Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sterling account

• 11-03-2020 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭

Quick query
    I want a sterling account at a traditional bank that i can swap funds into from revolut or similar and then pay for car in uk when i find the right car.
    Looking at some of the offerings, they appear to be business only or are otherwise restricted to prevent customers bypassing their costly currency conversions.
    Is there an irish bank doing such an account.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭wally79

mickdw wrote: »
    Quick query
    I want a sterling account at a traditional bank that i can swap funds into from revolut or similar and then pay for car in uk when i find the right car.
    Looking at some of the offerings, they appear to be business only or are otherwise restricted to prevent customers bypassing their costly currency conversions.
    Is there an irish bank doing such an account.

Can you not just pay for the car from Revolut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

wally79 wrote: »
    Can you not just pay for the car from Revolut?

Yes but it would be a large sum and while revolut does everything i need, the money might be sitting in sterling for a while and revolut doesnt give me enough confidence to use it in that manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

i know Bank of Ireland NI will open sterling accounts for people who live in the Republic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    i know Bank of Ireland NI will open sterling accounts for people who live in the Republic.

Thanks.
    Might go for that.

Advertisement