Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

20200312_091719.jpg

The pasta virus has hit Lidl mitchelstown.

505321.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

You think most people in critical condition are dying ?
    lack of beds ?

I think it means, more people are dying as they can't get through to ICU; but there are less presenting to ICU overall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I hope for your kids sake you're just a wind-up merchant.
    My mother is 77 with underlying cardiovascular problems. Do you think I care if my son is a bit scared if it makes him wash his hands and so on? His other grandmother is in bad physical condition and his remaining grandfather (my own dad died years ago of smoking, though people thought that was harmless when he started too) has diabetes. My son could infect all 3 quite easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I did a decently large stock up shop yesterday, put things in the freezer and got tinned stuff, stuff that'll last etc. I'd say I could go about two weeks besides having to pop out for milk or bread. Though I bought bread mix and long life milk so could potentially skip that.

Now my concern is, did I act too soon? We're not at Italy levels yet - but we might be in two weeks!

Maybe I should've held off the shop till things got worse. It's so hard to know. That's the worst thing - the uncertainty. Well not the *worst* thing, you know what I mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

I hope for your kids sake you're just a wind-up merchant.

He told the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,450 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Glad the shamrock begging bowl nonsense has been cancelled, i do be scarleh. Is there any other country where the leader goes abroad for their national holiday? It's pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

UrbanFret wrote: »
    I hate when people post a link and nothing else - no context or clue as to what it’s about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

20200312_091719.jpg

Must be the Barilla syndrome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Sound familiar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

laurah591 wrote: »
    Don't fly if you haven't already made that decision

Yeah definitely agree. I started having doubts a bout the trip last week and reluctantly made the decision 2 days ago. I'm losing 200 euros but I don't think it is worth taking the chance (plus the neirport I was supposed to fly to is next to one oc the first 2 French clusters - Mulhouse).

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

grazer wrote: »
    Sh*t getting realler.

And the panic is getting bigger.

Very soon the economic impact will result in more deaths than the Virus itself. Incomes are are ready down for some people and 6 weeks of lockdown will have significant impact on the physical and mental well being of people.

Economics and Health are totally linked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

grazer wrote: »
    I hate when people post a link and nothing else - no context or clue as to what it’s about.

As it's in the Corona virus thread what do you think it's about. It's a video for kids and adults short and to the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Mr.S wrote: »
    Absolutely not, flew in on Monday and it was the same as a standard day.

That was Monday. A lot has happened since. Friends flying back from Amsterdam today said there was 25 people on the plane. Normally jammed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭facehugger99

He told the truth.

He probably told him Santa wasn't real while he was at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

UrbanFret wrote: »
    As it's in the Corona virus thread what do you think it's about. It's a video for kids and adults short and to the point.

Thank you for now taking the time to give a small clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

J1 visa types who go skiing in February that knowingly brought this into the country. When this is over, there needs to be repercussions for these people. Be great if we could charge them with manslaughter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I did a decently large stock up shop yesterday, put things in the freezer and got tinned stuff, stuff that'll last etc. I'd say I could go about two weeks besides having to pop out for milk or bread. Though I bought bread mix and long life milk so could potentially skip that.

Now my concern is, did I act too soon? We're not at Italy levels yet - but we might be in two weeks!

Maybe I should've held off the shop till things got worse. It's so hard to know. That's the worst thing - the uncertainty. Well not the *worst* thing, you know what I mean.

We have been bulding steadily for abouyt 3 weeks. Extra bits here and there, bought lots of stuff we would buy usually.We had no freezer excepy a timy one in the fridge so we bought one ans will do a large meat and veg shop later. Again, hopefully no need but if we do have a lockdown, I won't need to go out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

cnbyz wrote: »
    No wonder why Turkey have only one case reported so far. They took action very quickly. Suspended flights to Iran, China, South Korea and Italy weeks ago. closed the land border with Iran. I flew in to Istanbul with Turkish airlines last night . The plane goes through disinfection before each flight. All passengers were asked to fill out a form about their destination and contact info. There were cleaning all over the place in the airport at midnight. They have installed hand sanitisers ever few meters. I only saw 1 at Dublin Airport T1 which was very well hidden past security. I am worried that Ireland is not taking the necessary actions in timely manner

Nice to see Turkey taking semi-appropriate measures at tourist ingress points.

Turkey is also not testing possible cases in the country, and ignoring people crossing the Iranian border into the country from the east. Turkey is in for a real shock in about 3 weeks when people start dropping dead in droves.
    One of the reasons I've seen discussed is that higher numbers make Edrogan look bad (similar to that Trump idiot's viewpoint) so there's severe unstated pressure to not test those with viral pneumonia or respiratory failure for COVID-19. Can't have big numbers if there's no community testing done..

If Turkey were to have a proper testing regime and open number publication, I would think they are about at UK percentages. The poorer areas in the East will start first, but when it reaches Istanbul it'll be a very interesting state to watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Walking through Dunnes in Ennis yesterday, there was a lady there she's a cleaner, she's always friendly.

Before I pushed the door she gave the handle a spray of disinfectant and a good wipe.
    And smiled and said now you can go in.

I thought there you go, thats proper hygiene practice and a smile included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

20200312_091719.jpg

505321.jpg

No problems where I am.Ten a Penne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

20200312_091719.jpg

505321.jpg
    on a more serious note, I spoke with someone last night who went to EIGHT different shops before they found baby formula (and promptly cleaned that shop out of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

He probably told him Santa wasn't real while he was at it.

Give it a rest will you. People can tell their own kids what they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

J1 visa types who go skiing in February that knowingly brought this into the country. When this is over, there needs to be repercussions for these people. Be great if we could charge them with manslaughter.

Ah cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Glad the shamrock begging bowl nonsense has been cancelled, i do be scarleh. Is there any other country where the leader goes abroad for their national holiday? It's pathetic.

Obviously you don't have even a basic understanding fo ti.

Virtually every political leader in the world would bite the hand off you to get a guaranteed annual meeting that is always in good spirits with the president of the US.

If you think its only about a photo and a sip of wine, then you really need to educate yourself on what happens and how hugely beneficial it is for Irish people.

But sure anything political that doesn't agree with you has to be "a joke"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,443 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

oh give over :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Coronavirus: Why You Must Act Now
    Politicians, Community Leaders and Business Leaders: What Should You Do and When?

"The recent US announcement that most travel from Europe was banned is a containment measure for a country that has, as of today, 3 times the cases that Hubei had when it shut down, growing exponentially. It’s containment when what’s needed is mitigation."

"If your company is in Paris (intramuros), and it has 250 employees, today there’s a 0.85% chance that one of your employees has the coronavirus, and by tomorrow it will be 1.2%, so if you’re only comfortable with a 1% chance, you should close your office by tomorrow."
    https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

M-0iYD7A?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Scotty # wrote: »
    on a more serious note, I spoke with someone last night who went to EIGHT different shops before they found baby formula.

Formula and nappies should be rationed. That's what is happening in the UK

Scotty # wrote: »
    on a more serious note, I spoke with someone last night who went to EIGHT different shops before they found baby formula (and promptly cleaned that shop out of it).

That's shocking. But we make/export huge amounts of powdered milk and formula so it shouldn't be a matter of importing it - just moving it to shops. Probably just people stockpiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,500 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

nthclare wrote: »
    Walking through Dunnes in Ennis yesterday, there was a lady there she's a cleaner, she's always friendly.

Before I pushed the door she gave the handle a spray of disinfectant and a good wipe.
    And smiled and said now you can go in.

I thought there you go, thats proper hygiene practice and a smile included.

Doors are automatic.

She was a witch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement