Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,445 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

E36Ross wrote: »
    FROM TOMORROW.

I really dont get how they can feck up and cause such confusion over school closures.
    Very badly worded.

where's the confusion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

El Duda wrote: »
    As an English guy... I'd just like to congratulate you all for living in a country with a government that can see sense and puts its people first.

Here, all of the chat I'm hearing is about the damage isolation will do to the economy.

Funny, because you didn't seem to give a damn about your economy for the last four years

• Site Banned Posts: 33 Doctor Shipman

Honestly anyone coming back from Cheltenham should be bused down to the Curragh for two weeks of enforced quarentine.

Gormonstown and Kilbride barracks will be the quarantine zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Fair play to Leo. Spot on decision. I just hope the experts in here who think this just a bit of a flu aren't in important decision making roles in their jobs

He was only following EU CDC suit, he had no choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Just heard that all major companies in Zurich are having pandemic meetings today. Quite a bit of talk that the country will be put on lock down shortly.

The sooner all countries do it, the safer we will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,450 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Fian wrote: »
    time to start bringing my own lunch to work instead of popping out to buy something prepared by someone else.

They will call us the Greatest Generation

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Really? Could have sworn it was from today.

It is from today. Had text from school. Closes at 3pm until 29th. No after school activities/sports today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

He spoke very well. He only reiterated everything leo said but he spoke far better.

Edit: I'm not bashing leo... Just saying Coveney did a great job there

Can't stand Leo, and wouldn't vote for FG in a fit.

But Coveney absolutely is someone who I respect. He's very well spoken and actually has the air of a leader off him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

spookwoman wrote: »
    A little perspective on the numbers. these are just new cases every day lists with the totals at the bottom. Ignore sweden switzerland they still need to be done.

We do not want those numbers from the continent

WN9btPnl.png

That resolution hurts my eyes. Do you have larger picture with more clarity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I'm actually relieved today.

I thought I was having a mental breakdown 3 weeks ago when I was stocking up, but it turns out I was not that mad.

Even doing this today will save an untold number of lives in the long run.

Now, what they need to do, is implement quarantines and tests on everyone coming into the country.

No point in doing this and not stopping sick people coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Axfrderr wrote: »
    Coveney saying "I'm a father, a husband and a son too" really hit me, in fairness he spoke well.

He’s a great speaker I like him a lot. The kind of person you want to hear from in a crisis

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

FROM TOMORROW.

I really dont get how they can feck up and cause such confusion over school closures.
    Very badly worded.

Does it matter? Do people go to school after 6pm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

FROM TOMORROW.

Very badly worded.

Its not though. All institutions mentioned close at 6pm and dont open again until 29th March.

If you say they dont open tomorrow, then what time do they stay open until tonight?

They wont be open tomorrow anyway, so whats the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

Really? Could have sworn it was from today.

Correct, from 6pm today. All closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

At last some positive actions and clear direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Yeah, The Cove is one of the few politicians you can take seriously.

He's a class act, from watching him on Brexit I am glad he is heavily involved here.

We need good leadership, but we need better followship (is that a word?)

The public - all of us - need to do their best for the greater good now, the govt. can only advise, it's up to the individual to do what's best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

They will call us the Greatest Generation
    Not all heroes wear capes.
    Some even make their own lunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its incredible, really.

You see the shutting down of countries, suspensions of sporting leagues, and there's still arm chair experts going "Ah, its all grand."

Ireland has ALWAYS had this problem. You see it every time there's a storm, and there's people on boards and Reddit getting into arguements with actual experts, as if their opinion holds more value. Its insane and this is where it bites them in the ass now.

They'll be the same ones next week asking why did no one warn them
    :P

In fairness, people have been poo poo-ing the experts from both directions - some questioning them when they are being moderate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Expecting to see the Copper Faced Jacks “We are business as usual” or some equally irritating blasé status

Coronavirus is only one of the potential issues you could pick up there in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Look better late than never. Some of us were calling for this 2 weeks ago.

Ideally we'd close the airports and ports but we shall wait and see. I reckon 6pm announcement for new cases will be a big one considering all these measures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

FROM TOMORROW.

Very badly worded.
    :rolleyes:

How many schools are still open and doing classes after 6pm?

Fuck's sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Renjit wrote: »
    That resolution hurts my eyes. Do you have larger picture with more clarity?

file attached

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

FROM TOMORROW.

Very badly worded.
    They're obviously open today, kids are in them right now.

They close this evening and don't open tomorrow.

No confusion about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

He’s a great speaker I like him a lot. The kind of person you want to hear from in a crisis

Totally agree and he didn't feck off to the States for a non Patrick's Day event.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Expect a large increase in cases announced this evening.

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1238071745183133696

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Coronavirus is only one of the potential issues you could pick up there in fairness.

Hahahahah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

El Weirdo wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

How many schools are still open and doing classes after 6pm?

Fuck's sake.

Night school for adults?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

I've been reading Deadliest Enemy: Our War Against Killer Germs by Michael T. Osterholm, the two chapters which relate to SARS & MERS and Influenza vaccines are particularly insightful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement