Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 27in crt monitors.

• 11-03-2020 12:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Item: 10x Brunswick 27in crt monitors
    Collection only from Clonmel. These are very heavy.
    Price: Free

There are approx 15 years old so well used.
    They are model No. 57-500032
    100/120 VAC 50/60Hz 1A
    200/240 VAC 50/60 Hz 0.5A.

They have just been removed from ceiling over the last two days would prefer to have someone actually benefit from them rather than binning them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Hello!

I'd take a couple. Where are you, though?

Are they open frame or do they have a case?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

id also be interested in 1 or 2 thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

27" awesome, if you have pics id be interested in 1

Very cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Wow, very very generous! I'd love to have room to take one

Formally offering for 2.

Edit: Does anyone want me to collect more, or even the lot, and keep them for collecting later? PM if so.

Formally offering for 2.

Edit: Does anyone want me to collect more, or even the lot, and keep them for collecting later? PM if so.

That’s no problem you’re more than welcome to take them all of you want.

F34 wrote: »
    That’s no problem you’re more than welcome to take them all of you want.

OK. I'll collect and store for the others unless they want to collect for themselves.

OK. I'll collect and store for the others unless they want to collect for themselves.

Great stuff. There are in the bowling Alley in Clonmel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Those look deadly.

I'm packed to the gills with CRT's at the moment. Do something good with them lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

F34 wrote: »
    Great stuff. There are in the bowling Alley in Clonmel.

Thanks @F34 and @MontgomeryClift.

Both very generous of you. 1 for me please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,097 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Would be worth it if someone popped down just to power one on and see if theres any screen burn.

15 years of bowling alley score grids might be burned into them. Hopefully not! :)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Would be worth it if someone popped down just to power one on and see if theres any screen burn.

15 years of bowling alley score grids might be burned into them. Hopefully not! :)

Yes, they could be bad, but I'll see when I get there. Even if the tubes are bad, the chassis might be useful.

I got six of these so far. I'll get the rest later in the week.

The good news is they have no burn, on account of the way the display was refreshed regularly.

Inside they're a Ceronix CGA monitor. The only add-on is a signal processing board that can be bypassed as described on this page:
    http://raster-burn.net/wordpress/tag/ceronix/

I'm trying out one, and it degaussed and powered on briefly before going off again, but that might be because it had no signal. Inputs to the signal board are Molex .062 12-way connectors. I've ordered some of those to see if input from a console or arcade setup can be sent to the signal panel. It depends on whether it accepts composite video as composite sync.

The metal brackets for hanging the monitors are also there, if anyone has a notion to hang a pair of monitors from the ceiling.

Thanks to F34 for keeping these and offering them here.

Very cool.
    Any pics of them ?

Yes.

I'm not sure these will be much good to anyone playing console games. I gave up trying to send signals to the inputs on the case. The monitor just shuts down because certain signals are missing, and these probably must come from a control panel somewhere.

I bypassed the signal board, and got the monitor to display from an arcade board, so that's what these are useful for - either displaying arcade boards at home in a relatively safe monitor with a case, or as replacement arcade monitors when they're out of the case.

They look like they have a nice picture.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement