Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

thats a load of nothing

airports and public transport unchanged

civil and public services offices stay open

absolutely pointless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

onedmc wrote: »
    Why is everyone wishing for lockdown and school closures.

Its going to happen but the longer it can be put off the better. shutting down before most of europe or the UK just means the shutdown will have to last longer. Longer shutdown means more non Flu deaths

Community spread will cripple the health system.

it will likely happen anyway at this stage but these measures are to reduce the impact, wake up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

It’s better that it’s now rather than a year ago. Approximately this time last year, I had basically no platelets or white blood cells. Had I caught it then, I’d have succumbed quickly. Now all my blood counts are in the normal range.

I’m teetering on the brink mentally at the moment. This isn’t remotely exciting to me. I know what it’s like to gasp for air. It’s incredibly frightening. I just want this pandemic to be over or at least treatable. I have a knot in my stomach and I’m not sleeping and constantly on the verge of tears. It’s taking such a mental toll. I work hard to keep it together day-to-day but this coronavirus business is testing my mettle.

Thank you so much for your kind words though. :)
    I'm really sad reading this. Please look after yourself, look to the future. The Coronavirus would have a huge likelihood of killing anyone with issues like this in the second phase of infection.

Even beyond that, it irreparably damages the lungs, even of healthy people.
    https://www.medicaldevice-network.com/news/coronavirus-ct-scans/
    The scans determined that 86% of Covid-19 patients have ground-glass opacities (GGO), while 64% have mixed GGO and consolidation and 71% have vascular enlargement in the lesion.

Ground glass opacities indicate partial filling of air spaces in the lungs by exudate or transudate, as well as interstitial thickening or partial collapse of the lung alveoli.

The lesions present on the CT images were more likely to have peripheral distribution (87%) and bilateral involvement (82%). They were also more likely to be lower lung predominant (54%) and multifocal (54%).

Just over 70% of the patients were aged between 21 and 50, and 78% had fever as the onset symptom. Only five patients showed disease associated with a family outbreak.

The researchers also compared the clinical characteristics and imaging features between non-emergency patients with mild cases of the disease and emergency cases of severe or fatal disease.

https://www.change.org/Covid-19IE
    Please sign this petition so we don't have wave after wave of USUK people flooding our shores. EU neighbours will also have to be shunned for a while. We will have to learn how to make the most of supply chains across the country. This is going to disrupt the whole country, even young and healthy people, nobody should think they're getting out of this unscathed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

"Need to talk about impact
    preparing
    WHO describes it as pandemic
    ECDC act early to be effective
    new advice
    many more cases, more people will get sick, tragic reality"
    virus contine to spread but can be slowed"
    give scientists more time
    have to move now
    from 6pm today until 29th march
    "colleges/schools closed"
    "cultural places closed"
    mass gatherings 500+ should be cancelled
    indoor gatherings of 100+ should be cancelled
    where possible work from home
    meetings done remotely
    shops remain open
    restaurants need to implement social distancing and other measures"

BUT WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T RESTRICT THE FLIGHTS.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Many more cases
    Must slow spread
    Uncharted territory

from 6pm to 29/03
    Schools, colleges, childcare, public institutes closed
    Indoor 100, outdoor 500 gatherings banned
    Should continue to go to work if possible but work from home if you can
    Transport normal
    Shops, supply chains open
    Restaurants, cafes, pubs stay open
    Reduce social interactions
    Handwashing etc

Until the 29th March? I see it being alot longer than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,908 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hes not taking questions??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Coppers?????

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

d51984 wrote: »
    Never thought Ide say it but fair play Mr Trump, a president with a set of balls. Shame our leaders are a pack of clowns and pussys. Sure Leos only making a speech to look the big man over there. Stay over there you clown, dont be coming back here.

I'd say you say that any chance you get.... this is one of his bigger f**k ups!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It’s better that it’s now rather than a year ago. Approximately this time last year, I had basically no platelets or white blood cells. Had I caught it then, I’d have succumbed quickly. Now all my blood counts are in the normal range.

I’m teetering on the brink mentally at the moment. This isn’t remotely exciting to me. I know what it’s like to gasp for air. It’s incredibly frightening. I just want this pandemic to be over or at least treatable. I have a knot in my stomach and I’m not sleeping and constantly on the verge of tears. It’s taking such a mental toll. I work hard to keep it together day-to-day but this coronavirus business is testing my mettle.

Thank you so much for your kind words though. :)

Please look after yourself and take a break from being online and reading all the doomsayers. Go outside and breathe in the air, look at the budding trees and see that life still goes on. Yes I am being that dickhead, I know it sounds so trite but I promise that it helps. I dont do internet hugs but if I could, I would x

This will probably get lost in the tide of posts but I hope you see it and know that people care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    Hilarious how our officials went from "no big deal, low chance of being affected, just the flu" to "close the country" in a matter of days. Its not like we knew this 3 weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad its happening but the way this was handled was a ****show once again.

we have only 43 cases.

We are being more pro active than other countries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Until the 29th March? I see it being alot longer than that.

He can't say for months. It will be extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

It seems like trumps travel ban woke up the EU, so fair play to trump. He might be a looper and I gave him **** last night but he is a genius

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

onedmc wrote: »
    Why is everyone wishing for lockdown and school closures.

Its going to happen but the longer it can be put off the better. shutting down before most of europe or the UK just means the shutdown will have to last longer. Longer shutdown means more non Flu deaths

Not true according to expert epidemiologists

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Corkgirl20

Are schools open tomorrow? Or closed from today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I'm really sad reading this. Please look after yourself, look to the future. The Coronavirus would have a huge likelihood of killing anyone with issues like this in the second phase of infection.

Even beyond that, it irreparably damages the lungs, even of healthy people.
    https://www.medicaldevice-network.com/news/coronavirus-ct-scans/

https://www.change.org/Covid-19IE
    Please sign this petition so we don't have wave after wave of USUK people flooding our shores. EU neighbours will also have to be shunned for a while. We will have to learn how to make the most of supply chains across the country. This is going to disrupt the whole country, even young and healthy people, nobody should think they're getting out of this unscathed.

Jesus ****ing christ.

Im sure she's aware of how dangerous it is; there was no need for the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

The following measures will come into effect from tomorrow until 29 March:

Schools colleges and childcare facilities will close from tomorrow.

Indoor mass gatherings of more than 100 people and outdoor mass gatherings of more than 500 people should be cancelled.

Where it is possible to work remotely people should do so.

Mr Varadkar said we need the public and businesses to take a sensible approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Ok good progress. Schools etc closed.

Flights need to stop immediately to stop imported cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

d51984 wrote: »
    Never thought Ide say it but fair play Mr Trump, a president with a set of balls. Shame our leaders are a pack of clowns and pussys. Sure Leos only making a speech to look the big man over there. Stay over there you clown, dont be coming back here.

Corona virus is likely already rampant in the US due to bad testing and lack of testing. The orange clown said it was a hoax days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    It seems like trumps travel ban woke up the EU, so fair play to trump. He might be a looper and I gave him **** last night but he is a genius

Very stable genius...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

So seems like contacts in DOE right, two weeks closure for schools

I am not sure the rest changes much....
    Will people be told to work from home who knows?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

He's pretty much banned mass, wahey!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

RugbyLad11 wrote: »

Ehhh...I don't think so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,443 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

"Need to talk about impact
    preparing
    WHO describes it as pandemic
    ECDC act early to be effective
    new advice
    many more cases, more people will get sick, tragic reality"
    virus contine to spread but can be slowed"
    give scientists more time
    have to move now
    from 6pm today until 29th march
    "colleges/schools closed"
    "cultural places closed"
    mass gatherings 500+ should be cancelled
    indoor gatherings of 100+ should be cancelled
    where possible work from home
    meetings done remotely
    shops remain open
    restaurants need to implement social distancing and other measures"

BUT WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T RESTRICT THE FLIGHTS

do you really think people are flying anywhere in big numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Corkgirl20 wrote: »
    Are schools open tomorrow? Or closed from today?
    Today last day till 29/03

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Hes not taking questions??

He’d be caught out talking sh1te when he’d have no script.hes gone to ground like a fox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Actions: 6pm today schools, colleges closed from tomorrow. Gatherings of more than 100 indoors should be cancelled, 500 outdoors.

Well about fupping time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

My effing feed died. What's the gist aside from schools closing and the usual hygiene and minimise gatherings stuff? I already work from home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

laugh wrote: »
    Corona virus is likely already rampant in the US due to bad testing and lack of testing. The orange clown said it was a hoax days ago.

Quote him. Prove it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

So are confirmations banned or no? do we do a head count when we get to the church? the absolute vague bans lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Anyone know anywhere with a decent supply of baked beans and bog roll?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement