Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tap transactions

Options
  • 10-03-2020 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭

Quick question for you - I know the limit per transaction is €30 but how many transactions are allowed per day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Jos28,

Thanks for checking this us here today on Boards.ie.

Although contactless is just as secure as chip and pin transactions. As an extra precaution from time to time you will be asked to enter you PIN to complete the transaction.

We hope this information helps.

Many thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Hi Jos28,

Thanks for checking this us here today on Boards.ie.

Although contactless is just as secure as chip and pin transactions. As an extra precaution from time to time you will be asked to enter you PIN to complete the transaction.

We hope this information helps.

Many thanks,
    Richard
    Hi Richard, my question was, how many transactions are allowed per day ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bank of Ireland: Eoin

Hi Jos28,

Thank you for getting back to us with this.

There is no daily limit on Contactless transactions however you may be asked to put in your PIN number after a number of Contactless transactions; once the PIN transaction is completed you can then continue to use Contactless transactions again for a number of Transactions before a PIN is requested again and so on.

I hope this answers your question.

Many thanks,
    Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

There is no daily limit on Contactless transactions however you may be asked to put in your PIN number after a number of Contactless transactions; once the PIN transaction is completed you can then continue to use Contactless transactions again for a number of Transactions before a PIN is requested again and so on.

I've never had to enter a pin involving a transaction under 30 euro....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bank of Ireland: Eoin

Hi parttime,

Thank you for getting in touch here on Boards.ie,

You may not need to enter a PIN number if the transactions are under 30 euro however you may be required to enter the PIN from time to time for Security. 

If, for example, you made two transactions of 10 euro using Contactless and then you needed to make a transaction of 60 euro after putting in the PIN the Contactless counter would then be reset again.

I hope this helps,

Thanks,
    Eoin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I think Eoin is a bot.

Advertisement