Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

sternn wrote: »
    Major announcement coming at 11am here. Don't know the details, but apparently it's going to be significant.

And?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

They say society is 3 meals away from anarchy. Anyone with a stockpile needs to think about home defense.

I'm ready...

34394502_10156493383618179_7829877276421390336_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The Nal wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to Leos speech? Is it televised?

RTE News Special on RTE 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Rte news now. I assume it’ll also be aired on radio 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I said upthread that I’m potentially (not for certain) immunocompromised and my husband and I only today cancelled trips; me across the country and him on the continent. That might seem like we were careless but we both were very prepared to drop the trips last minute and I think we both knew deep down that we would.

Why didn’t we cancel sooner? Well, my whole life for the last five years has been minding myself and desperately trying to stay alive. We are kinda used to the life that everyone else is adjusting to and we’ve taken lots of trips. So we just are maybe a bit indifferent to danger because we cha-cha with it every single day. And we deal with such heavy shit that we cherish our trips away. The escapism is so important to our mental states.

I have to say (as a randomer on boards) that I'm sorry that this whole ****show has happened at this moment in time for you. If anyone deserves that trip away its you and your husband. Stay safe and I sincerely hope that you can make up for it in a few months time.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 33 Doctor Shipman

RTE news now

Mango Joe wrote: »
    In approx 10 days time it'll be very interesting to see the spike on the Irish COVID 19 incidence graph that can be directly linked to ar$eh0les heading over to Cheltenham.

Wouldn't imagine it would only be Cheltenham though. probably all the ones that went to any English football games and everybody going on holidays etc
    Weird to single out one event in the grand scheme of things

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The flag is causing them some bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Leo is backstage prepping

source.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭thomasj

And?

Nothing yet but id say closure of schools, colleges , public offices and asking companies to facilitate working from home where possible

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

MadYaker wrote: »
    Moving too soon is just as bad as moving too late. We can't shut the country down for more than about 4 - 6 weeks or our economy will never recover (most of the SMEs in the country would go bust) so timing is important. We can't contain this so we have to try and slow the spread so that in a week or 2 when a lof of people start getting sick the hospitals don't get overwhelmed like what's happening in Italy now. The death figures from Italy are going to take a big jump tomorrow.

Moving too soon? what exactly is it we are waiting for ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Can watch it here on this link ->

https://www.rte.ie/news/player/live/7/

Shelves were empty in China and they're empty in Italy. We're already seeing the early stages of it here.

Seeing what exactly? Are the shelves emptying because of a lack of deliveries or because of panic buying?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Listening to Sean O'Rourke and he was interviewing a guy from Pakistan in a Direct Provision Centre.
    He was worried about himself and his family contracting the virus.
    But the bigger question is why is a guy from Pakistan and his family in a Direct Provision Centre?
    Last time I checked, it's a reasonably safe country and is not at war.

Yes mate, facing into a f*cking epidemic that is about to present a massive danger to our elderly, our sick and people with cystic fibrosis and the "bigger question" is a lad in a refugee centre.

F*cking ridiculous honestly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Seeing what exactly? Are the shelves emptying because of a lack of deliveries or because of panic buying?

panic buying, in the ultimate form of "IM ALRIGHT JACK!" people go out and horde up stuff, leaving alot of others with nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Seems the EU advice has moved to shut everything

https://twitter.com/susmitchellSBP/status/1238044192447893504?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Hes 15 minutes late

Not good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

RTE Live link for the news/briefing.

https://www.rte.ie/news/player/live/11/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,443 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Cupatae wrote: »
    panic buying, in the ultimate form of "IM ALRIGHT JACK!" people go out and horde up stuff, leaving alot of others with nothing.

yeah it's at times like these that you see how classless and lacking in any sense of community people are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

The RTE app is pure fcuking sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

So what do we know about this meteorite George

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Leo is backstage prepping

source.gif

I love this! :D

The RTE app is pure fcuking sh1te.

Watch it on Twitter, it's being livestreamed there:

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1238054980843712513?s=20

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Hes 15 minutes late

Not good

Socks.
    It’s all about the socks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Seems the EU advice has moved to shut everything

https://twitter.com/susmitchellSBP/status/1238044192447893504?s=20

Tar éise tamaill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Socks.
    It’s all about the socks.

fock off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭amber2

I really hope they do the right thing for the people of Ireland with this announcement, figures are only gonna go one way, they need to act now. if schools do close then places where kids will congregate need to close too. The world is in unknown territory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Can’t get over the fact he is America giving this announcement ... should be in Ireland dealing with this but no off in America doing sweet F all because it’s all cancelled .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement