Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

From Homeland Security:
    Release Date: March 11, 2020
    (WASHINGTON) Today President Donald J. Trump signed a Presidential Proclamation, which suspends the entry of most foreign nationals who have been in certain European countries at any point during the 14 days prior to their scheduled arrival to the United States. These countries, known as the Schengen Area, include: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland. This does not apply to legal permanent residents, (generally) immediate family members of U.S. citizens, and other individuals who are identified in the proclamation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

"the virus will not have a chance against us"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/11/health/us-coronavirus-cases-wednesday/index.html

This is the moronic words from trump! He is living in the same world as boris johnson,two pathetic imbeciles who think they are above this thing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

The cat is out wrt the virus and it's not going back in. Trump's move is purely political as the virus is already well established in several US communities. Stopping trade with Europe will not stop the spread in the US.

In case you forgot, 2008-2011 was a real **** time to be alive - no one wants to see those days return.

buckle up princess cause trump says we're going back! I can see how restricting travel makes containment alot easier though.. seems america are getting serious about it and its ruffling alot of feathers as people are upset about money.

Stopping flights from hot spots would be no good as people have said here people will fly from another eu country, so he has stopped a large chunk of potential carriers from entering the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Unless there is more to come out, Ireland (with pre clearance), and UK airports will become hubs for Schengen countries to US surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Imagine being a Liverpool fan. 30 years. 30 years. And it’s the biggest anticlimax in history. They won’t even get to experience it as a collective. I actually don’t like it though, it’s funny but actually shows the human consequence of this, something that brings joy to people, now deprived of it. First world problem but sympathize none the less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Watching CNN. Only Shengen area countries it seems.

Political move plain and simple

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

I'm due to fly to NY with husband and kids at 11am tomorrow. What a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Cupatae wrote: »
    buckle up princess cause trump says we're going back! I can see how restricting travel makes containment alot easier though.. seems america are getting serious about it and its ruffling alot of feathers as people are upset about money.

Yeah, cos you need money to live.

It's not just about money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

The horror that any country would ban travel from Ireland is kinda funny considering the number of posters who wanted us to ban travel from certain countries.

Also snow here.

Also many hours past bedtime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Tomorrow the EU will ban all flight to/from the US :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

If your in Ireland your OK as Ireland is exempt as confirmed by Homeland Security.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I reckon the ban it won't stay as cast iron shut tomorrow, feels like a unilateral move that no-one saw coming and hasn't been fully thought through. A total ban of people and cargo feels OTT.

But, yeah, some change from The Don essentially not giving a shyte a few days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Ireland not included in flight ban - you're good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,253 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Its not till friday I dont think? But to be honest its about to kick off over there big time I think you'd be mad to go unless its home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Unless there is more to come out, Ireland (with pre clearance), and UK airports will become hubs for Schengen countries to US surely?

14 days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    If you think that’s bad, the NBA season has been suspended. Seems to be of more concern on US network TV.

The baseball season is due to start in a few weeks too isn`t it? Will that be suspended as well I wonder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Imagine being a Liverpool fan. 30 years. 30 years. And it’s the biggest anticlimax in history. They won’t even get to experience it as a collective. I actually don’t like it though, it’s funny but actually shows the human consequence of this, something that brings joy to people, now deprived of it. First world problem but sympathize none the less

As a united fan...this is like the universe's way of dampening the effects of there win... but pool winning in the first place was a sure sign of the apocalypse starting we should have known.

Nah all jokes aside it ll be pretty **** for em.

Tippex wrote: »
    Watching on CNN Dhs said it only applies to people who have been in shengen countries within 14 days prior to travel to the US.

CNN are ripping them over the announcement.

That are also not permanent resident/citizens of the US.

Utterly moronic. Pure politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Tippex wrote: »
    Watching on CNN Dhs said it only applies to people who have been in shengen countries within 14 days prior to travel to the US.
    So they have to fart about here for two weeks before travel?? Jeez..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ES36gO0WkAAzlaD?format=png&name=900x900

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

That are also not permanent resident/citizens of the US.

Utterly moronic. Pure politics.

The Dept of Homeland Security Statement doesn't say that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Arghus wrote: »
    I reckon the ban it won't stay as cast iron shut tomorrow, feels like a unilateral move that no-one saw coming and hasn't been fully thought through. A total ban of people and cargo feels OTT.

But, yeah, some change from The Don essentially not giving a shyte a few days ago.

Trump is a looper pure and simple but a dangerous powerful looper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

The baseball season is due to start in a few weeks too isn`t it? Will that be suspended as well I wonder.

I anticipate it will be delayed. I have a call with a client on friday that sponsors the brewers so I am likely to find out then.

Graham wrote: »
    The Dept of Homeland Security Statement doesn't say that.

Read it:
    This does not apply to legal permanent residents, (generally) immediate family members of U.S. citizens, and other individuals who are identified in the proclamation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Imagine how it’s gonna feel when life goes back to normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

That's the advantage of having preclearance. They can refuse passengers at source.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

GM228 wrote: »
    If your in Ireland your OK as Ireland is exempt as confirmed by Homeland Security.

If they haven’t been to any schengen country in the last 14 days, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Pseudonym121

Mwengwe wrote: »
    All the eye-rolling in the world doesn't change the fact that people still need to pay their rent.

Not if they’re dead they don’t. People still don’t seem to be understanding quite where this could end up unless we take decisive action as a nation and as individuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Tom Hanks has Coronavirus.
    About 50% of the planet will get it, care not for singular celeb cases in that context, although he's a decent enough fellow all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Tom Hanks has Coronavirus.

He is self isolating on an island with a chap called Wilson.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement