Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

In the event of a Mad Max scenario?

I remember reading somewhere that you should throw all your major electronic valuables (TV etc) out on the front lawn and smash in a downstairs front window.

Makes it look like your place has already been looted.

Not that I think this is going to get anywhere near that bad!

Like Clondalkin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Schools and universities to close presumably. I wonder if kids/teens leisure facilities will also be closed?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

leahyl wrote: »
    Friend of mine works in a newspaper and said a reporter there said they are making an announcement to close schools with immediate effect.

What happens if kids are already in school? Leave them there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

lawred2 wrote: »
    jesus

LOL....I know right?

Mad stuff you find online sometimes.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

iguana wrote: »
    Schools and universities to close presumably. I wonder if kids/teens leisure facilities will also be closed?

The insurance industry has that done already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I would say so. They're germ field days.
    I'm planning on taking my son hiking when he's off so we don't go insane and I'm positive that many trails in my area will be empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Link anyone?

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Like Clondalkin

Well I didn't want to point fingers but....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

This. Absolutely this. Question the toilet roll thing all you want, I thought it was a bit 'trendy' but the bottom line is, if everyone is doing it *for whatever reason* it means if you don't do it you'll have to go out during the rush or be without. Or if you are in an at risk group or afraid of spreading it to someone in such, you obviously will just want to steer clear of shops for a good while.

There is a difference between sensible stock piling buying a few extra items and some non perishables and panic buyers.

It makes sense to have mire than you need and if not needed you can eat it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Link anyone?

Should be on rtes twitter page

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Italy seeking to learn from chinese experience in combating Covid. All about ICU management from what I could make out.

https://twitter.com/CGTNOfficial/status/1238047079739473920?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Link anyone?

Google it yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

banie01 wrote: »
    Tom hanks' wife's name is Wilson!!!!!

This has only clicked in my head right now...
    I may be retarded! :(

edc62dfa8ea898b323f7959bccfb99d1.jpg

Little know fact, he met Rita Wilson after castaway finished filming
    He was on the rebound

(cause wilson was a volleyball... ahem..)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

leahyl wrote:
    Friend of mine works in a newspaper and said a reporter there said they are making an announcement to close schools with immediate effect.

Source or GTFO

KfYRhlx.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

George Lee suggesting on RTE 1 that we are moving to the delay phase.

School closures and restrictions on large gatherings expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

Not if they’re dead they don’t. People still don’t seem to be understanding quite where this could end up unless we take decisive action as a nation and as individuals.

I think a lot of people do understand that but also understand their chances of surviving go down if they're homeless. These things aren't black and white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Akrasia wrote: »
    Little know fact, he met Rita Wilson after castaway finished filming
    He was on the rebound

(cause wilson was a volleyball... ahem..)

They’re married since 1988 :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    The whole crisis is really helping identify the selfish amongst us.

When I am taking the precautions, I am not thinking about myself. Tbh, if I get it I get it. That does not concern me and I will face it down.

I am concerned thinking about passing it onto my network of family, friends, their families and anyone else who is vulnerable in them groupings. Putting those people who are compromised in a precarious position.

The best way to contain this crisis and minimize the damage is social distancing. It really is frustrating that as I take these measures, others do not seem that bothered.

I said upthread that I’m potentially (not for certain) immunocompromised and my husband and I only today cancelled trips; me across the country and him on the continent. That might seem like we were careless but we both were very prepared to drop the trips last minute and I think we both knew deep down that we would.

Why didn’t we cancel sooner? Well, my whole life for the last five years has been minding myself and desperately trying to stay alive. We are kinda used to the life that everyone else is adjusting to and we’ve taken lots of trips. So we just are maybe a bit indifferent to danger because we cha-cha with it every single day. And we deal with such heavy shit that we cherish our trips away. The escapism is so important to our mental states.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

And how would that work with all the parents in work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

josip wrote: »
    Be very careful with that murphaph.
    If his grandparents die, he will blame himself.
    Speaking from experience, I killed my own grandmother when I was 8.

Now is the time to isolate away from grandparents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hurrache wrote: »

All I'm saying is what was said to me - perhaps the immediate is incorrect then??? We'll find out soon enough I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

KfYRhlx.jpg

Aw man, they are really ****ing over blind people there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Theyre getting the flag ready

I assume it is a wider announcement that people will have to work from home by Government decree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Listening to Sean O'Rourke and he was interviewing a guy from Pakistan in a Direct Provision Centre.
    He was worried about himself and his family contracting the virus.
    But the bigger question is why is a guy from Pakistan and his family in a Direct Provision Centre?
    Last time I checked, it's a reasonably safe country and is not at war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Leo's up early!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

A lot of people won’t be in work next week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Not much point closing schools if these are not closed also.
    Equally no point in stopping classes in universities if there are still student nights in nightclubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

All I'm saying is what was said to me - perhaps the immediate is incorrect then??? We'll find out soon enough I guess

It is, maybe from this weekend, but not immediately, it's impossible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement