Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 8, Thomas Street

Options
  • 10-03-2020 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Everyone,

I need your suggestions for Dublin 8 (Around Thomas Street - BridgeFoot Street, Lidl, St Catherine's Church).

How good this area is to live in terms safety, anti-social behaviour etc? any comment on other aspects ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

It's where I scored my first 10 spot.

Thanks for the memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

The place is an absolute hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Fka wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I need your suggestions for Dublin 8 (Around Thomas Street - BridgeFoot Street, Lidl, St Catherine's Church).

How good this area is to live in terms safety, anti-social behaviour etc? any comment on other aspects ?

Thanks in advance

Wouldn't go near it to be honest, even as a visitor not to mind as a potential resident. Wouldn't call it safe, so many junkies and other undesirables around and plenty of anti social behaviour. Spent many years driving through that area, even from the car I saw so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Quays isnt too bad. Lived in the area for ten years and it's a lively spot but no where near as bad as people here are making out. I personally wouldnt live on Bridgefoot street purely as it's majority social housing and youd be seen as a blow in. All that said there is a massive Simon rehab place going in on Island st. So there's going to be a lot of construction work.

Any specific questions fire them up and I'll try and answer them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SantaClaw

I lived further down the road and had friends live in the area you mentiond. Its not going to win any awards for nicest part of town any time soon. However unless you feel threated by people asking for change and the occasional drunk, its a perfectly fine place to live.

I walked along there for work every day with no issues plus plenty late night walks home from the pub. Never had any trouble, might be I am just lucky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement