Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Closing Schools - What about working parents !!!

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The numbers are here - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR1oYV9cwZq9JIgRoYTfoZNefJNo6ISMVp1dH0hrP8jIJfyZrP5PoMQmYyU

I feel sorry for families where both parents are front line workers that have no family to mind the kids locally.

Give me an example where a teacher was sacked for something that wasn't an extreme circumstance, like assault or sexual assault?
    Come back to me when you find any example of any public servant who was ever sacked for anything bar that.

Seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

So the primary children didn’t get any work to do at all? Most unusual, I’d say . We had less than 4 hours to sort some work today and all classes got a list to complete.

Sorry only getting to reply to this now. Yes, what I said is correct & as of yesterday received a message via Aladdin from principal stating same.
    That applies from junior to 6th class. Recommended to read, do projects etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Any chance the schools here will open for the children of front line workers like the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

denis160 wrote: »
    Sorry only getting to reply to this now. Yes, what I said is correct & as of yesterday received a message via Aladdin from principal stating same.
    That applies from junior to 6th class. Recommended to read, do projects etc.

Twinkl are providing free access to parents and there are plenty of useful things there. A lot of schools have also put up work on their own websites so maybe check out local school websites. Grow in love, Folens, Ed Co Books and Nessy are also offering free use of their materials. If anyone needs help accessing these, just PM me :) I'd imagine all info is on their homepage re. registering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Any chance the schools here will open for the children of front line workers like the UK?

Nope

jellybear wrote: »
    Twinkl are providing free access to parents and there are plenty of useful things there. A lot of schools have also put up work on their own websites so maybe check out local school websites. Grow in love, Folens, Ed Co Books and Nessy are also offering free use of their materials. If anyone needs help accessing these, just PM me :) I'd imagine all info is on their homepage re. registering.

Twinkle very good, have already downloaded a load of stuff from them & we’re working through them. Have other apps we’re working through too. Some good sporty videos on YouTube etc to give us a breather too when neede!

heldel00 wrote: »
    Nope

Are there not some childcare facilities doing this? Thought I had read that somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Individual childcare workers have offered their services to frontline staff but that's as far as it goes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement