Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD signed for delivery and left at wrong address

Options
  • 10-03-2020 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

So yesterday I was expecting a delivery from DPD having received the usual text message showing the hour in which they will deliver. The hour came and went and when I checked the tracking details again, it showed the package as signed for and delivered (none of my immediate neighbours have it). My surname was also spelt incorrectly on the signature. I rang my local depot and they were to ring the driver and I haven't heard another word.
    I emailed the seller last night, just not sure what to do now. Chase it up again with the courier or let the seller deal with it? I'm not sure where I would stand if it went to a paypal dispute as it shows delivered and signed for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Happens quite often with couriers. Especially DPD. Was there anyway they could have left it in a wheelie bin or over a side gate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Not a chance, I even had my driveway IP camera on which would sound a notification on my phone if anyone drove in. Seemingly they take GPS coordinates on their hand reader when an item is signed for, hoping they have this so I can prove it was delivered somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Thats my bug bear with any courier or an post. They will thrown in wheelie bin or behind the gate. I have complained as well but get no joy from them. It happened once of twice that the package would be put in wheelie bin and notification card lost and then the bin is collected for recycling along with package in it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Just to update this, the one neighbour I didn't check with had the package. It would have been so much easier if the courier simply rang in the first place to tell me where they left it!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

This happened me before Christmas, new driver on route, item was delivered to a completely different road and turned up with the postman a few days later. The depot were getting back to me any number of times and they never did! Glad you tracked yours down!

• Advertisement
Advertisement