Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

People spend there time giving out ****e about the government

This action was fairly swift in all fairness

So credit them for that

Its totally over the top and actually shows Leo weakness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Downlinz

d51984 wrote: »
    Could this not harm us more, we might get a lot more people from Europe coming to Ireland to fly to the USA now or am I missing something? A lot of airlines going to hit the wall here and a lot of jobs at risk.

The US restriction prohibits anyone flying who was in the schengen area in the last 14 days regardless of where they're flying out from. So they can't just travel to Dublin and on to the US without waiting 2 weeks first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Crèches should double their prices because of the risk and extra work load.

They are classed as childcare facilities, no?

They will be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Is there legislation for this?

What happens to:
    • Weddings
    • Gigs in 3 Arena
    • Mass
    • etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Now to isolate those dopes that went to Cheltenham
    Nope, they'll be simply asked at Dub Airport are they feeling alright and to wash their hands AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

onedmc wrote: »

Well what would you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Wut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Obviously im not expert but surely this will still be around on the 29th of march , I reckon for months ,

Will the kids at home not be in more contact with different adults than they would be on a school day ,
    Lets face it they all won't be kept in ,
    So then when they go back on the 29th will they not be super spreaders ?

It flattens out the curve allowing less strain on services

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

What happens to:
    • Weddings
    • Gigs in 3 Arena
    • Mass
    • etc

They should be cancelled

Dante7 wrote: »
    "During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

Read the whole article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

What happens to:
    • Weddings
    • Gigs in 3 Arena
    • Mass
    • etc

don't wait to be told - make your own decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Obviously im not expert but surely this will still be around on the 29th of march , I reckon for months ,

Will the kids at home not be in more contact with different adults than they would be on a school day ,

It'll go beyond the 29th until after Easter holidays at the earliest. This is just the initial measure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I think he should've gone a bit further with the remote working stuff. He only said that companies that have the capacity for it *should* do it, could've been worded a lot stronger. I know for a fact my company won't even though it's incredibly easy for us to do so. We're already doing a trial run today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

So this goes for China and now Ireland. Closures and halting normal function only works if you can do it for a prolonged period. So are we good to have no school until next September?

They need to set up a website for remote learning for these kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Coppers?????

Gardai to work as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Prediction after this announcement: 30+ cases will be declared at 6pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

iguana wrote: »
    I know it's necessary and frankly, for me and my son, it actually is going to be quite nice. I've been preparing for this for some time and have a range of great at home activities planned for the next while. I have been hoping for this to happen and believe it's a positive step given what we are facing, albeit possibly a week too late. But I guess it actually happening is still a horrible shock. I can't imagine what it's like for people who've been going through life blithely ignorant for the last few weeks.

Last night I started inputting the numbers for the top european countries into an excel sheet and doing it day by day. Just the new cases and it's a wake up call to see just how bad it it.
    We need to stop the spread especially if don't want to european numbers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    And Post offices?

In Italy, Post Offices have stayed open.

People need to realise they won't be back on the 29th.

Two weeks off, back for a week then two weeks off for Easter?

Way, way more likely that they are still mitigating panic, and that as we get closer to the 29th, they'll announce schools will stay off for the week between the "return" and Easter, and stay shut for the five weeks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Press conference starting now in Government buildings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

So many experts in here still not able to grasp the gravity of the situation.

• Advertisement

I can't see them opening on the 29th. They are preparing us for a much longer shutdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

People spend there time giving out ****e about the government

This action was fairly swift in all fairness

So credit them for that

Exactly, our government was slow to start but have been excellent at ramping things up. I’ve been following this for months and I’m very encouraged by how they are trying to handle this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Now to isolate those dopes that went to Cheltenham

Forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Dave0301

I wonder will the UK follow suit now as well, or will they leave schools in Northern Ireland open?

It still hasn't hit home what is happening.

Then again I have read way too much dystopian science fiction, so maybe I am a bit desensitised :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Tom Hanks and wife got it now. No typical symptoms.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9nVasnBNF5/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

Maybe you want to volunteer your services at the front line somewhere then, if it's all over the top and much ado about nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

d51984 wrote: »
    Could this not harm us more, we might get a lot more people from Europe coming to Ireland to fly to the USA now or am I missing something? A lot of airlines going to hit the wall here and a lot of jobs at risk.
    If you're concerned about this, sign this petition to try and convince the government to go further.
    https://www.change.org/Covid-19IE

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

namloc1980 wrote: »
    So many experts in here still not able to grasp the gravity of the situation.

Its incredible, really.

You see the shutting down of countries, suspensions of sporting leagues, and there's still arm chair experts going "Ah, its all grand."

Ireland has ALWAYS had this problem. You see it every time there's a storm, and there's people on boards and Reddit getting into arguements with actual experts, as if their opinion holds more value. Its insane and this is where it bites them in the ass now.

They'll be the same ones next week asking why did no one warn them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cnbyz

Tom Hanks and wife got it now. No typical symptoms.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9nVasnBNF5/
    That makes me think maybe the tests were wrong and what they have is cold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭SCOL

Schools to close from 6 pm today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement