The same as millionaire celebs could get a test straight away and the likes of prince Charles getting one and a result within 48 hours while frontline staff had to wait for results and a lot found out that the results were flawed.
    If you have money it's easy.

The fans are proclaimed as the most important part of any club but the news of 50,000 tests being diverted to ensure games go ahead asap is a slap in the face for them especially ones who'll never see a game again after succumbing to this virus.
    Don't get me wrong,I want football back but not to the detriment of any part of society.

The same as millionaire celebs could get a test straight away and the likes of prince Charles getting one and a result within 48 hours while frontline staff had to wait for results and a lot found out that the results were flawed.
    If you have money it's easy.

The fans are proclaimed as the most important part of any club but the news of 50,000 tests being diverted to ensure games go ahead asap is a slap in the face for them especially ones who'll never see a game again after succumbing to this virus.
    Don't get me wrong,I want football back but not to the detriment of any part of society.

Nobody is answering the question as to why the premier league can these tests but the actual uk government cannot. Do you not see something wrong here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Twenty thousand people dead and they still push on with this league finish nonsense

It's obscene

Theres people in all industries wondering when they will get back to work, football is no different. Should everything bar those that are required to keep the country going in limp mode be shut down indefinitely? 95% of us are probably not required in that scenario.

No one has said football should be going anytime other than when its possible without impacting endangering peoples lives. (though if you take that as being 100% then football will never come back unless theres a 100% effective vaccine and again most of us shouldn't be working if the same rules are to be applied to every industry)

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    We are talking about behind closed doors here. We have seen plenty of multinationals in this country that see themselves essential right now but I dont see the outrage. Plus I'm talking about months down the line when other non essential business would be open before football.

So it's months down the line now? Well that rules out getting this season finished so.

So it's months down the line now? Well that rules out getting this season finished so.

Who knows what they will do, my original point stands.

Who knows what they will do, my original point stands.

Well if one of those 50,000 tests turns out positive for a player then that's the league back to square one again.

Well if one of those 50,000 tests turns out positive for a player then that's the league back to square one again.

Ya I said the same in the other thread, I am not sure how they will work that side out. Be interesting how germany approach it.

Surely if the matchday squad are tested and 1 is positive that player just goes home and is on the injured list? Isnt that the point of the tests?

Hard to see how players who have been isolating for weeks come together and play a match they could end up with it anyway. Only way this spreads is if someone is acting the maggot and having contact with someone who isnt social distancing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Football and a load of other businesses will get back to work in the coming months. People thinking that is greedy is a bit odd to me.

Of course it won't be greedy if they just start a new season instead.

Surely if the matchday squad are tested and 1 is positive that player just goes home and is on the injured list? Isnt that the point of the tests?

Hard to see how players who have been isolating for weeks come together and play a match they could end up with it anyway. Only way this spreads is if someone is acting the maggot and having contact with someone who isnt social distancing.

Yes but isnt protocol for anyone he has been in contact with to isolate for 14 days.

Yes but isnt protocol for anyone he has been in contact with to isolate for 14 days.

They wont be getting all the players together for a mingle, bit of dinner, few days training , then a match. It'll most likely be a test before they leave their respective houses, tests before any interaction. As much distancing between players as possible and even more between them and the fewest amount of staff they can get away with, then test in whatever time before a game is decided on. Then tests in the time frame after.

At this stage, if everyone has been social distancing, no players should have it. If they continue as they are and only interact with each other, there shouldnt be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    The greed of football in England is shining through, get the league finished so they can claim their tv money, no mention of finishing the FA cup, because the money is not there, 100's of people dying everyday in England yet they are desperate to finish a league season, I hope this pandemic is the death of football, the greed and selfishness is sickening..........

Why is it only England that are being called greedy for wanting to resume their league but German, Spain, Italy etc are not?

There's a common collective that the majority of leagues want to resume but the main objective on these threads seems to be against the English only. I haven't seen anybody actively protesting against the other leagues resuming, only the English leagues.

Well on the subject of acting the maggot,Mosie Kean is in trouble with Everton after being caught partying.
    Video clips were sent to a private Snapchat group showing women touching male guests’ crotches while others lap danced. The footage was captioned “quarantine clean”

Well on the subject of acting the maggot,Mosie Kean is in trouble with Everton after being caught partying.

As have many other 20 year olds across every country in Europe this weekend, and last.

The theory that the vast majority of players and staff have been isolating for the last 6 weeks is still true though. Everyone involved in football clubs should be. It's the directive the clubs are issuing. As with all other people in everyday life who are currently WFH etc. Just because Moise Kean, Mason Mount & Kyle Walker were acting the idiot doesn't mean that every premier League footballer is.

I've been social distancing for 6 weeks and doing my regular exercises at home. Footballers are no different, bar maybe having someone else do their shopping for them, and living in a bigger house! :pac: of course when my office re-opens, there is a risk that I could catch the virus off of a work colleague but they also were social distancing for the last 6 weeks so in theory should not be out and about and in a position to catch the virus and pass on to others in the workplace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Coronavirus and sport: Meetings due to take place to discuss restart
    The government plans to set up the first of a series of regular meetings involving senior medical directors of the major sports this week in a bid to return to action as soon as possible.

The move was described by a source close to the plans as a "quickening of the pace" and intended to help sport resume "within weeks", if progress was made.

The Chief Medical Officer's staff would also be involved in the weekly meetings, and the Prime Minister has been briefed on the plan.

The specifics of each sport would be examined by health experts to see what protocols would be needed to get each up and running as soon as possible, meaning some would return sooner than others.

Testing, social distancing, hygiene standards and strict limits on the numbers of people allowed in venues would all be debated.

It comes just days after Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden told MPs that he had been having "productive talks" with governing bodies from across British sport on restarting following the coronavirus shutdown.

However, a return to action still depends on the government's five tests being met, especially an increase in testing, and meeting social distancing guidelines.

Sport at all levels is on hold because of the coronavirus pandemic which has claimed the lives of more than 19,000 people in the UK.

The Premier League, Women's Super League and English football leagues have suspended the 2019-20 season indefinitely, while the lower-league season in Scotland has ended.

Cricket in England and Wales remains suspended until 1 July.

The first nine races of the Formula 1 season have been called off with the British Grand Prix scheduled to take place in July.

The London Marathon, which had been set to take place this weekend, has been rescheduled for October.

Rugby union's Premiership clubs are working towards a best-case scenario of returning to action on the weekend of 3-5 July.

Golf's Open Championship, which had been set to take place in Kent in July, has been cancelled with the three other men's majors rescheduled.

The meetings are viewed as preparatory, and intended to avoid a further delay to seasons being resumed once approval is granted, rather than a sign that it was imminent. Indeed, there is an acceptance that the plans being put in place may not end up being implemented for months if progress elsewhere is not made.

Government officials have accepted that at this stage, sport would only be able to take place behind closed doors..........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/52423767

If my local town is anything to go by,a huge percentage of teens and young twentysomethings have forgotten completely about social distancing. I'm sure this is mirrored all across Ireland and the UK.
    Rightly or wrongly, footballers are seen as role models and if they (well a certain few) can't behave in their mansions, how can they expect lads in estates across England to do it.

Video clips were sent to a private Snapchat group showing women touching male guests’ crotches while others lap danced. The footage was captioned “quarantine clean”

Yup. A lot of commenters speculated why juventus sold him on the cheap. Suggested persona issues

I think it was the Southampton chairman that said, albeit early on in the process, that the government made it clear to the clubs that they wanted soccer (presumably other sports too) back as soon as possible for the public to enjoy or possibly even distract them.

It would be the start of normality resuming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Yup. A lot of commenters speculated why juventus sold him on the cheap. Suggested persona issues

By alot do you mean Souness? He is the only one I recall mentioning it.

By alot do you mean Souness? He is the only one I recall mentioning it.

I don’t recall anyone specific, I wouldn’t with my memory, but I do remember the general feeling it that it was a terrific price for a player with such promise.

On the few podcasts I listen to the suggestion was that he may come with baggage and hence the fee.

A gamble worth taking because if you get a player like that onside then you’re laughing however there’s always the risk his best intentions fall short.

Who was responsible for his purchase because my memory is that he got 1-2 opportunities but quickly fell down the pecking order.

I think Ancelotti said he had enquired about buying him previously so was delighted that he was already at Everton when he got the job. Has he got many minutes under Ancelotti ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If my local town is anything to go by,a huge percentage of teens and young twentysomethings have forgotten completely about social distancing. I'm sure this is mirrored all across Ireland and the UK.
    Rightly or wrongly, footballers are seen as role models and if they (well a certain few) can't behave in their mansions, how can they expect lads in estates across England to do it.
    Same where I am. Big difference in what people are doing this weekend compared to last weekend. Its just not realistic that as a society we can have in place the restrictions we have till a vaccine is found. Your already seeing a fair chunk of people flout the rules and thats while the majority of peoples income hasnt changed and the weather has been good. Ultimately as difficult as the restrictions are its been the perfect conditions for them to be upheld by most. Majoritys income the same, good weather, novelty factor and genuine fear of the unknown. These restrictions continue for a few more months the majority of society will start to have significantly reduced income and lockdown fatigue would kick in thats when the real issues would start.
    The goal has to be to try and get as many people back to work and education in a way that ensures our hospitals dont get overwhelmed. Behind closed doors sport is one of those groups to go back to work as you have the added benefit of it providing a distraction, entertainment for the general population.
    The alternative is lock up society till there is a vaccine, this will bring mental health issues, suicide, looting, poverty, no money to pay for healthcare, crime surge amongst other things.

Also noticed big flouting of restrictions. Unfortunately that may be end up hurting us with longer restrictions.

The way Harris was talking yesterday it'll be very slow relaxation of restrictions. Make a small change and review the consequence of said change after two weeks. If data is positive, make another slight change. If data is negative stay as is / roll back to stricter restrictions.

Will be a slow process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭poppers

FitzShane wrote: »
    Why is it only England that are being called greedy for wanting to resume their league but German, Spain, Italy etc are not?

There's a common collective that the majority of leagues want to resume but the main objective on these threads seems to be against the English only. I haven't seen anybody actively protesting against the other leagues resuming, only the English leagues.

If posters are honsent its Because Liverpool are not going to win those leagues

6 wrote: »
    Also noticed big flouting of restrictions. Unfortunately that may be end up hurting us with longer restrictions.

The way Harris was talking yesterday it'll be very slow relaxation of restrictions. Make a small change and review the consequence of said change after two weeks. If data is positive, make another slight change. If data is negative stay as is / roll back to stricter restrictions.

Will be a slow process.

It's been quiet where I have been, not many out. When you say flouting of restrictions do you mean house parties and big groups of people, because all I am seeing is families out.

It's been quiet where I have been, not many out. When you say flouting of restrictions do you mean house parties and big groups of people, because all I am seeing is families out.

Kids are starting to play with each other on the green. People going for walks with friends. Friends/families calling to houses and sitting in gardens talking.

Kids are starting to play with each other on the green. People going for walks with friends. Friends/families calling to houses and sitting in gardens talking.

Whatever about the rest, I do think families should be able to call to each other and sit in the garden if applicable. How do people know that its their friends they are walking with.

Whatever about the rest, I do think families should be able to call to each other and sit in the garden if applicable. How do people know that its their friends they are walking with.

Im just going on neighbours that I know. People are definetly doing things they werent doing the previous week . In all cases social distancing maintained even with kids playing so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

poppers wrote: »

First of all I think that the majority of people here would support teams in the English league more so than the other European leagues, so that's why its mentioned the most.

I don't know of many people that don't think Liverpool will be awarded the PL title.
    I don't think they will win it as I don't expect this season to finish, I hope I'm wrong as I want the PL back but I do expect them to be awarded it one way or another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

According to the UK government there is no shortage of test kits.
    They have capacity to cater for 50K a day and have talked about having that figure up to 100K a day by the end of the month (they'll likely fail on this target).
    So the football 50K tests (over a period of months) is not a significant number.

Where the UK have a test problem is in logistics - having the test centres in the correct places, open at the right times, getting the non-car people who need tests to these centres which ludicrously are often way out of town. The UK government has been frankly terrible at logistics. It's not a football issue per se though.

So you can rest assured that Mo Salah's test won't be what stops Nurse Mohammed in the NHS getting his test. If that's what you are concerned about. I suspect it's not your actual concern though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

*Reposting here as it was deleted from GPL thread as it was posted at the same time as mod warning.*
    The WHO also said last week there is no evidence of immunity and have completely backtracked on that this morning. They are not coming out of this well.

That doesnt mean that they shouldn't be listened too at all.. surely reviewing their statement and correcting themselves is a sign that they are analysing the data that they receive on a constant basis, they can only work with the data they are supplied. If the data points to the virus being in its infancy in the majority of countries, it's because of the data that they have been supplied with from those countries

I think the mistake Fifa/ Uefa are making is they havent considered moving to a calendar season. May 2021 is the deadline to finish 1 and a quarter seasons there is just no way that all games/competitions for that 1 and a quarter season can get completed by then. The worst thing that could happen is stop this season and starting a new season in september only to have to put a halt to it due to a spike in the winter. With the euros on next summer there is no leeway for extending the season then its two ruined seasons.

Trigger wrote: »
    *Reposting here as it was deleted from GPL thread as it was posted at the same time as mod warning.*

That doesnt mean that they shouldn't be listened too at all.. surely reviewing their statement and correcting themselves is a sign that they are analysing the data that they receive on a constant basis, they can only work with the data they are supplied. If the data points to the virus being in its infancy in the majority of countries, it's because of the data that they have been supplied with from those countries

I agree but their post last week scared the **** out of half people that read it, there was no need to post it. It was based on absolutely nothing factual.

I agree but their post last week scared the **** out of half people that read it, there was no need to post it. It was based on absolutely nothing factual.

It was based on the data that they had accumulated at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

According to the UK government there is no shortage of test kits.
    They have capacity to cater for 50K a day and have talked about having that figure up to 100K a day by the end of the month (they'll likely fail on this target).
    So the football 50K tests (over a period of months) is not a significant number.

Where the UK have a test problem is in logistics - having the test centres in the correct places, open at the right times, getting the non-car people who need tests to these centres which ludicrously are often way out of town. The UK government has been frankly terrible at logistics. It's not a football issue per se though.

So you can rest assured that Mo Salah's test won't be what stops Nurse Mohammed in the NHS getting his test. If that's what you are concerned about. I suspect it's not your actual concern though.

I'm not concerned about it, just pointing out what I heard on last nights news.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

First of all I think that the majority of people here would support teams in the English league more so than the other European leagues, so that's why its mentioned the most.

I don't know of many people that don't think Liverpool will be awarded the PL title.
    I don't think they will win it as I don't expect this season to finish, I hope I'm wrong as I want the PL back but I do expect them to be awarded it one way or another.

If and when there is another wave of the virus next autumn/winter and, as is probable no effective vaccine or treatment has been developed, then next season will suffer the same disruption as is happening now. I think it was a mistake for the Dutch and Belgian league bosses to take the action they have and hopefully the EPL decide to complete this season even if behind closed doors no matter how long it takes.

It was based on the data that they had accumulated at that time.

No it wasn't. They didnt know at the time. If you dont know something you shouldnt say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

If and when there is another wave of the virus next autumn/winter and, as is probable no effective vaccine or treatment has been developed, then next season will suffer the same disruption as is happening now. I think it was a mistake for the Dutch and Belgian league bosses to take the action they have and hopefully the EPL decide to complete this season even if behind closed doors no matter how long it takes.

I’m not sure I agree with the sentiments. Let’s say the league starts back in July and has to stop and start a few times, who wants to be watching season 2019\20 painfully dragged out into 2021?

Then there’s also the question of how this synchronizes up with Europe. How can English clubs enter European cups if the league isn’t finished?

I think its better if they can finish off league games but there’s a lot more practical reasons why resetting or voiding remaining games becomes more appropriate, especially as time goes on.

No it wasn't. They didnt know at the time. If you dont know something you shouldnt say it.

So let people who have recovered believe something they have no evidence of?

"There is currently no evidence" is based on the data that they had accumulated. Did you read the whole thread that they posted? They gave links, it was based on the antibody tests that they had been provided with at the time.. further tests had clarified that they will be some level of immunity.

If there was no scientific evidence at the time the best course of action is to state what the did to prevent people who had already been diagnosed and recovered false sense of security, they could basically say, well feck it I've already had it so I dont need to adhere to social distancing.

They couldnt at the time say that people where "risk free" They even acknowledged at the time that it might cause anxiety.

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1254160944638447618?s=19

Even now, with the data they have, they are saying "some level of protection" not even stating that they have full immunity

• Advertisement

So let people who have recovered believe something they have no evidence of?

"There is currently no evidence" is based on the data that they had accumulated. Did you read the whole thread that they posted? They gave links, it was based on the antibody tests that they had been provided with at the time.. further tests had clarified that they will be some level of immunity.

If there was no scientific evidence at the time the best course of action is to state what the did to prevent people who had already been diagnosed and recovered false sense of security, they could basically say, well feck it I've already had it so I dont need to adhere to social distancing.

They couldnt at the time say that people where "risk free" They even acknowledged at the time that it might cause anxiety.

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1254160944638447618?s=19

Even now, with the data they have, they are saying "some level of protection" not even stating that they have full immunity

The fact they have removed it says it all, there is no evidence that this virus doesnt make your brain explode but there is no need to tweet, virus may make your head explode. I just thought personally it caused quiet a bit of unnecessary panic, would you at least agree with me there.

This was the original post.

Drumpot wrote: »
    I’m not sure I agree with the sentiments. Let’s say the league starts back in July and has to stop and start a few times, who wants to be watching season 2019\20 painfully dragged out into 2021?

Then there’s also the question of how this synchronizes up with Europe. How can English clubs enter European cups if the league isn’t finished?

I think its better if they can finish off league games but there’s a lot more practical reasons why resetting or voiding remaining games becomes more appropriate, especially as time goes on.

I don't think anyone wants this current season dragged out until 2021. I wouldn't like that anyways.

If the current season does restart and has to stop again after let's say 3 or 4 games, I would be happy if they finished up then. The league would have done everything they could to get an overall fair final result of the leagues. Finish the season as is and all the positions stick. A fair attempt was made to give all teams a fair chance to finish but the league was unable to finish.

The fact they have removed it says it all, there is no evidence that this virus doesnt make your brain explode but there is no need to tweet, virus may make your head explode. I just thought personally it caused quiet a bit of unnecessary panic, would you at least agree with me there.

Nobody’s suggesting your brain will explode with the virus. Plenty are suggesting herd immunity as a strategy and some countries may make decisions based on the idea that infected people will have a decent immunity afterwards.

I’m more concerned that a lot of truths are being interpreted/painted as panic or being classed scaremongering. There needs to be open , honest conversations and full disclosure when discussing this virus. Not always possible and doesn’t always happen, but brandishing correct information “we don’t know if people are immune after recovering” as being tantamount to promoting panic doesn’t help.

It reminds me of how WHO were equally trying to encourage governments to communicate better with populations and to keep doing your best to reduce the amount infected. These are obvious statements that shouldn’t need to be made and in many regards fell on deaf ears. Whatever about debatable stuff, We need to shut up and take stock of information that is true. We don’t know if the virus gives a prolonged immunity, to follow a strategy that presumes it would be dangerous.

This was the original post.

The original tweets are images in that tweet.Of course the World Health Organisation should be releasing their findings during a pandemic, that's exactly what they are there for, if that causes panic so be it, but they are there to make these findings. They had data at the time that pointed to only a low level of immunity.. data changes constantly, they could find tomorrow that 90% of their cases that were tested did not have immunity afterwards, do you think they should release that data.

I know I would and I would rather get constant updates be it good or bad news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

poppers wrote: »

Going to be nicer about this one so I don't get another warning

No it's not. People's reactions to the pandemic do not centre about Liverpool.

Maybe it's to do with us being fans of that league so it being the one we'd naturally focus on.

As I said previously, if it goes past June 30th it can't continue with regards contracts ending. They can't force players to stay so suddenly squads are different and I doubt they could force teams not to use new players under EU law but I've not looked into it in much detail.

So suddenly Chelsea would have Ziyech, United maybe Sancho, City could have whoever, Bournemouth would not have Fraser and a few others. It's not the same season in practice and the only data we'd have about how this season would have gone is what's already in the can so would have to go by that.

Sure if they find a safe way to do it that doesn't turn into a ****show then fair enough. They're yet to manage it with golf and tennis but sure, have at it.

Liam O wrote: »

Maybe it's to do with us being fans of that league so it being the one we'd naturally focus on.

As I said previously, if it goes past June 30th it can't continue with regards contracts ending. They can't force players to stay so suddenly squads are different and I doubt they could force teams not to use new players under EU law but I've not looked into it in much detail.

So suddenly Chelsea would have Ziyech, United maybe Sancho, City could have whoever, Bournemouth would not have Fraser and a few others. It's not the same season in practice and the only data we'd have about how this season would have gone is what's already in the can so would have to go by that.

Sure if they find a safe way to do it that doesn't turn into a ****show then fair enough. They're yet to manage it with golf and tennis but sure, have at it.

Imagine a team in a relegation spot spending 50-100 mil on transfers and end up staying up. Unlikely to happen of course, but if it did happen it would be unfair to others who basically tried to finish the season with the squads they would of been stuck with had the season not been stopped.

Edit: how does cl and EL work with signings? Technically players are cup tied If they sign for a new club but technically they aren’t as traditionally June is start of new season...

The original tweets are images in that tweet.Of course the World Health Organisation should be releasing their findings during a pandemic, that's exactly what they are there for, if that causes panic so be it, but they are there to make these findings. They had data at the time that pointed to only a low level of immunity.. data changes constantly, they could find tomorrow that 90% of their cases that were tested did not have immunity afterwards, do you think they should release that data.

I know I would and I would rather get constant updates be it good or bad news

So your ok with them saying there is no immunity one week, immunity the next week and then no immunity the following week. Do you not think this kind of reporting undermines any confidence people will have in anything they say.

Liam O wrote: »

I would imagine leagues would just say you cant play for a new team till the 19/20 season finishes. I dont think any team would really argue otherwise given the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

I would imagine leagues would just say you cant play for a new team till the 19/20 season finishes. I dont think any team would really argue otherwise given the circumstances.

But can they.
    If it has already been agreed that the new window to transfer/register players starts on the 1st July and Chelsea have already a contractual obligation to sign on a player on this date should/can they be stopped.

Personally I see it getting very messy if the season isn't over/called by the end of June.

But can they.
    If it has already been agreed that the new window to transfer/register players starts on the 1st July and Chelsea have already a contractual obligation to sign on a player on this date should/can they be stopped.

Personally I see it getting very messy if the season isn't over/called by the end of June.

The whole thing is ****ed anyway, dates and contracts will all be up in the air.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement