Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Another day, another +1000 cases in Iran. Not under control there at all.

They've had to apply to the IMF for a loan, seems they are in a bad way.

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1238048649818578945

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Come on Leo you big arsehole
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Luimneach2018

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Teachers win again. They should be given basic medical training and sent to hospitals to help out. Even if just signing people in or sweeping the floor. Time for the public sector as a whole to give something back.
    Nurses can't do it all

Fcuk me. Nurses are qualified, they spend 4+ years in college to become qualified at what they do. You can't just throw unqualified randomers in to do the vital work that nurses do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

It’s better that it’s now rather than a year ago. Approximately this time last year, I had basically no platelets or white blood cells. Had I caught it then, I’d have succumbed quickly. Now all my blood counts are in the normal range.

I’m teetering on the brink mentally at the moment. This isn’t remotely exciting to me. I know what it’s like to gasp for air. It’s incredibly frightening. I just want this pandemic to be over or at least treatable. I have a knot in my stomach and I’m not sleeping and constantly on the verge of tears. It’s taking such a mental toll. I work hard to keep it together day-to-day but this coronavirus business is testing my mettle.

Thank you so much for your kind words though. :)

You will be grand.

Don't be worrying; Looking at the virus from it's point of view, it has a 97% failure rate.

And it is treatable; there are plenty of drugs being worked on at the moment which are being pushed out (Remdesivir, falivir, Keletra).

Look yerself up for a few weeks; watch everything on Netflix and order home delivers and ride this one out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Newstalk saying this is happening.

Bob Geldof interview over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Axfrderr

FFS would he ever get on with it, I need a shyte and dont want to watch a once in a lifetime apocalyptic message from the dear leader while sitting on the bog.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

For people looking for hand gel , you can order isopropyl alcohol 99.9% online from a company called tilt makeup it will deliver to the uk / Northern Ireland parcel motel address and you can then make your own . I just ordered a litre of it and it’s a reasonable price .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Taoiseach speaking now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Show time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

This may be the last time we ever have to wait on Leo for anything....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭UI_Paddy

Pleased for my fiance being a teacher that she will get a break from driving from one end of the the M50 to the other five days a week. Remains to be seen how it will affect me and others on my team though as we are in the hospitality sector but are support staff in the lab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Early?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,999 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Does the army being on “yellow alert” mean they will stop the moronic, mouth breathing, SF voting “types” from shuffling up to A&E when they should be staying at home?

A move like that could save lives of the infirm and elderly. Should be a crime for another under 50 to go to a hospital with a “suspected” case.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

Leo sounds like the viper

Which is why I was asking the poster. He seems more concerned with people's reaction to the problem than with the cause of the problem.
    If shelves are empty - which they surely will be - at that moment in time peoples reactions will be the pressing issue. The cause of the shortage will be academic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

LirW wrote: »
    I can't get my head around going on a non-essential trip where there is very likely boozing and clubbing and crammed premises involved.

But would you say the same about going for a night out anywhere now - Including your local etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He is ****ting himself

It’s better that it’s now rather than a year ago. Approximately this time last year, I had basically no platelets or white blood cells. Had I caught it then, I’d have succumbed quickly. Now all my blood counts are in the normal range.

I’m teetering on the brink mentally at the moment. This isn’t remotely exciting to me. I know what it’s like to gasp for air. It’s incredibly frightening. I just want this pandemic to be over or at least treatable. I have a knot in my stomach and I’m not sleeping and constantly on the verge of tears. It’s taking such a mental toll. I work hard to keep it together day-to-day but this coronavirus business is testing my mettle.

Thank you so much for your kind words though. :)

Look after yourself. Relaxation techniques, fruit and veg intake, exercise (if you can) all boost the immune system. So important.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Fcuk me. Nurses are qualified, they spend 4+ years in college to become qualified at what they do. You can't just throw unqualified randomers in to do the vital work that nurses do.

Sweeping the floor and signing people. Anything that can help. They can't be sitting at home again counting down the days until another 3 months off. Complete basket case country

Schools and childcare facilities closed. Large gatherings discouraged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

callaway92 wrote: »
    But would you say the same about going for a night out anywhere now - Including your local etc?

Yes. I don't frequent pubs but I see this as an unnecessary risk at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭circadian

Axfrderr wrote: »
    FFS would he ever get on with it, I need a shyte and dont want to watch a once in a lifetime apocalyptic message from the dear leader while sitting on the bog.

I'm in the exact same state. Touching cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

Never thought Ide say it but fair play Mr Trump, a president with a set of balls. Shame our leaders are a pack of clowns and pussys. Sure Leos only making a speech to look the big man over there. Stay over there you clown, dont be coming back here.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

OK closing schools and cultural institutions, finally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Actions: 6pm today schools, colleges closed from tomorrow. Gatherings of more than 100 indoors should be cancelled, 500 outdoors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Many more cases
    Must slow spread
    Uncharted territory

from 6pm to 29/03
    Schools, colleges, childcare, public institutes closed
    Indoor 100, outdoor 500 gatherings banned <--should be cancelled
    Should continue to go to work if possible but work from home if you can
    Transport normal
    Shops, supply chains open
    Restaurants, cafes, pubs stay open
    Reduce social interactions
    Handwashing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

Why is everyone wishing for lockdown and school closures.

Its going to happen but the longer it can be put off the better. shutting down before most of europe or the UK just means the shutdown will have to last longer. Longer shutdown means more non Flu deaths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭Christy42

d51984 wrote: »
    Never thought Ide say it but fair play Mr Trump, a president with a set of balls. Shame our leaders are a pack of clowns and pussys. Sure Leos only making a speech to look the big man over there. Stay over there you clown, dont be coming back here.

The white house had to massively correct his statement right after the statement. He doesn't even know his own policies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

This is one of those “where were you when you heard”, type of moments. Tis happening lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Hilarious how our officials went from "no big deal, low chance of being affected, just the flu" to "close the country" in a matter of days. Its not like we knew this 3 weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad its happening but the way this was handled was a ****show once again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement