Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

lawred2 wrote: »
    yeah it's at times like these that you see how classless and lacking in any sense of community people are

Which is why I was asking the poster. He seems more concerned with people's reaction to the problem than with the cause of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Hes 15 minutes late

Not good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Release the waffler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Glad the shamrock begging bowl nonsense has been cancelled, i do be scarleh. Is there any other country where the leader goes abroad for their national holiday? It's pathetic.

Under normal circumstance no one would really care but the world is in crisis, state leaders are obviously under huge pressure and our buck swans off to the US with a bowl of fücking shamrock on a wee holiday. What a complete dick!! Hopefully He’ll suffer the consequences of his stupid decision! He’s a complete embarrassment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I have to say (as a randomer on boards) that I'm sorry that this whole ****show has happened at this moment in time for you. If anyone deserves that trip away its you and your husband. Stay safe and I sincerely hope that you can make up for it in a few months time.

It’s better that it’s now rather than a year ago. Approximately this time last year, I had basically no platelets or white blood cells. Had I caught it then, I’d have succumbed quickly. Now all my blood counts are in the normal range.

I’m teetering on the brink mentally at the moment. This isn’t remotely exciting to me. I know what it’s like to gasp for air. It’s incredibly frightening. I just want this pandemic to be over or at least treatable. I have a knot in my stomach and I’m not sleeping and constantly on the verge of tears. It’s taking such a mental toll. I work hard to keep it together day-to-day but this coronavirus business is testing my mettle.

Thank you so much for your kind words though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

What's the bets he announces school closures to distract from the fact he got stood up by the Donald.:pac:

He actually hasn't got stood up by Trump. Still scheduled to meet him later today as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

amber2 wrote: »
    I really hope they do the right thing for the people of Ireland with this announcement, figures are only gonna go one way they need to act now. if schools do close then places where kids congregate need to close too. The world in unknown territory.

Fair point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

amber2 wrote: »
    I really hope they do the right thing for the people of Ireland with this announcement, figures are only gonna go one way they need to act now. if schools do close then places where kids congregate need to close too. The world in unknown territory.

The last sentence is so important. Most countries have never been in such a situation and as it stands now, there is a desperate attempt to balance economic damage and the safety of the public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I have to go pick up my 3yr old in ten minutes ��

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

It’s better that it’s now rather than a year ago. Approximately this time last year, I had basically no platelets or white blood cells. Had I caught it then, I’d have succumbed quickly. Now all my blood counts are in the normal range.

I’m teetering on the brink mentally at the moment. This isn’t remotely exciting to me. I know what it’s like to gasp for air. It’s incredibly frightening. I just want this pandemic to be over or at least treatable. I have a knot in my stomach and I’m not sleeping and constantly on the verge of tears. It’s taking such a mental toll. I work hard to keep it together day-to-day but this coronavirus business is testing my mettle.

xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Aliens!

546694910955275763_1371689320.jpg

We were getting a little bit too big for our boots and they want us to get back in our box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I'm thinking of you, take care! It's all going to be fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Wouldn't imagine it would only be Cheltenham though. probably all the ones that went to any English football games and everybody going on holidays etc
    Weird to single out one event in the grand scheme of things

Agreed. It has to be EU wide but also in the UK.

We know a large number of Irish people travel over to EPL games, Liverpool, Man Utd, but also Celtic games. While its unlikely we can fully stop the spread of the virus, at best we can delay it long enough to give our health services a chance to build up resources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Luimneach2018

The RTE app is pure fcuking sh1te.

Except for showing ads. Feckin' bulletproof for playing the ads (plural) before not playing the thing you actually want to watch.

thomasj wrote: »
    Nothing yet but id say closure of schools, colleges , public offices and asking companies to facilitate working from home where possible

Newstalk saying this is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Cupatae wrote: »
    panic buying, in the ultimate form of "IM ALRIGHT JACK!" people go out and horde up stuff, leaving alot of others with nothing.

For all the people buying up Hand Gel and hoarding it.
    You obviously don't realize that containment relies on everyone being able to clean their hands??
    If you have all the freaking gel they can't and you being so smart having it all is pointless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Another day, another +1000 cases in Iran. Not under control there at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Come on Leo you big arsehole

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Wouldn't imagine it would only be Cheltenham though. probably all the ones that went to any English football games and everybody going on holidays etc

Don`t forget anyone who travelled to the Liverpool- Atletico CL match last night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

He actually hasn't got stood up by Trump. Still scheduled to meet him later today as far as I know.

Teachers win again. They should be given basic medical training and sent to hospitals to help out. Even if just signing people in or sweeping the floor. Time for the public sector as a whole to give something back.
    Nurses can't do it all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Not a racing person but with the constant changing of money at bookies as well as mixing of people and pubs etc I'd think racing dodger then football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

The waffler isn’t used to early mornings he’s slow out of the cot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Steve F wrote: »
    For all the people buying up Hand Gel and hoarding it.
    You obviously don't realize that containment relies on everyone being able to clean their hands??
    If you have all the freaking gel they can't and you being so smart having it all is pointless

You ll find that logic will be a lost on alot people, absolute drones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Ah sure tis just a flu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

The RTE app is pure fcuking sh1te.
    Agreed. The live feed is better - you've not missed anything so far:

https://www.rte.ie/news/player/live/11/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,908 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The waffler isn’t used to early mornings he’s slow out of the cot

He's not one who "gets up early"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Can they close the boats to the twats over at the racing?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Few people leaving the house party

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Thinking about you and sending positive thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Absolutely insane. Italy is having huge problems and nobody is raiding each other's houses.

That's because they all have plenty of pasta in Italy.

It will be a different story here, people will be clubbing one another to death with hurleys to get a extra packet of spaghetti.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement