Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a complaint to HSA

Options
  • 10-03-2020 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My employer is breaking their safety statement when it comes to the number of staff on duty during shifts this is putting the staff on duty in position of not being fully safe and or at risk.

Our employer has been informed by all staff that work those shifts about their concerns and that the staff know the safety statement is not being followed yet the employer continues to ignore it.

If a complaint is made to the HSA can my employer sack myself or the other staff members that make the complaint?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

My employer is breaking their safety statement when it comes to the number of staff on duty during shifts this is putting the staff on duty in position of not being fully safe and or at risk.

Our employer has been informed by all staff that work those shifts about their concerns and that the staff know the safety statement is not being followed yet the employer continues to ignore it.

If a complaint is made to the HSA can my employer sack myself or the other staff members that make the complaint?

They cant sack you, period. God help you if they do work it out it was you. You wont be sacked but they have their ways............ Look at other whistle blowers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Are they breaking any HSA rules regarding staffing numbers??

If it’s a self imposed limit by the company then there will be little to no ramifications for the company.

If/when they find out who made the complaint they can’t straight out sack you but there are many ways to peel a banana so you get to throw away the skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

_Brian wrote: »
    If/when they find out who made the complaint they can’t straight out sack you but there are many ways to peel a banana so you get to throw away the skin.

No they wont sack you, you will be fine.
    They will just give you the ****tiest jobs for two years straight, deny you promotion, give you assignments on the road at the far end of the country, impossible targets, you can forget about that pay increase, You are getting that office in the corner of the factory with the leaky pipe that never gets fixed......

They arent going to sack you they are going to have a little fun with you first. As for that reference ..... if you are really all that uncomfortable get out while you can and you can plea ignorance if anything happens later.

Advertisement