Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Super Mario

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

I say we are getting a Lego super mario game this year and Lego sets

We know Nintendo love money and the fact this looks like something that will print money for all age groups so I say it’s going to be both,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I say we are getting a Lego super mario game this year and Lego sets

We know Nintendo love money and the fact this looks like something that will print money for all age groups so I say it’s going to be both,

As long as they are separate I don't really want another Lego Dimensions kinda thing

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

McLoughlin wrote: »
    As long as they are separate I don't really want another Lego Dimensions kinda thing

That did not cross my mind but I say they would have what’s it called again amibbo? Figures as again will print money for Nintendo,

Then if this works Lego everything Nintendo haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lego games got kinda old last gen. Lego Batman & Harry Potter were fun but there must be 40 Lego games at this stage & they all began to feel a bit too similar years ago.

Hopefully its just toy sets and they have something more exciting in terms of software for the latter of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Apparently, the new Lego Skywalker Saga game is supposed to be a breath of fresh air with those Lego games. They have, you're right, gotten very stale, so I'd have some optimism around a Lego game for Mario, particularly if it was a proper 2D style game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ya seen it. Not for us, it's for kids and it'll probably cost a small fortune. Not to mention the video contains multiple sets, or that they wouldn't even include some batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,110 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    Ya seen it. Not for us, it's for kids and it'll probably cost a small fortune. Not to mention the video contains multiple sets, or that they wouldn't even include some batteries.

Lego isn't for kids :angry: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That looks bloody cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can't watch the video but seeing that Mario, makes me think more of Duplo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

That looks kinda neat! I can definitely see a lega mario game coming at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

TitianGerm wrote: »

Certainly not at some of the insane prices of the bigger builds nowdays, I'm happy looking at the in store displays instead of paying.

TitianGerm wrote: »

No, but this is.

Looking at Mario's expression in the Lego video the other day, and seeing the cloud, it became obvious what he was trying to do. Trailblazer!
    ETEWKinXsAAg4rn?format=jpg&name=small

When you try to fart but you don't succeed
    You push so hard that your butt starts to bleed
    When you feel so bloated but you can't get relief
    Stuck in reverse

The LEGO Group today announced pre-order availability of the LEGO Super Mario Adventures with Mario Starter Course. Fans can now secure their own set of this upcoming and highly anticipated new product line, the result of a unique partnership with Nintendo. The new LEGO Super Mario product line features an interactive LEGO Mario figure that collects coins in real-life game levels created with LEGO bricks. Neither a video game nor a traditional LEGO brick-based set, it promises to change the way people interact with Super Mario in the physical world and engage in LEGO experiences.

Disclosed for the first time today by LEGO Design Lead Jonathan Bennink, fans will be able to begin exploring the fun-packed LEGO Super Mario universe with the Adventures with Mario Starter Course. This entry point set to the world of LEGO Super Mario is needed to unlock expansion sets and features seven action bricks for different interactions with the LEGO Mario figure that are only included in this set.

The LEGO Mario figure itself has LCD screens in his eyes, mouth and belly to display a wide variety of instant reactions to movement, color and action bricks. Also included is a speaker that plays iconic sounds and music from the video game series.

“Super Mario has continued to appear, always in a form adapted to the current hardware of the time.” said Takashi Tezuka, Executive Officer and Game Producer of Nintendo Co., Ltd. “I am thankful that in this project with the LEGO Group, Mario is jumping out of the digital world of game consoles and smart devices, and we are able to bring him into the world with a new, physical type of Mario play. It’s very exciting to think of LEGO Mario becoming a real friend to children and to picture them playing in their very own Mario world that they imagined themselves.”

Kids aged 6+ can build levels and play their own way, with action-packed challenges having lots of creative fun in a highly interactive experience. LEGO Mario is used to collect virtual coins as he runs and jumps from the Start Pipe to the Goal Pole via LEGO bricks, cloud platform, and clashes with the Goomba figure and Bowser Jr. figure.

The Starter Course can be combined with LEGO Super Mario Expansion Sets, which each unlock unique challenges and characters to play with and against friends. The first Expansion Sets, also revealed today, include the Piranha Plant Power Slide Expansion Set and the Bowser’s Castle Boss Battle Expansion Set. And because the products all include modular builds, fans are fully in charge of creating exactly the LEGO level course they want to see Mario come to life in.

Fans will also love the free LEGO Super Mario app by the LEGO Group, a supporting feature to further enhance the physical play experience. It keeps track of scores to encourage continuous rebuilding, as well as it provides digital building instructions with zoom and rotate viewing tools to make building easier, suggests other creative ways to build and play, and is a safe forum to share ideas with friends.

“We were thrilled to see the global reaction to news of LEGO Super Mario,” said Jonathan Bennink, Digital Design Lead on LEGO Super Mario, the LEGO Group. “Fans have been keen to learn more, so I am pleased that today we were able to reveal more details about this exciting new collaboration that has led to a reimagination of the LEGO building experience and an entirely new way to play inspired by the beloved video game icon, Super Mario. We can’t wait to see fans get creative and challenge each other with this highly engaging and social play experience.”

The full LEGO Super Mario assortment will launch Aug. 1st 2020, but fans can now pre-order the LEGO Super Mario Adventures with Mario Starter Course on
    www.lego.com/supermario-startercourse and from select leading retailers around the world.

The recommended retail price for the Starter Course is 59.99 EUR/USD, while the recommended retail price for the two expansion sets will be 29.99 USD/EUR for the Piranha Plant Power Slide Expansion Set and 99.99 USD/EUR for the Bowser’s Castle Boss Battle Expansion Set.

PR e-mail

LEGO Bowser's Castle Expansion Set Revealed for LEGO Mario! + Price & Date Confirmed!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ac50kTep6Aw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

How come the Megablox (or was it Knex?) sets never got this kind of love? They had mini level sets, end-of-level flags, pull-back motorised Karts, all the characters, and they were cheap in Smyths. Still have a couple of Donkey Kongs with Lego-compatible feet from blind bags somewhere, though it turns out that the heads were not as detachable as my kids insisted they were just before they broke them.

In fairness, these do look lovely. Lego is just special...

A closer look at LEGO Super Mario! with Lead Designer, Jonathan Bennink

https://youtube.com/watch?v=F5tL9Rloh8Y

Does the background remind you of anything? ;)
    Screenshot_20200407-124459.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Is he standing in a giant Wii U "U" ?

Is there going to be a Wii TU? A Switch with a co-processor dock maybe? That you can build out of lego? Aw yeah!

NEW LEGO Super Mario Power-Up Packs
    LEGO Mario now gets four Power-Up Packs that unlock entirely new ways to play with your levels! His wardrobe now contains the Fire Mario suit, the Propeller Mario suit, Cat Mario suit and the Builder Mario suit. All Power-Up Packs are available from 1st August 2020.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=q9Dp3I3723s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I imagine this whole range will be crazy expensive, even by Lego standards. They look great though.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

8 NEW LEGO Super Mario Expansion Sets!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XTgtDuEUhdY
    Expand your levels and discover new ways to play with 8 new Expansion Sets featuring Yoshi, King Boo, Thwomp and more! The LEGO Super Mario adventure begins on 1st August.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see reviews are coming out and the couple I looked at seem positive

BUYING EVERY ANNOUNCED LEGO SUPER MARIO TOY WILL COST YOU NEARLY $600
    Mama mia!!

Starter Course

- LEGO Super Mario Adventures with Mario Starter Course (59,99 USD/EUR)

Expansion sets

- LEGO Super Mario Guarded Fortress Expansion Set (49,99 USD/EUR)
    - LEGO Super Mario Desert Pokey Expansion Set (19,99 USD/EUR)
    - LEGO Super Mario Whomp’s Lava Trouble Expansion Set (19,99 USD/EUR)
    - LEGO Super Mario Piranha Plant Power Slide Expansion Set (29,99 USD/EUR)
    - LEGO Super Mario Boomer Bill Barrage Expansion Set (29,99 USD/EUR)
    - LEGO Super Mario Mario’s House & Yoshi Expansion Set (29,99 USD EUR)
    - LEGO Super Mario Toad’s Treasure Hunt Expansion Set (69,99 USD/EUR)
    - LEGO Super Mario Bowser’s Castle Boss Battle Expansion Set (99,99 USD/EUR)
    - LEGO Super Mario Thwomp Drop Expansion Set (39,99 USD/EUR - only at select retailers)
    - LEGO Super Mario King Boo and the Haunted Yard Expansion Set (49,99 USD/EUR- only at select retailers)

Power-up Packs

- LEGO Super Mario Fire Mario Power-Up Pack (9,99 USD/EUR)
    - LEGO Super Mario Propeller Mario Power-Up Pack (9,99 USD/EUR)
    - LEGO Super Mario Cat Mario Power-Up Pack (9,99 USD/EUR)
    - LEGO Super Mario Builder Mario Power-Up Pack (9,99 USD/EUR)

Character Packs

- LEGO Super Mario Character Packs (4,99 USD/3,99 EUR)

Altogether, you'll have to spend at least $589.75 / 579.75€ to purchase all the options out there. We say at least because you'd have to be extremely lucky to come away with a total that low. There are 10 different characters to get in the Character Packs, but they're all blind bags. In other words, you'd have to have 10 perfect pulls in order to get all 10 characters. In reality, you could buy a hundred different Character Packs and still not get a complete set!

https://gonintendo.com/stories/363229-buying-every-announced-lego-super-mario-toy-will-cost-you-nearly

I was saying this on Discord this morning. Think how much better you could spend all that money. And the thing is, chances are there could be more yet.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

sligeach wrote: »
    BUYING EVERY ANNOUNCED LEGO SUPER MARIO TOY WILL COST YOU NEARLY $600
    Mama mia!!

https://gonintendo.com/stories/363229-buying-every-announced-lego-super-mario-toy-will-cost-you-nearly

I was saying this on Discord this morning. Think how much better you could spend all that money. And the thing is, chances are there could be more yet.

It's expensive, but it's an electronically-enabled branded form of Lego using IP from a company famed for being pricey. None of that was ever going to be bargain-basement pricing, and I'm pretty sure you knew that when it was announced, never mind when the price list came out.

Also: If you bought a Wii U, I'm pretty sure you don't get to call out anyone else on whether they are sensibly spending their money or not :P ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Fysh wrote: »

It's expensive, but it's an electronically-enabled branded form of Lego using IP from a company famed for being pricey. None of that was ever going to be bargain-basement pricing, and I'm pretty sure you knew that when it was announced, never mind when the price list came out.

Also: If you bought a Wii U, I'm pretty sure you don't get to call out anyone else on whether they are sensibly spending their money or not :P ;)

The wiiu is a fantastic console. Some great games on there.

Advertisement