Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Covid 19 save Ireland from Sinn Fein?

Options
  • 11-03-2020 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭

I think it might force FF and FG to align and keep SF at bay.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Pkiernan wrote: »

spongebob-squarepants-patrick-nickelodeon.jpg?fit=670%2C377

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Meh.

Here we go again on the carousel. The SF paranoia will never cease, nor the unsubstantiated nonsense that inevitably follows.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,557 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I think most people just want a government in place to run the place in this time of crisis. Housing isn't even on the radar now, and that was the main election issue. Things change very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

Pkiernan wrote: »

Unfortunately not. FG/FF together is exactly what SF want. It's a step to an overall majority for then in a couple of elections. If you want a historical parallel look up how Hitler and the Nazis sat in the German Parliament in permanent opposition to everything until they eventually came to power. Sinn Fein will basically copy the Nazi strategy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

touts wrote: »
    Unfortunately not. FG/FF together is exactly what SF want. It's a step to an overall majority for then in a couple of elections. If you want a historical parallel look up how Hitler and the Nazis sat in the German Parliament in permanent opposition to everything until they eventually came to power. Sinn Fein will basically copy the Nazi strategy.

1ifbh3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

All the parties look like idiots.

Ireland has increased public spending by 13 billion since 2016. FFS 13 billion and where are the improvements in public services?

Not one party in opposition said this was too much. They wanted the government to spend more.

But to top it off nobody called for reform of the way we spend. That hasn't happened for years.

Well you know what? All this spending may have to be cut back. Their election pledges are likely to look incredibly stupid by June 2020.

I don't think so. We have got this under control. There will be some deaths unfortunately. When this blows over in next 12 months, I feel SF will still have a significant vote even if this distracts people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

FF/FG/Green was going to happen at some point, the Coronavirus has just lit a fire under Michael and Leo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

I don't think so. We have got this under control. There will be some deaths unfortunately. When this blows over in next 12 months, I feel SF will still have a significant vote even if this distracts people.

Head in the sand stuff.

The economy is collapsing in Italy. We are next.

Huge austerity is on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Give it a rest

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement