Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Price Register

Options
  • 10-03-2020 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

How long does it take for a property to list?

Looking at Sandyford apartments. Last year many were sale agreed but they are not on the list after 6+ months.

The company have deleted the advertisement after sale agreed. I know 5-6 apartments but not listed. How come?

Can there be problems after the money is paid to the seller but cannot register the apartment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Sale agreed doesn't mean they're sold, the sale may have fallen through.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,784 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There are an awful lot of typos on the register, so you may need to search around for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 apt2view

Sale agreed doesn't mean they're sold, the sale may have fallen through.

5-6 sales falling? I know some are back advertised again but what happened to other 5-6? They have also removed the advertisements so you cannot see them anymore.

I wanted to know if the apartment really did not sell or there is a problem with the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

The list isn't great - think of as many combinations of an address as you can and thats what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

The house next door was added 3 weeks after it went SOLD.
    She agreed phase can post a long time, and may or may not result in a sale. The register is as (in)reliable as any Irish database

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

L1011 wrote: »
    There are an awful lot of typos on the register, so you may need to search around for something.

Not just typos, it seems some go out of their way to obfuscate it. I also don't understand why in this day and age they aren't required to include the BER number on it (that's been a legal requirement to sell a house for more than a decade now?)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

As far as I can tell, there is zero data sanitisation on it. Anything can be entered really. Try to isolate your search to a single word like the basic estate name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

Rulmeq wrote: »
    Not just typos, it seems some go out of their way to obfuscate it. I also don't understand why in this day and age they aren't required to include the BER number on it (that's been a legal requirement to sell a house for more than a decade now?)

Inclusion of an Eircode might be more useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Would need a overhaul of how Eircodes are assigned.

Would need a overhaul of how Eircodes are assigned.

Agreed, but for this purpose all sold houses on the PPR should already have an eircode. Plus the Gov are trying to get people to use them, sends a bad signal if one of their own agencies will not include them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Mav11 wrote: »
    Agreed, but for this purpose all sold houses on the PPR should already have an eircode. Plus the Gov are trying to get people to use them, sends a bad signal if one of their own agencies will not include them!

The left hand doesn't even know when it moves itself let alone what the right hand is doing.

An Phost didn't even want the codes. The whole thing was caught up with privacy laws that other post code systems don't have to deal with because they already existed.

Mav11 wrote: »
    Inclusion of an Eircode might be more useful.
    It should have both, the BER gives you the size, and materials along with the energy rating which will become more and more important.

It should have both, the BER gives you the size, and materials along with the energy rating which will become more and more important.

Certainly, but the eircode would help with identifying properties on the PPR and mitigate against the obfuscation tactics used by some to try to conceal sales prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

The register is generated from Stamp Duty returns.
    To collect this duty doesn't require any info about the size or composition.
    Therefore there is no legal basis for Revenue to collect it. So in line with data minimization rules, they can't collect it just because secondary users would find it helpful.

wench wrote: »
    The register is generated from Stamp Duty returns.
    To collect this duty doesn't require any info about the size or composition.
    Therefore there is no legal basis for Revenue to collect it. So in line with data minimization rules, they can't collect it just because secondary users would find it helpful.
    You do understand that I'm saying we should change the rules, and the BER itself is a public record.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

apt2view wrote: »
    Looking at Sandyford apartments. Last year many were sale agreed but they are not on the list after 6+ months.
    Which apartments. I'll have a look.

Advertisement