Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Xertz wrote: »
    Iceland's surprising. It's quite remote and it's only got a population of 364,000. That's significantly smaller than County Cork.
    I'd say they are a fairly big draw for tourists globally though.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

LirW wrote: »
    My 2 new favourite things:

People still going on their stags abroad to the UK, Spain and Portugal as we speak.

Also the secondary school close to me had to cancel their trip to Germany that was due to take place in early April and the scummy tour company fought tooth and nail to reimburse any money. Parents threatening legal action against the school (?).

I get it's annoying to lose money but threatening the school with legal action?? No wonder other schools were so hesitant to cancel things!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

branie2 wrote: »

Catch Me If You Can.

Ok says corona.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

And what do you want me to do about it?write yourself a shopping list like a good lad.did you think they would replace themselves or what?

Swoooosh.

Why would every house have milk eggs and flour btw? Pancake tuesday is long gone lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Every house in the country has flour milk and eggs.
    Relax with the drama.

Interesting, your bread recipe there. Share? Yes I have several kinds of flour, dried yeast and baking powder/soda but "every house? "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭bennyineire

onedmc wrote: »
    Arse

Feck

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

Boggles wrote: »
    Parents threatening legal action because the school cancelled a trip during a deadly pandemic. :confused:

I'd expel the kids.

I suggest more punishment beatings, going to be fully legal soon anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mick987

Hold back on the judgement. You don’t know where in Europe he was going. I only cancelled a trip myself this morning. In Ireland but we have as much coronavirus as where he was going. And our lives have been severely curtailed for five years. Most of you are dealing with restrictions that we’ve had long-term. Mental health also important.

That what people don't seem to get, it does not matter where you are going to you have no idea where the plane you will get on has been. Could have spent all day going back and forward to Italy and then you get on it good luck with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭circadian

Unless the Milk is sour and you have no eggs....

If that milk is just slightly sour then some flour, sour milk and baking soda.

Soda bread. Dead easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Akabusi

124 passengers just arrived in Madrid on the Aer Lingus flight. I’m about to get on the return flight only looks to be about 50 - 60 coming back.
    Out of that 124, the majority were Spanish students.
    Things still quite lax here, no sign of any hand sanitiser at the airport. Not even that many wearing face masks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Feck

Girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    The whole crisis is really helping identify the selfish amongst us.

When I am taking the precautions, I am not thinking about myself. Tbh, if I get it I get it. That does not concern me and I will face it down.

I am concerned thinking about passing it onto my network of family, friends, their families and anyone else who is vulnerable in them groupings.
    Putting those people who are compromised in a precarious position.

The best way to contain this crisis and minimize the damage is social distancing. It really is frustrating that as I take these measures, others do not seem that bothered.

It's the same here.

Both my parents are in their 70's, one with underlying health issues. I have a sibling that has an auto-immune disease who lives with them.

People may mock those stockpiling food over the last few weeks, but my folks have been because neither wants to go anywhere near a shop or supermarket if a mass panic happens. Particularly if there are going to be sick, or potentially sick, people there.

Easy to mock those that are "hysterical", as some posters here have called people who are being prudent. But to those people, I would say this - Unless you know the circumstances of each "hysteric", kindly fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Will the FAI and the GAA follow Basketball Ireland and cancel all games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Feck
    Girls!

Seem to be less infections for them with corona versus men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭banie01

branie2 wrote: »

Tom hanks' wife's name is Wilson!!!!!

This has only clicked in my head right now...
    I may be retarded! :(

edc62dfa8ea898b323f7959bccfb99d1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Havnt been in Dublin city centre in a few days..have face masks become any way common yet? Even see the odd person wearing them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

LirW wrote: »
    My 2 new favourite things:

People still going on their stags abroad to the UK, Spain and Portugal as we speak.

Also the secondary school close to me had to cancel their trip to Germany that was due to take place in early April and the scummy tour company fought tooth and nail to reimburse any money. Parents threatening legal action against the school (?).

Force majeure would apply. They've no case.
    Extremely petty though to pursue them though. That's what travel insurance is for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

56 new cases and first death in Austria

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's the same here.

Both my parents are in their 70's, one with underlying health issues. I have a sibling that has an auto-immune disease who lives with them.

People may mock those stockpiling food over the last few weeks, but my folks have been because neither wants to go anywhere near a shop or supermarket if a mass panic happens. Particularly if there are going to be sick, or potentially sick, people there.

Easy to mock those that are "hysterical", as some posters here have called people who are being prudent. But to those people, I would say this - Unless you know the circumstances of each "hysteric", kindly fcuk off.

Agree. I am unapologetic for building a stockpile slowly over the last month. I'm not smug or happy or sad either.

I'm just prepared.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

You’ve Got Mail.

And it’s not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Fics wrote: »
    Anyone know what are stats are in comparison to America for infection/population?
    There's major flaws in the testing in the US, so a bit pointless. It's a bit like doping comparisons between professional sports - if you don't test, you don't find, so then you're "clean".

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

Every house in the country has flour milk and eggs.
    Relax with the drama.

What kind of bread are you making with flour eggs and milk? :L Sounds more like a cake haha Flour, yeast, water, salt are all you need

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

wakka12 wrote: »
    Havnt been in Dublin city centre in a few days..have face masks become any way common yet? Even see the odd person wearing them?

I'm seeing them in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

wakka12 wrote: »

Definitely not common. You would see the occasional odd one. The people that you do see tend to be not of Irish origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

Xertz wrote: »
    Force majeure would apply. They've no case.
    Extremely petty though to pursue them though. That's what travel insurance is for!

From a legal point of view I wonder is it force majeure yet. How major does it have to be, i suspect that we need an official statement to enforce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

rewatched this film. i recommend it. love that there is a calmness before the world collapses:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threads_(1984_film)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

According to this document. Its likely that was have currently about 800 cases in Ireland . The theory/rationale behind it is very very good.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

We literally have a choice now. To limit everthing we do and its likely that we could lower the fatality rate to 0.6%-to 1% . Medical care seems important for this condition.

If we let it get out of control , whicb with 800 estimated cases its on a threshold atm. We are looking at a death rate of 4%-6% .

Starting serious containment measures now is needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Bob24 wrote: »
    Which report are you referring to out of curiosity?

This one mentions an R0 of 2-2.5 (vs 1.3 for the common flu): https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/who-china-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf

https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at-the-media-briefing-on-covid-19---3-march-2020
    To summarize, COVID-19 spreads less efficiently than flu, transmission does not appear to be driven by people who are not sick, it causes more severe illness than flu, there are not yet any vaccines or therapeutics, and it can be contained – which is why we must do everything we can to contain it. That’s why WHO recommends a comprehensive approach.

I don't know what to believe at this stage ..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Will the FAI and the GAA follow Basketball Ireland and cancel all games?

Also the IRFU, the Hockey Association and all the other sporting bodies. They should do but likely some of them will have to be forced into it. Obviously if teams refuse to turn up for matches or training as is happening more and more then they will have no choice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement