Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Nickla

mlem123 wrote: »
    What kind of bread are you making with flour eggs and milk? :L Sounds more like a cake haha Flour, yeast, water, salt are all you need

bread rolls
    80ml milk (10g dried milk)
    60ml water
    1 ½ tbsp butter
    200g Plain flour
    1/2 packet instant yeast
    1 tablespoons white sugar
    ½ teaspoons salt
    1 egg

In Saucepan heat milk, water & butter
    In bowl mix half of flour, yeast, sugar & salt
    Add milk mixture, mix and add in egg.
    Slowly add remaining flour and knead for 8 mins
    Divide and shape in hot dog rolls or bread rolls – flatten slightly
    Cover & let rise for 30-40 mins

Bake at 200°C for 10-12 mins

or my favourite easy flat bread recipe - mix yoghurt and self raising flour and form into a dough - roll out and fry on frying pan, my 9 year old makes them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Getting married?

Funny! Been announced on RTE now, Leo is going to be making a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Getting married?

Could you imagine the uproar. Cabinet colleagues either side of him, international media. And he announces that he has booked Carton house for the reception in May :D

Equally crazy, would be an announcement that they are going into government with Fianna Fail in order to save us all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

sternn wrote: »
    Is his jolly to the US off?

I don't think announcement on school closures before Friday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Friends going to a wedding in tenerife next week,I don't want them to go but they are going and don't seem to care,I presume the general consensus here is they would be mad to travel to the wedding,they have a very young family that are been left at home

• Advertisement

They say society is 3 meals away from anarchy. Anyone with a stockpile needs to think about home defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

gmisk wrote: »
    Is his jolly to the US off?

He's there now!

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    He's there now!
    Ah brilliant is he announcing he is staying ?
    Great if so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Lord TSC wrote: »

Father is mid sixties, diabetic, overweight, asmatic and has other conditions. He’s terrified now,

Have a look at a keto diet for him depending on what type he is, get medical advice but get him on it asap if it's got a chance of helping the diabeties. Not to panic you but he's ****ed if he gets this. He won't mind the food as it's good and fatty, he could drop a lot of weight, feel better and possibly halt the diabeties in a very short space of time. It's worth a go... download an app to help him track what's he's eating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

I'm hearing it's going to be school closures and asking offices to work from home...in line with what other countries are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Probably got it in Turkey

Perhaps but given that 3 days is on the very low end of the incubation period that makes it less likely. She most likely contracted it in Belgium, Belgium also has the most known cases per capita out of those countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Varadkar at 11am
    Harris and HSE joint conference at 11.30am

They say society is 3 meals away from anarchy. Anyone with a stockpile needs to think about home defense.
    Honestly....is there really any need for this rubbish?
    I am not gonna home alone my own house.
    Little evidence of law and order breaking down in other countries even Italy (bar the jail break)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Lillyfae wrote: »
    Again, it's to prevent them being sent to grandparents who are at a higher risk.

It's a pretty bad chain reaction: schools are transmission nests, many of the staff have children themselves and while there is the recommendation to not send small children to creches, people have no choice, so schools and creches are open regardless and as long as it's open, irresponsible people (people who would have other options, not slamming working parents) will send their children. Yes, they won't be as affected but it's essentially said that the government doesn't care about the well-being of teachers and school workers and their own families.
    Again, it is a pretty horrible situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

RTE are going to play the Special Bulletin live...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Getting married?

Mike Pence is taking over and declaring the The Rep of Gilead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

All I ever used my oven for was warming my socks.

2mins at 60 degrees.

Toasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

HSE to close offices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Friend of mine works in a newspaper and said a reporter there said they are making an announcement to close schools with immediate effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

All of the people talking about how it'll only be 0.9% mortality should consider the following:

1. 20% of people will be hospitalised.

2. Many of these will develop Bilateral Interstitial Pneumonia.

3. Even if you survive this episode the long-term consequences can be devastating. There are many types of interstitial lung disease but mean survivals range from 2.5 to 7 years. Let's be optimistic and assume that with this it is 5 to 10 years.

Well, reducing the life expectancy of a large number of people in Ireland to 5 to 10 years and having these years be very limited in terms of their ability to do anything active and maybe people will begin to realise that even if we only have a 1% death rate now having a 9% rate of long-term complications from interstitial Lung Disease reducing life expectancy for this cohort to 5 to 10 years would be utterly devastating to the country and really drop average life expectancy for the next couple of decades.

There's a reason China is doing full lung transplants on survivors already.

People are just far too blase about this.
    Thank you for posting this reality. On the radio now, they're talking about traffic. I don't think they realise wtf is coming. Or I just think they don't care enough to let it disrupt their lives because it's so far outside the realms of what their imagination can fathom.

https://www.change.org/Covid-19IE
    Sign this petition please to encourage IMMEDIATE actions to save lives.

• Advertisement

I'm hearing it's going to be school closures and asking offices to work from home...in line with what other countries are doing.
    It could well be as I said here I talked to friend in department of education and school closures just waiting to be stamped by the government

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

gmisk wrote: »
    Honestly....is there really any need for this rubbish?
    I am not gonna home alone my own house.
    Little evidence of law and order breaking down in other countries even Italy (bar the jail break)

Absolutely insane. Italy is having huge problems and nobody is raiding each other's houses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

RTE are going to play the Special Bulletin live...
    Live
    Okey doke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

In the event of a Mad Max scenario?

I remember reading somewhere that you should throw all your major electronic valuables (TV etc) out on the front lawn and smash in a downstairs front window.

Makes it look like your place has already been looted.

Not that I think this is going to get anywhere near that bad!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

1075 additional cases confirmed in Iran and 75 additional deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Mike Pence is taking over and declaring the The Rep of Gilead

Blessed be the fruit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Seems like someone got to your brain already hoss :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,443 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

In the event of a Mad Max scenario?

I remember reading somewhere that you should throw all your major electronic valuables (TV etc) out on the front lawn and smash in a downstairs front window.

Makes it look like your place has already been looted.

Not that I think this is going to get anywhere near that bad!

jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

It's the same here.

Both my parents are in their 70's, one with underlying health issues. I have a sibling that has an auto-immune disease who lives with them.

People may mock those stockpiling food over the last few weeks, but my folks have been because neither wants to go anywhere near a shop or supermarket if a mass panic happens. Particularly if there are going to be sick, or potentially sick, people there.

Easy to mock those that are "hysterical", as some posters here have called people who are being prudent. But to those people, I would say this - Unless you know the circumstances of each "hysteric", kindly fcuk off.

This. Absolutely this. Question the toilet roll thing all you want, I thought it was a bit 'trendy' but the bottom line is, if everyone is doing it *for whatever reason* it means if you don't do it you'll have to go out during the rush or be without. Or if you are in an at risk group or afraid of spreading it to someone in such, you obviously will just want to steer clear of shops for a good while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Blessed be the fruit

May the lord open?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement