Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stem cell hair transplants

• 11-03-2020 12:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭

I've just noticed there are a number of clinics offering these now and reporting very promising results.
    Basically it seems they take some fat from abdomen so some stuff with it and then inject it into scalp.
    There is another clinic taking a sample from hairline at rear of head and inject it.

Does anyone in here have any knowledge of these? I'm wanting to switch from finasteride but I am nervous of new treatments.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Wouldn't trust this procedure at all, have read some guys reporting absolutely zero results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I don't want a ht. A work colleague got one and despite paying good money for it the hairline is awful.
    I do want off finasteride though. The temples are receding badly now so I don't know what my options are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

I don't want a ht. A work colleague got one and despite paying good money for it the hairline is awful.

It all depends on who the surgeon is. Where did your colleague get it done? Was it an FUE transplant?

Yeah id second that where did he get it done? Well them stem cell transplants are a total waste of time from what i have heard, if it was that easy all the celebs would be doing the procedure.

• Advertisement

Hungary - Budapest. Not sure of the name.

Yeah man some transplants dont look great, seen some from uk docs (farjo and others) and they look terrible like hair didnt grow at all like ashley barnes the footballer and reality star ben jardine, if you saw there Instagrams you would see they were failures, but i would be 100% confident in saying that stem cell transplant are a total waste of money.

So how can a UK based company promote these then if there is no proof of outcome with them? I can understand why some of the other countries may have looser regulations in regards to false advertising, but how can it be sold to the public if it is non effective?

And yes, it was a FUE - not a strip.

There has been hair loss promotions with donkeys years that never done anything, at most this may thicken existing hair, it simply will not regrow new hair to any beneficial cosmetic appearance. I read on hairloos talk forum about a few guys who have got this done and it done nothing just made there pockets empty.

Just read abit on vie aesthetics website, as i thought they say it works to add density(thicken existing hair) and promote new growth. Man caffeine shampoo promotes the same, also says when uses in conjunction with approved meds, you are not going to know what is actually helping, but i guarantee you wont get any significant cosmetic benefit, save your money and get a transplant from a known doc if hairloss bothers you enough. Also hairloss improvement is mainly subjective, thats why these companies can promote what they like. They are not saying you will have x amount of new hair etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement