Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wifi issue help

Options
  • 10-03-2020 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

i have 320mb virgin media which to be honest has been faultless

now i have a 40inch samsung Qled Q7F ( good model ) connected to the wifi

and i have a iphone 11 pro max on it and my dinosaur laptop running win 7

my issue is this

iphone and laptop and ipads are faultless on it using mostly youtube and netflix etc

but the tv seems to constantly lag and not work right , but if i unplug the router and then plug back in , it seems to work ok on youtube and netlix , but then after a while goes back to lagging

i assume a tv of this quality should have a good internal wifi card

anybody any ideas as to what is causing this ? firewire on tv is latest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

1st thing I'd try is to factory reset the TV. Hold down the power button until it starts to reboot. After reboot you will have to go through the setup to reconnect to your wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Yeah it sounds like the TV is the issue, not the WiFi. What make/model is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

DopeTech wrote: »
    Yeah it sounds like the TV is the issue, not the WiFi. What make/model is it?

Samsung q7f qled

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Is it possible to cable it?

You streaming 4k? Any difference with standard HD?

what's the distance to the router? Any other electrical devices in the path?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

theteal wrote: »
    Is it possible to cable it?

You streaming 4k? Any difference with standard HD?

what's the distance to the router? Any other electrical devices in the path?

2 feet from router

netlix i have is SD , even youtube

nothing else near it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

2 feet? Is it a trip hazard to cable it up?

Wireless is only ever a fallback solution. I'd never rely on it for high bandwidth usage. TV streaming, games consoles etc should really be cabled. Fair enough if it's not possible but don't expect the same quality of service over WiFi.

Also, I would assume the opposite for your TV's wifi card, I'd expect a low end NIC in the Q9 let alone the Q7. I'm fairly sure these TV's still come with a 10/100 Eth port - I know last years models did.

Plug it in and see if it improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

The virgin superhub 3 is quite poor for WiFi I found, I ended up using it in modem mode paired with an Asus Router, which made every WiFi device work at full speed which was 500mbps compared to the 50-100Mbps they were getting before hand

This does sound more like a TV issue though as it appares to be a ram issue in the PC something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

google the issue! Others are fixing as per my post above.

Advertisement