Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Imagine how it’s gonna feel when life goes back to normal.

I wish I shared your optimism

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Europe should ban all flights from the US immediately, and strand Leo over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

fritzelly wrote: »
    Tomorrow the EU will ban all flight to/from the US :rolleyes:

Speaking politically if this does happen Ireland will have a very split loyalty and ultimately must act unilaterally and resist.

We can and should close the borders to hotspots, for sure Italy, particularly affected cities, maybe impose quarantine. But blanket banning the US is a step too far. It would destroy any economy the 99.5% of survivors have left to enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

ES36gO0WkAAzlaD?format=png&name=900x900

So the ban is on anyone who has been in Europe recently, not just EU citizens. Even a Brazilian or a South African who has visited a Schengen country cannot fly on to the US.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Read it:

The ban applies to these..... It does not apply to those....

(paraphrasing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Tom Hanks has Coronavirus.

He will be okay with Wilson to keep him company whilst he is in isolation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

So it's just Europe (ex. UK) included in the flight ban? Not Asia or Australia?

Why single out Europe only?

Because Trump is a simpleton with very low intelligence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

Well, here goes the market: Dow futures : -1,128.50

Hate to be economic, but it's just going to be a bit of massive economic meltdown tomorrow with serious repercussions for years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

CNN are absolutely tearing into Trump and rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Xertz wrote: »

Being very conservative there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

pad199207 wrote: »

What Trump did here is right, he should have done its weeks ago and Ireland and the UK should be banned too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

About 50% of the planet will get it, care not for singular celeb cases in that context, although he's a decent enough fellow all the same.

Oh great, we'll have Vogue Williams doing a program on her having in on RTE 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Pseudonym121

About 50% of the planet will get it, care not for singular celeb cases in that context, although he's a decent enough fellow all the same.

I’m sorry to hear him get it, I like Tom Hanks but, yeah, he won’t be the last to get it and some famous people are going to die - which might make it real for some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Trump took one look at Ita/Fra/Spa/Germany and made the correct choice.

One problem with leaving the uk open (and Dub?) to travel however, is that hundreds of thousands of highly mobile eu/int'l folks (all potential carriers) will now flood into London, Man, Glas and any other airport serving the states.

The uk will move into 'Phase 2' from tommorow onwards - which is sooner than expected.

ps. Who gives a flying monkey bat about some film celeb, even if he made a couple of decent films.
    This is a biblical pandemic underway, likely 5% of the global population won't exist by end of Summer.

Ah now I understand some of the doomsdayers. Bible thumpers. Should have known.

Time to bow out of this thread for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Xertz wrote: »

source.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Trump is a looper pure and simple but a dangerous powerful looper.

But not a war monger like Hillary would have been. So there is that at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

pad199207 wrote: »

Do they ever do anything else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

''It has been shown that green tea extract exert potent antiviral effects against a variety of human infecting viruses including influenza viruses''

Can't harm for sure, could be different between the tipping point of life and death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

theguzman wrote: »
    What Trump did here is right, he should have done its weeks ago and Ireland and the UK should be banned too.

How could he do it weeks ago while saying covid-19 it was a conspiracy by the democrats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Not if they’re dead they don’t. People still don’t seem to be understanding quite where this could end up unless we take decisive action as a nation and as individuals.

You really are the harbinger of doom - every single post of yours is doom and gloom, listen to what I'm saying, mark my words....

Starting to think you are one of the more elaborate trolls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Actually he won't. The small jet remaining of the two the Air Corps once had doesn't have the range to travel to the US.

Apparently Trump has spared the UK from the ban, for no proper reason as usual, so Leo can come home via London.

It can be done if they refuel in Iceland an/or Greenland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Graham wrote: »
    From a logic perspective, it's an EITHER/OR not an AND.

The ban applies to these..... It does not apply to those....

(paraphrasing)

It doesn't apply to legal permanent residents.

US Citizens will be allowed to re-enter the US. Foreign Nationals won't.

It also means that trying to get around the ban and flying via third country won't be possible without lying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

‘English Premier League to by postponed, no winner this year”

Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I wonder will Trump still want to use Shannon?

Upside of this is that Dublin Airport is well placed to capitalise with no APD and US pre clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I’m sorry to hear him get it, I like Tom Hanks but, yeah, he won’t be the last to get it and some famous people are going to die - which might make it real for some.

Chuck Norris turned 80 yesterday. He had a birthday cake made out of coronavirus and anthrax. He blew out all 80 candles by blinking.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,253 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

BloodBath wrote: »

What do you think might happen so? Do you think the virus will stop for some reason? Or are you just in denial? This time last week I was agreeing with you by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Wall St may aswell halt tomorrow’s trading now

Meanwhile, we have the snow in Naas now

67-C240-D5-1423-4846-9-E7-F-64-AE4-E31-F270.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

BloodBath wrote: »

'Realist' (while you've been dismissing this as a bit of a cold for weeks now).
    And if this isn't a Pandemic of what could be called 'biblical proportions', you'd be right to get your coat.

Anyway expect you'll be awating some sort of bloodbath, to wallow in, Bloodbath, my, what a cherry little name to choose!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement