Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhat Sneaky and Mean!

Options
  • 10-03-2020 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

Can you please heed the advice that is been given by numerous sources..
    Stop bulk buying,. We all see it at the tills,.one or two people out of 10 or 12 in the que. The advice is NOT to bulk buy and shop as normal,.if this attitude catches on then we'll have so many other things to try and control rather than the obvious. I personally find it quite sneaky and kinda mean.. we're all in this together or not at all!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

No-one is going to stop me bulk-buying dishwasher salt. I’ll die on this rock(salt)!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭who what when

While I dont agree with all this bulk buying I dont see how you can call it sneaky. What's sneaky about lining up with your trolley, paying for your shopping and then heading off home?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I'd call it stupidity myself but thats what happens when people panic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

.. we're all in this together or not at all!?

No offence but we ALL aren't. I'm planning on offering help to my elderly neighbors if they need to isolate and I'm sure many are similarly socially inclined but do you really believe that Simon Harris' aul pair won't be going to the top of the queue for ICU if they need it to survive, or Leo's?

The responses to this will bring out the worst as well as the best in our natures and people bulk buying will be the least of it. There's already pharmacies profiteering and mass thefts of vital protective equipment from hospitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Hands off my stash of bog-roll or the only salt ye'll be hearing about will be that embedded in ye're arses at high velocity from an emptied-out 12-bore cartridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...we're all in this together or not at all!?

Tell me more about this option to not be in it at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Can you please heed the advice that is been given by numerous sources..
    Stop bulk buying,. We all see it at the tills,.one or two people out of 10 or 12 in the que. The advice is NOT to bulk buy and shop as normal,.if this attitude catches on then we'll have so many other things to try and control rather than the obvious. I personally find it quite sneaky and kinda mean.. we're all in this together or not at all!?

Were we in this together before today? First I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Some bulk buying is required if we need to self isolate for 2-3 weeks.

There's no need for some of the levels of stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

no need to stock up on food, plenty of long pig about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Can someone please... please... please... tell me why toilet paper is being bulk bought???

Surely, if you are ill (and the scutters is, not by all accounts, one of the symptoms of cronovirus) and not eating, having a sh1t will be less frequent...?????????

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Don't need another coronavirus thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement