Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

One minute people are saying trump won't do anything because he's obsessed with the economy then when he does do something for benefit of the US he gets ridiculed anyway.

Yep, and as others have pointed out this place has been calling for travel bans into Ireland but once Trump does it in the US people are up in arms.

In other news India has suspended visas for a month, so no foreginers allowed into India for a while.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,797 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

EDit wrote: »
    I think I know the answer to this, but is Trump’s comment about the US outbreak being seeded by people from Europe based on fact or is it easier (and more economically sound) to blame Europe than China?

He blames Europe for not banning flights from China....
    So he's an equal opportunities xenophobe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Xi visits Wuhan.

Such reassuring imagery for the prisoners citizens

maxresdefault.jpg

1398122010550869719885854.jpg

We love the leader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Because what he has done is pretty much pointless!

It might prevent Europeans going into the US and getting infected there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,564 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

antodeco wrote: »
    The fact that flights aren't banned for Ireland and UK, does this mean we could have an influx of people coming to Ireland to get to the US, or will they stop anybody entering the US who was in another country beforehand?

If you were in shengen in the last 14 days you can’t travel. How will they check this given that we don’t stamp passports in the EU...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,275 ✭✭✭✭rob316

One minute people are saying trump won't do anything because he's obsessed with the economy then when he does do something for benefit of the US he gets ridiculed anyway.

Because people are so obsessed by him and all they know is outrage. Its sad really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Jucifer

lawred2 wrote: »
    So close everything?

How does the nation feed itself?

Agreed, simpler measures such as advising people who can work from home to do so are more appropriate. The large organisation I work from is waiting on HSE guidance before telling us we can do so more than once per week. This will reduce density on public transport and in workplaces etc and help flatten the curve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,347 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

macnug wrote: »
    I dont think its flights that are banned its people who are not Americans. Although flights will probably get cancelled from a lack of demand.

No, people who are permanent residents, aka green card holders and their immediate families are allowed in, they are non americans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,641 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I think I know the answer to this, but is Trump’s comment about the US outbreak being seeded by people from Europe based on fact or is it easier (and more economically sound) to blame Europe than China?
    He's not blaming Europe instead of China, but as well as. A travel ban of this kind is already in place with respect to China.

To answer your question, no, so far as I know there is no evidence that the US outbreak has been "seeded" by travellers from the EU. But this is in the context that US testing has been so woefully inadequate that the spread of the virus has not been effectively mapped at all. The first US case of the virus was a man who caught it in Wuhan, but there isn't enough evidence to trace most cases to any particular source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,275 ✭✭✭✭rob316

sydthebeat wrote: »
    He blames Europe for not banning flights from China....
    So he's an equal opportunities xenophobe

He's half right, the world should of banned flights from China.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

We love the leader

Nana nana nana leader....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,641 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    No, people who are permanent residents or green card holders are allowed in
    Plus anyone else, as long as they haven't been in Schengenland in the preceding 14 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The biggest outbreak/cluster is in Washington state and originated from travel to Wuhan in China. Trump is a moron.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

All posts eventually lead to Trump.
    If he stood down as president the same people who wanted him to stamd down would still be moaning about him standing down.

Not surprising really.

Same with Varadkar, there's literally nothing he could do that some jumped up expert on Boards wouldn't castigate him for.

He could have been testing his population for the disease instead of ignoring it and actively telling people to ignore it and that it will all just disappear by April like a miracle.. he could also have stopped holding campaign Rallies

nthclare wrote: »
    All posts eventually lead to Trump.
    If he stood down as president the same people who wanted him to stamd down would still be moaning about him standing down.

No they wouldn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

khalessi wrote: »
    I am sitting here awake tears in my eyes reading this, cant sleep as my one of my kids is worried Im going to die. It was the last question I was asked last night before they fell asleep.The second last question was whether they would get it and die.

How do I reassure them?

What do you suggest Pseudonym?

This is heartbreaking

Good God Khaleesi, they're dragons, as yet there have been no cases of COVID-19 found in dragons :pac:

Seriously though, calm down a bit. Worry about elderly relatives and neighbours and people with compromised immunity- keep in contact with them and leave things outside their door if requested to do so. Stay away from the GP and hospitals. For most of us, thankfully, it will be no more than a bad cold. Doctor Brown Bear from Peppa Pig said it best: Cup of warm milk before bed and they'll be right as rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

We love the leader

The leader is good.
    The leader is great.
    We surrender our will.
    As of this date.

... Chinese women can be fine looking so I'll let it slide :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,347 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Akrasia wrote: »
    If you were in shengen in the last 14 days you can’t travel. How will they check this given that we don’t stamp passports in the EU...

Lol do people really think they cant track your travel history on your digital scannable passport?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

No they wouldn’t

Ill take your word for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

He could have been testing his population for the disease instead of ignoring it and actively telling people to ignore it and that it will all just disappear by April like a miracle.. he could also have stopped holding campaign Rallies

Well he got dumped from his Paddys day visit so I hope he feels like the fool he is.

Myself and others have been trying to get action from govt at airports since january. But hey the timings not right.

Let's all just die instead. 250 ICU beds people. Takes 3 weeks on a ventilator to get through this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Are flights from the US to Ireland going to be banned as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

It's scary to think there are posters on this thread infecting their kids with their neuroses.

People need to kop themselves on.

Absolutely! This is not the apocalypse. If you get it you’ve a 98% chance of recovery ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Burty330 wrote: »
    Many keep saying we can't act irrationally or go to extreme measures , but id disaggree to an extent. China curtialed its spread by using whatever extreme measures were necessary.

Putting Italy into complete shut down 3 weeks ago would have over- the- top for some. Now its acting responsibly. The sooner we go to the extremes the better in my view.

Actually at this stage the irrational people are those who still can’t see containment mesure are unavoidable and will hurt the economy no matter what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Jucifer

Lillyfae wrote: »
    Good God Khaleesi, they're dragons, as yet there have been no cases of COVID-19 found in dragons :pac:

Seriously though, calm down a bit. Worry about elderly relatives and neighbours and people with compromised immunity- keep in contact with them and leave things outside their door if requested to do so. Stay away from the GP and hospitals. For most of us, thankfully, it will be no more than a bad cold. Doctor Brown Bear from Peppa Pig said it best: Cup of warm milk before bed and they'll be right as rain.

I could be wrong but I believe the poster works in a high dependency unit in a hospital, hence the worry. I could be mistaking them for another poster though so if so I apologise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Are flights from the US to Ireland going to be banned as well?

No not for now at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

rob316 wrote: »
    Because people are so obsessed by him and all they know is outrage. Its sad really.

That's all they are told. They don't know any better.
    Misinformed sheep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭screamer

US- too little too late unfortunately for them.
    It’s already there and going like wildfire.

Us here- we might still have some time, but hard decisions are hard to make. Our leaders are so far from leaders it’s frightening. We need strong directive leaders right now, unfortunately we have fence sitters and hand wringers. I absolutely despair, I hope someone can summon the sense and strength needed to take those decisions and give us a chance to not follow Italy into that dark night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

On Dublin bus and some lad in his early 20s is constantly sniffing and the odd cough. kicker is he is sitting right beside me. Now he brought out some hand sanitizer.

... I'm fuc*ed lads :pac:
    If not this bloke the whole Dublin bus thing. I make a joke but ****ing hell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement