Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Coppers?????

Diceys tonight lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    It seems like trumps travel ban woke up the EU, so fair play to trump. He might be a looper and I gave him **** last night but he is a genius
    Genius?! Are you f#cking mad....he is a looper he can barely string a sentence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Jesus ****ing christ.

Im sure she's aware of how dangerous it is; there was no need for the above.
    Everyone needs to be aware of the fact that huge lung damage is possible even in healthy people. There is huge misinformation around this, with Leo Varadkar today saying "most people will have a mild case". I've been saying for WEEKS that this isn't true based on what happened in Wuhan and what's happening in Italy.

https://www.medicaldevice-network.com/news/coronavirus-ct-scans/

https://www.change.org/Covid-19IE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,443 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

So will creche owners be reducing fees for a service not provided?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Varadker said schools closed from tomorrow. Dobbo then said schools closed from today after varadkers speech. Ridiculous that they can’t even get a simple fcuking fact correct between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

lawred2 wrote: »
    do you really think people are flying anywhere in big numbers?

My Flight to and from Orlando (5th to the 10th) were fully booked at seat selection but only half full both ways. Anecdotal but probably what is happening across the board

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Axfrderr

This is one of those “where were you when you heard”, type of moments. Tis happening lads.
    I wont be answering that question honestly in polite company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,443 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Varadker said schools closed from tomorrow. Dobbo then said schools closed from today after varadkers speech. Ridiculous that they can’t even get a simple fcuking fact correct between them.

same thing

6pm today effectively means tomorrow

stop nitpicking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    Hilarious how our officials went from "no big deal, low chance of being affected, just the flu" to "close the country" in a matter of days. Its not like we knew this 3 weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad its happening but the way this was handled was a ****show once again.

It’s a novel virus. We know a lot more than we knew even a few weeks ago. It’s a developing situation with a LOT information flowing constantly that has to be parsed and organised and made sense of. More is being learned every day. Science is complicated; research is laborious and painstaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Good speech and sensible measures. I was critical of the government and HSE last week but whatever happened over the weekend they seem to have really got their act together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Until the 29th March? I see it being alot longer than that.
    Pontius Pilate, now we have a cut-off date for new government formation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Stupid question: does anyone know if creches will charge in the time of the lockdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Cupatae wrote: »
    So are confirmations banned or no? do we do a head count when we get to the church? the absolute vague bans lol

You can make up your own mind whether to go or not :)

I wouldn't be going within an asses roar of a church meself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Real MAdrid squad in quarantine, La Liga suspended
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51853524

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

This is so very weird. I've been expecting this, tbh, I've been hoping for this as it's necessary and takes a hard decision out of my hands. I've been prepared for it and prepared for all the potential positives I can take from it. But I sobbed like a baby for the last 5 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Anyone know anywhere with a decent supply of baked beans and bog roll?

Buried in my back garden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone know if the mass gathering part applies to work places?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Technically its from 6pm today but yes they'll be in school today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

same thing

6pm today effectively means tomorrow

stop nitpicking

This is what people do here.

Leo does nothing.... calls him a clown
    Leo does something.... Calls him a clown

Absolutely pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Get Real

So will creche owners be reducing fees for a service not provided?

And what about their near-minimum wage staff? Or keeping the rent, bills and insurance going?

Be better if there was a creche to have your child to return to no?

Not saying I disagree entirely. But it's not a straightforward case of refunds at all. Nobody knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Talks that Cheltenham could be called off tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

iguana wrote: »
    This is so very weird. I've been expecting this, tbh, I've been hoping for this as it's necessary and takes a hard decision out of my hands. I've been prepared for it and prepared for all the potential positives I can take from it. But I sobbed like a baby for the last 5 minutes.

Why?

This is necessary.

It's not gonna be nice but it's gotta be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tails_naf

Singapore did an amazing job in fairness. One of the first places outside of China to get it, and managed to keep the daily case rate below 10. It looks like they have successfully contained it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

LirW wrote: »
    Stupid question: does anyone know if creches will charge in the time of the lockdown?

Obviously they will. Although why they would want to look after someone else's disease ridden rug rats is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

"He is a genius"

Genuinely it'd make you sick the tripe some people will post. Trump's ignored it for weeks, has tried to downplay it so it wont hit the economy too bad during (and reflect poorly on him in elections) and in doing so he's put thousands of lives at risk. The testing over there is beyond minimal at the moment, it's a horrible situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I assume this also means that most pubs and nightclubs should close as there’s far more than 100 in them on any given night. Especially Friday and Saturday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

I was right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

It's the same here.

Both my parents are in their 70's, one with underlying health issues. I have a sibling that has an auto-immune disease who lives with them.

People may mock those stockpiling food over the last few weeks, but my folks have been because neither wants to go anywhere near a shop or supermarket if a mass panic happens. Particularly if there are going to be sick, or potentially sick, people there.

Easy to mock those that are "hysterical", as some posters here have called people who are being prudent. But to those people, I would say this - Unless you know the circumstances of each "hysteric", kindly fcuk off.

Yup.

My sister has my 85 year old mother (angina/thyroid issues/ type 2 diabetic) out now - wrapped in dettol wipes by all accounts- stocking up while the shops are quiet.

I (insulin dependent diabetic) have enough stuff in to last for at least 3 weeks for 2 adults and 5 dogs - I can stay at home most of the time (hospital appts aside) but my OH can't as her job cannot be done from home and requires interaction with the public. She is at high risk of getting the virus - I am at high risk of suffering severe complications if I get the virus.
    OH is at work, wiping her desk down with a sterile solution after every customer, refusing to shake hands, telling people to just keep the pen, and generally s*itting herself trying to avoid catching the virus as she watches people sitting across from her coughing on to her desk, into their hands and asking to borrow a pen 2 seconds later etc etc... she now keeps her precious hand sanitizer in her pocket as people keep robbing it.
    Her colleague works part-time and is a full time carer for her chronically ill, bed bound, husband.

None of us are 'hysterical' - we are aware that should Ireland end up like Italy I would be on the unlikely to get access to a ventilator triage list, and the bed bound husband wouldn't even get as far as a triage list - so we are taking as many precautions as we can.

We are in Cork where there has already been a community transmission.

We would really appreciate if other people showed a bit of consideration and coughed into their damn elbows when out in public. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,999 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Talks that Cheltenham could be called off tomorrow

Literally after the horse has bolted.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement